E92 Premium Selection

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
DrD;676752 said:
morning there,

M very new here and i hope u guys could help me out :).
Intend to buy a recond 325 Msport 2007 Uk spec with milage around 19 k km.
Just want to ask a few question before investing in it.
Hows the maintanence like permonth?
Is there anything i need to know before investing in this car?
Fuel consumption as i travel daily from sg buloh to klang?
Additional cost that i need to keep a side?
How much is the tyre 17 inch?
Resale value after 5 years?
How often need to service the car and is there good BMW mechanic around?
Any regrets any1 of u with your cars?
So sorry guys, really hope u guys could help me out ,as this is a big commitment for me.

Check the engine type, try to avoid if is N53 engine (most likely for 2007 UK model) which would face injector problem with our Malaysian petrol.

Perhaps you wanna look for BMW premium selection.

At least they are thoroughly tested by BMW malaysia prior to sale. Some even come with warranty.

Premium selections, you pay premium laa bro......

For those recon, nowadays, you could also get good cars. But please look for one at a reputable AP/Recon dealers rather than just some unknown importers.

Usually, these reputable dealers, also give warranty up to 3 years, but in normal circumstances, 1 yr. Also, prior to the car being given/handed over to you, they will do the 100% checking and replacing those items that needs to be replaced, maintenance, etc. You can infact bargain with them for certain items such as tyres (for them replace new), tinting etc.

Anyway, my e92 is a 325i, 2007 as below..............so far soo gooooood....vroooooooommmmmmmmmmmmmm

img263k.jpg

if u dont mind me asking how much did u got it for Yoko?
mine is from Wana motors in cheras.....any issues with them?????

yoko9798;677931 said:
Premium selections, you pay premium laa bro......

For those recon, nowadays, you could also get good cars. But please look for one at a reputable AP/Recon dealers rather than just some unknown importers.

Usually, these reputable dealers, also give warranty up to 3 years, but in normal circumstances, 1 yr. Also, prior to the car being given/handed over to you, they will do the 100% checking and replacing those items that needs to be replaced, maintenance, etc. You can infact bargain with them for certain items such as tyres (for them replace new), tinting etc.

Anyway, my e92 is a 325i, 2007 as below..............so far soo gooooood....vroooooooommmmmmmmmmmmmm

img263k.jpg

Looking sleek bro...

aoch88;673430 said:
Actually the engine is fine most of the time, I'm sure most people would agree. However for a BMW car, it's filled with sensors all over the place and you don't know which one and when it would fail :) I bought an AP car, it looks beautiful, mechanic checked it but let's be reasonable, will the mechanic take responsibility for something he missed out or he is wrong about during the check? A normal OBD check will also not reveal when one of these sensors would die or if the injector would fail, etc. It can only tell you that everything is fine at that point in time. On the other hand, 90% of the time, mileage has been tampered.

After buying an AP recond myself, I can surely say that my next BMW would either be a used local CKD or direct from authorized BMW distributors like Ingress or AB. A premium selection car is definitely a better choice (if one can afford) because if something is broken like the sensors or cables, etc, it's easily thousands of RM but is covered by warranty. For AP cars, we're on our own.

There's obviously a risk to take and the choice is ours :) It comes down to personal preference surely but I think people should weight the pros/cons before really deciding to go for an AP car.

Warranty and BSRI are perhaps one of the main reason I choose a local CKD model over recond models for my first Beemer. I can tell you, when the computer inform you it is time to change this and that, let the BSRI take care of the rest (as it covers wear and tear). Over my period of BSRI coverage, I always felt good that all the issues highlighted by the sensors all around the car are taken care off. ie. peeling plastics, squeeking dashboards, windscreen wipers, brake disc/brake pad, brake oil change, engine oil change and etc. All these for free during warranty/BSRI coverage.

On top of that, although our CKD Beemer is only 2 years warranty, with BSRI and proper maintenance schedule, most SC will do 3rd year warranty under good will too.

My next Beemer upgrade will most likely be from local CKD/CBU as well.

But then... they are others with AP recond/used that have good experience. Just need to know what to look at and check for before signing on the dotted lines :)

At the end of the day.. just a personal preference. There's no right or wrong.

kevin1982my;674567 said:
Its me again asking the sifus here tons of questions.

I have been reading most of the E9x forums here and was rather dissapointed with the reliability of those cars. I know BMW = banyak masuk wang, but the magnitude is just freaking out of this world.

Those stories mainly affect CKD/SKD only or CBU as well? I know my car comes with warranty, but i plan to keep the car longer than 5 years as its such a beauty.

Correct me if I am wrong, but I believe all these issue with fuel pump problem affects only the BMW E9x with N54 engines (their I6 iron block turbocharged engine). If you are buying 325i... that would be N52 engines (their I6 magnesium allow engine block model). You can refer to Wikipedia for this or even via this link

https://wiki.bentleypublishers.com/...uel+Pump+for+Turbo+vehicles+-+BMW+335i,+335xi

SapphireBlack;678651 said:
Correct me if I am wrong, but I believe all these issue with fuel pump problem affects only the BMW E9x with N54 engines (their I6 iron block turbocharged engine). If you are buying 325i... that would be N52 engines (their I6 magnesium allow engine block model). You can refer to Wikipedia for this or even via this link

https://wiki.bentleypublishers.com/...uel+Pump+for+Turbo+vehicles+-+BMW+335i,+335xi

N54 is notoriusly bad.
N53 may be found in some UK recon units which the injector may be susceptible to problem.
even N52 have some engine lifter tappet sound issue.

EL118;678681 said:
N54 is notoriusly bad.
N53 may be found in some UK recon units which the injector may be susceptible to problem.
even N52 have some engine lifter tappet sound issue.

If im not mistaken, the noisy tappets in N52 engines has been solved from 2008 onwards. So engine >2008 should be safe from that prob

wah, sure ka bro. most SC will do 3rd year warranty under good will?........which SC?

My 2 cents worth.. this is my 3rd BM and I have never found ownership to be particularly expensive and I have always bought 2nd hand or recon.. the important thing is to have it checked by a mechanic you trust before you sign on the dotted line. Also, preventive maintenance will keep you out of the big money ticket items...

Consider someone who bought a 335 new in 2007 - RM400k+ and now selling for RM250k - RM280K. In fact a lot of 2009 335s now looking at around RM320K - RM340K but new almost RM500. That's RM30,000+ to RM70,000+ a year in depreciation. As a 2nd owner, a lot less to lose IMHO.

After all, how many things can go wrong on a car (non-turbo) which will cost you more than RM5,000 to fix.. gearbox... If you have it checked before you buy, likelihood is a lot less.

In the long run, I believe 2nd hand / recon are a cheaper investment...

Ultimately, I would rather have a nice recon 335 M-Sport (with all the options) for less than a much newer 323.. better drive, better performance, better spec.. But everyone has their own opinion on this...

Happy motoring

Also on the N54, from my research appears to be whether one bought a lemon.. quite a few with Fuel Pump problems but I also know of a few owners who have never had this problem after almost 4 years ownership..

Can't quite say it is notoriously bad.. I get a smile every time I take my 335 for a blast... when you hit 4K and above and the car pulls to redline... you will understand why the n54 won all the distinction of being the best engine in the world when it was released..

hmmmm, i haven tried that on my 335. Just one week old with me, and its raining everyday in KL. So mostly driving through puddles and getting splashes. Hsianers, how fast can a 335 go? Top end i mean? Is there limiter?

I took it up to 200 on the way up to KLIA and back.. a little too much traffic unfortunately and felt the suspension a little fidgety, but perhaps thats with the run flats.. looking at getting rid of them and moving on to Breyton Race GTS 20"

I believe all BMs are speed limited to 155mph?

oic, thats around 250kmh. I need to change tyres before i even go to that speed, on dry roads. My tyre tread are still ok, but i worry its lifespan has expired, since its a recon unit, i dont know how long its been on the car. Worry that if it hardens, and makes no grip.., then have to take it to my official first warranty service which i bought to cover the mechanical and electronics for 3 years / 75km either comes first. Need to go their panel for the 10k service works. And then start some waxing or detailing works. Looks like i have to spend a fortune before i can really enjoy the ride at its full potential. : )

Have to decide what rubbers for the original 19" rims. Many recommendations on the tyres tread section. Still considering and looking around.
By the way, the acceration is really nice, for an auto.....but paddle shifts are weird. Pull to move 1,2,3,4,5,6 and press to 6,5,4,3,2,1. Feels strange. I would prefer otherwise.

In mudah today only a handful of ads 4 335 left. Must b a lot of new 335 owners on d road. Paddle shift on 335 sucks, but d auto gear is an absolute joy. My exhaust shop owner who did my down pipes, straight pipes n exhaust said d gear box on d 335 is second only 2 d r35s. That's a huge compliment considering he himself drives a f430..Three must have mods on a 335, piggyback jb4 or precede, dci n downpipes with primary n secondary cats removed. U'll b smiling in yr sleep.

Daniel E30;686153 said:
Have to decide what rubbers for the original 19" rims. Many recommendations on the tyres tread section. Still considering and looking around.
By the way, the acceration is really nice, for an auto.....but paddle shifts are weird. Pull to move 1,2,3,4,5,6 and press to 6,5,4,3,2,1. Feels strange. I would prefer otherwise.

Bro Daniel,

Can always after market your way to the 'proper' left downshift right upshift paddles - M3 paddles, the new (E89 2012 onwards) Z4 paddles, all these should fit the E92 :)

Top Bottom