320D Premium Selection

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
DJH;691205 said:
i upgraded with powerkit. Now exploring vector power....and etc. Hehehe. Anyway, i bought i due to its frugality. Not to say no money to pay petrol but can't stand the frequencies in visiting petrol station every 4 days or so.....and i can't wait for new dual turbo (F30) so kiasu and go get it. There u go!

It's good to be kiasu-to a certain extent-tells the world we are careful, disciplined and responsible besides being diligent and hard working.
Go diesel, all the way!

siuloong85;688681 said:
205k for 2011 320d pre owned, 6000km, idrive. 210k with 5 years bsri

225k for pre reg 320d, 4 km, idrive, 230k with 5 years bsri

Hi Bro, any info regarding the interest rate? am hunting for one also..

Thanks n regards.

Planning to come down this weekend for test drive n check out the range of 320D available on the premium selection. can someone advise me the right place & contact person? TIA

Hey bros, do u guys think that this promo will continue till early next year? am planning to get one only early next year..now doing survey first..

Thanks and regards!

Tiger;691639 said:
Hey bros, do u guys think that this promo will continue till early next year? am planning to get one only early next year..now doing survey first..

Thanks and regards!

Nope, buddy....its an end-of-year promo thingy to entice buyers to buy an end 2011 car. If you really can't wait for the F30 320d , then this is your best shot-then hold on to the E90 for the next 100,000km/5 years before buying the facelifted LCI midlife version of the F30.

aiyo..when will they bring in the F30?? i am actually thinking that they will make another round of this kind of promo before they face out this model next year..alamak..really in dilemma..don really like the F30 look..was actually looking at E46 325i but kena u all diesel head poison la..haha..and i travel a lot and the diesel sure can save me a lot petrol not losing the pleasure of driving..have not driven a beemer before coz parents are 3-pointer star supporter all this while..haha..

Hi all.

When i tested the 320d, it seemed like the diesel clatter that can be heard outside the car was louder when the engine was cold and became quieter when the engine is warmed up.

Any 320d owners notice this or its just my imagination? Trying to get a mate to purchase the 320d as he is not very happy with the min 6 mths waiting period for the golf GTI.

How fast actually is the 320d with performance kit, compared to golf gti? Much slower, slightly slower, almost the same?

I have searched the forums, but this forum is huge. Hopefully i didnt miss anything.

The current 320d can hit 250km/hr without the powerkit. Its not so much the top speed but the intoxicating torque that you will use everyday you get the car moving. It will be a delight you will relish every driving day of your life. You will never look at another petrol car again.

kevin1982my;691658 said:
Hi all.
How fast actually is the 320d with performance kit, compared to golf gti? Much slower, slightly slower, almost the same?

The stated century sprint for the 320d is 7.4 seconds I think. With the kit it goes down to 6.9 seconds, on par with the GTI mk6
The 80-120 should be roughly the same for both too, in the 5.5 second range.

The BMW is significantly heavier than the GTI though, I think around 150-200kg heavier so you do feel the torque really moving the car. The GTI does have its own powerkit equivalent too :D

Cool. So it is very fast then. Awesome!!!

What about the clatter? Is it true that it becomes much less noticeable when the engine is warmed up?

And some said with BHP diesel, it does become less noticeable. Any1 tried before?

Thanks again!!

I will be coming down from Melaka this weekend to check out the promo & test drive before making further decision. Anyone wants to join? Based on the info's i gathered here 320d is slightly slower compared to GTI. Of course i'm comparing stock car, for GTI there's plenty of aftermarket tuners (States, Europe or local) & with a simple remap without any hardware mods will unleash around 50 bhp gain.

emaveric;691741 said:
I will be coming down from Melaka this weekend to check out the promo & test drive before making further decision. Anyone wants to join? Based on the info's i gathered here 320d is slightly slower compared to GTI. Of course i'm comparing stock car, for GTI there's plenty of aftermarket tuners (States, Europe or local) & with a simple remap without any hardware mods will unleash around 50 bhp gain.

Im in. PM time date location. Or if there is lots of ppl, then just put the time date location here.

Yes its slightly slower than GTI, but its a lux sedan. GTI is quick due to the dsg. The standard GTI with manual box is slightly slower than the dsg box.

PLus 320d is rear wheel drive.

The only thing is the clatter.

All diesel cars have that diesel clatter. I am here in Europe now and that is also the case with most cars here being diesel. You just get used to it. The cabin noise insulation with the new cars the 320d and the 520d is superb and there's no clatter at all from the inside.
Like I've always said time and time again before, test drive, test drive and test drive again. 3 times each car! We look forwards to your test drive reports of the GTI vs the 320d and I might also join you all this weekend! PM me your hp number or sms me on 016 654 7406. Saturday or Sunday this weekend? I know the Quill PJ's boss and he can give you guys a fantastic deal!

emaveric;691741 said:

Yep as docray said test drive. There are remaps for 320d too, no hardware mods required but BMW started to get clever and blocked OBDII port remaps so we're stuck with either full ECU remaps or tuning boxes.

kevin1982my;691738 said:
What about the clatter? Is it true that it becomes much less noticeable when the engine is warmed up?

The clatter will always be there, don't believe the hype. :D Even in Europe where you have the option of V-Power Diesel the clatter will be just as loud, it's a characteristic of the diesel engine.

Top Bottom