E92 Premium Selection

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
BMW depreciation rate is "good" in the sense that it always involves a huge sum of money :) Some examples:

BMW E60 530i 2007 (M-Sport), new car is approx RM460K back then and today it's around RM280K used (local CKD) and around RM240-260K for AP recond. RM200K depreciation only
BMW E90 325i 2009 (Sports sedan), new car is approx RM310K back then and today it's around RM210K used (local CKD) and around RM190-200K for a AP recond. RM100K depreciation only

Actually I tell you what, don't worry about all these :) Enjoy your ride and who knows you're a lot richer 5 years down the road so the depreciation is nothing. The key to success is to spend money like water and learn how to earn more instead of saving up. Money is meant to be spent, hahaha

Well. The 325 coupe CBU seems to be selling for 378k new price.

SO 315k = 63k discount to take into account depreciation.

Hmmm. Any ideas if that is enough? Im ok with depreciation. Afterall paid the deposit and stuffs, but just want to know what im getting myself into.

or, why not go for the e93 convertible?......fuhhh, really gaya when you put the top down

Good. One less thing to worry about.

These cars seem to have the same amount of complexity and electronics as a space shuttle from the 70s minus the life support system.

Do miss the reliabilty of the elises with toyota engines. The engine and gearbox is practically bulletproof. The rest not so much but since its all mechanical, there's nothing a wrench and a hammer cant fix.

aoch88;673789 said:
............. The key to success is to spend money like water and learn how to earn more instead of saving up. Money is meant to be spent, hahaha

This statement is very dangerous. nowadays so many people went bankrupt by overspending!

We should have careful financial planning and spend when can afford, not spend first and look for funding. there is a shocking 41 people go bankrupt everyday in Malaysia. (hopefully not due to owning a BMW)

http://www.thestar.com.my/news/story.asp?file=/2011/9/22/nation/9550278&sec=nation

Ryou;673449 said:
AP 335i vs AB 325i are 2 very diffrent cars

really depends whether u want a smooth headache free cruiser...or a riskier monster that will eat GTI's and most other cars on KL roads

I spent almost 15k on my AP 335i after i got it, just to sort out wear and tear etc. The car kevin is considering...can drive off, not spend a sen for next 5 years.

just fyi...2 of my good frens with AP 335, both had fuel pump failures recently...thankfully its only about 1300 to replace

Its me again asking the sifus here tons of questions.

I have been reading most of the E9x forums here and was rather dissapointed with the reliability of those cars. I know BMW = banyak masuk wang, but the magnitude is just freaking out of this world.

Those stories mainly affect CKD/SKD only or CBU as well? I know my car comes with warranty, but i plan to keep the car longer than 5 years as its such a beauty.

kevin1982my;674567 said:
Its me again asking the sifus here tons of questions.

I have been reading most of the E9x forums here and was rather dissapointed with the reliability of those cars. I know BMW = banyak masuk wang, but the magnitude is just freaking out of this world.

Those stories mainly affect CKD/SKD only or CBU as well? I know my car comes with warranty, but i plan to keep the car longer than 5 years as its such a beauty.

u have to pay attention to it about the same level you do to your girl friend or your wife. else the consequence is also similar......he he

People always post on forums when they have problems, they won't post if there is no problems with their e9x. So what you read on the forums is just a small minority. If such a high percentage of e9x breakdown then i think most would not buy it. Enjoy your e92 it's not an exotic like a Ferrari or lambo and even that they still drive it hard as it was meant to be. In fact since you bought with warranty and BSRI it should ease your worries.

MRsamdol;674622 said:
People always post on forums when they have problems, they won't post if there is no problems with their e9x. So what you read on the forums is just a small minority. If such a high percentage of e9x breakdown then i think most would not buy it. Enjoy your e92 it's not an exotic like a Ferrari or lambo and even that they still drive it hard as it was meant to be. In fact since you bought with warranty and BSRI it should ease your worries.

Words of wisdom. Thanks for the assurance.

Dp paid. Awaiting delivery coming 18th Oct.

Looking forward to a great ownership experience for the next 5-7 years.

Looks like this club is pretty active. Looking forward for TT, trips, etc too.

According to the SA, E92 Diesels are not brought into Malaysia by AB. Probably AP ones available.

Not sure if he is BSing. Tested the 320d, but didnt really like the sound, no offence to the 320d owners. The in gear pull is impressive though. On the other hand, the 325i sounded magical. Just like a turbine. Didnt know a reciprocating engine can sound like that. It sounds sweeter than my rotary rx8.

morning there,

M very new here and i hope u guys could help me out :).
Intend to buy a recond 325 Msport 2007 Uk spec with milage around 19 k km.
Just want to ask a few question before investing in it.
Hows the maintanence like permonth?
Is there anything i need to know before investing in this car?
Fuel consumption as i travel daily from sg buloh to klang?
Additional cost that i need to keep a side?
How much is the tyre 17 inch?
Resale value after 5 years?
How often need to service the car and is there good BMW mechanic around?
Any regrets any1 of u with your cars?
So sorry guys, really hope u guys could help me out ,as this is a big commitment for me.

Im not sure what the other BMW sifus will have to say.

BUt my experience with recon cars so far is the millege might be fake. Have it checked out from the OBD port at a reputable workshop
Tyre wise, 17" will cost around RM500-800 each depending on brand. If you plan to go RFT, then i have no experience in that area. I believe there is a thread here on RFT prices.

thanks bro

R u sure there can alter the digital millege? didnt know do could do that
anyway is it ok the price 192 k for a recond 325 m sport u k specs?
Do u have anyone that i could take my car to check before i buy it?

DrD;676775 said:
thanks bro

R u sure there can alter the digital millege? didnt know do could do that
anyway is it ok the price 192 k for a recond 325 m sport u k specs?
Do u have anyone that i could take my car to check before i buy it?

Join us for out next TT-lots of sifus around! Just buy them a beer! Ha ha!

sounds good bro but dont know wen is your next tt and thinking very much about this car but dont want to get my self in to trouble if the car is not in good condition.

Top Bottom