Pre-LCI E60 - Sport Mode Unlock

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
Tuan,

don't get it la...by installing the mentioned cable...to unlock the sport mode is by pressing the button is it? instead of put the gear to DS position...

I am also unsure about whether this Sport mode is actually the DS position and have asked the seller to clarify. Take a look at the seller's Youtube video.

irfan80;826911 said:
sudah siap kasi dtg seksyen 9 tunjuk ya....hihi

It does looks easy to DIY....just buy a small switch and some cable, get the correct BMW electrical male pins and tap into connector pin no 8 and 10.

Just received clarification from ebay seller. Yes, this Sport mode is the same as if you are on DS position.

so what is the use since we can always shift to DS mode ?
And we do not always need the DS mode right?

since nothing much to mod our e60....do this to tambah2 kerja la....cool oso...just press then go DS...hihi

louiswaw;827096 said:
so what is the use since we can always shift to DS mode ?
And we do not always need the DS mode right?

Ive successfully installed the sport mode button last night... DIY way ... i use an aftermarket car alarm reset button together with the insert pins that came with it... so basically it is kinda plug n play installation. I can say that sports mode are different from DS mode... it have different behavior especially on the throttle response and gear changing. IMHO sports mode feels better compared to DS mode.

IDT;832395 said:
Ive successfully installed the sport mode button last night... DIY way ... i use an aftermarket car alarm reset button together with the insert pins that came with it... so basically it is kinda plug n play installation. I can say that sports mode are different from DS mode... it have different behavior especially on the throttle response and gear changing. IMHO sports mode feels better compared to DS mode.

IDT,

That is very interesting. Mind telling us what engine capacity and model is your e60?

We recently have a member who installed this into his E60 (I think 520 without active steering). You can even even do Sports and DS at the same time..

Herbert;832406 said:
IDT,

That is very interesting. Mind telling us what engine capacity and model is your e60?

mine is 2004 e60 530i with m54b30

Happy to have done this to my 2008 lci. Connected wire is behind fuse panel.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

good feedback.... like this can arrange group modification kot....

sport mode modification by one of CTC member

IMG-20131110-WA0010_zps18a7c5d3.jpg

and the DIY sports button
IMG-20131110-WA0012_zps64e2b376.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

sport mode modification by one of CTC member

IMG-20131110-WA0010_zps18a7c5d3.jpg

and the DIY sports button
IMG-20131110-WA0012_zps64e2b376.jpg

Herbert;852207 said:
UnoS,

Nice mod and do you feel the difference when switched to "Sport" mode? For those who wish to add "Sport" mode for their e60, you can buy it here..http://www.ebay.com.my/itm/BMW-E60-...597808?pt=Car_Audio_Video&hash=item461582b330

Herbert not my car... one of CTC members car.... ... they said... ade umphhh... auto with sport mode... if DS lagi syoik

- - - Updated - - -

Herbert;852207 said:
UnoS,

Nice mod and do you feel the difference when switched to "Sport" mode? For those who wish to add "Sport" mode for their e60, you can buy it here..http://www.ebay.com.my/itm/BMW-E60-...597808?pt=Car_Audio_Video&hash=item461582b330

Herbert not my car... one of CTC members car.... ... they said... ade umphhh... auto with sport mode... if DS lagi syoik

Top Bottom