Need some advise please

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
Hi Herbert,

Sorry for the late posting, really busy with biz...

Bavaria Auto purchase

1) 7 pcs ZF 6HP19 solenoid for M54, E60 after nego RM 1,350.00

2) 6HP ATF each liter RM45.00, total need 8, so is RM360.00

3) ATF oil pan RM 250.00

4) ATF oil pan seal RM 60.00

Purchase from Herbert, Beisan double vanos seal, price RM 180.00

PKL Motor workshop purchase

1) 7 liter Ravenol each liter RM 60.00. So total is RM 420.00

2) oil filter RM 45.00 (forget the price, I think is this figure)

3) BMW/NGK ori spark plugs each RM 43.00, need 6x, so is RM 258.00

4) vanos pipe RM 185.00

5) valve gasket RM 85.00

6) labour to change engine oil, service gb valve body, change gb solenoids, service & replace beisan double vanos seal, change gasket & pipe, program & resetting valve body (I think that's all, couldn't remember.... Stay from 10.45am until evening 9.30pm..... Charges at RM 850.00.

So, total you sum up...cos I got no eye to see,it's huge damages...:stupid:...

Harry,

Thanks for the above info and pricing. So essentially what you did were the followings:-

1. Auto Transmission

(a) replaced the auto transmission ZF6HP19 solenoids at the mechatronics.
(b) replaced the ATF oil pan & fluid.

2. Engine service with replacement of oil filter & lubricant & spark plugs

3. Replacement of vanos seals with new Beisan seals kit.

Personally I believe the labour charges of RM850.00 to perform the above 3 items is reasonable.

Hi herbert,
Thanks for your advice and recommendation too...

- - - Updated - - -

Hi herbert,
Thanks for your advice and recommendation too...

dear herbert or harry,

pls PM me PKL motorsport adress and their contact no..since my GB simpthon almost similar with you..thanks again

- - - Updated - - -

dear herbert or harry,

pls PM me PKL motorsport adress and their contact no..since my GB simpthon almost similar with you..thanks again

pakdogol;849508 said:
dear herbert or harry,

- - - Updated - - -

dear herbert or harry,

check your pm

thanks Herbert, your PM received.

Dear Harry,

Hopefully you can upate your GB status so far

- - - Updated - - -

thanks Herbert, your PM received.

Dear Harry,

Hopefully you can upate your GB status so far

So far after 1 week, everything is fine. When there was gb problem, I scared to press the pedal, worry of the idrive error message pops up. Now seems car perform like a new performance UDM, once pedal press, the beast can easily over take cars in front, gear changed smoothly, i think its also the performance that I changed to beisan doble vanos seals too...Thanks to Herbert on the parts and advice...

harry_7;849363 said:
Hi Herbert,

Sorry for the late posting, really busy with biz...

Bavaria Auto purchase

1) 7 pcs ZF 6HP19 solenoid for M54, E60 after nego RM 1,350.00

2) 6HP ATF each liter RM45.00, total need 8, so is RM360.00

3) ATF oil pan RM 250.00

4) ATF oil pan seal RM 60.00

Purchase from Herbert, Beisan double vanos seal, price RM 180.00

PKL Motor workshop purchase

1) 7 liter Ravenol each liter RM 60.00. So total is RM 420.00

2) oil filter RM 45.00 (forget the price, I think is this figure)

3) BMW/NGK ori spark plugs each RM 43.00, need 6x, so is RM 258.00

4) vanos pipe RM 185.00

5) valve gasket RM 85.00

6) labour to change engine oil, service gb valve body, change gb solenoids, service & replace beisan double vanos seal, change gasket & pipe, program & resetting valve body (I think that's all, couldn't remember.... Stay from 10.45am until evening 9.30pm..... Charges at RM 850.00.

So, total you sum up...cos I got no eye to see,it's huge damages...:stupid:...

So, if i assume solenoid change and gearbox service @rm500, plus the solenoids @rm1350, then total is rm1850. That's less than half what mscope quoted me last time. Definitely will pay them a visit. Can pm me their contact details ah bro herbert?

Herbert;849510 said:
check your pm

Dear Mr. Herbert,

please PM me PKL motosport address and contact no.. my GB suddenly showing the similar symptoms...

Dear Mr. Harry,

If you dont mind sharing, which branch did u get the solenoid for rm1350? that is a good discount i can say.

tqtqtq

- - - Updated - - -

Herbert;849510 said:
check your pm

Dear Mr. Herbert,

please PM me PKL motosport address and contact no.. my GB suddenly showing the similar symptoms...

Dear Mr. Harry,

If you dont mind sharing, which branch did u get the solenoid for rm1350? that is a good discount i can say.

tqtqtq

IDT;850000 said:
Dear Mr. Herbert,

Dear Mr. Harry,

tqtqtq

- - - Updated - - -

tqtqtq

Bavarian Auto 1 Puchong....

I finally had my mechatronic solenoids replaced by PKL Motorsports. I'm happy to report that all my transmission related problems are now gone. No more shuddering at low gear, no more rpm hunting while the gearbox unable to make its mind up when to change gear, no more jerking when coming to a stop, no more thumping sound when changing to manual mode and no more lurching the car forward when shifting from M2->M1. The gear shifts are generally smooth most of the times, although occasionally it holds a particular gear for a wee bit longer for my liking. But overall I'm very pleased with the results and money well-spent.

I also replaced the valve cover gasket and Vanos seal kit which I bought quite some time back from group buy.

IMG_20131104_163730_zpsd2f611b9.jpg

This was the first time seeing inside my engine head and surprisingly it was quite clean even after 140k++ kms.

IMG_20131104_163752_zps0be4f558.jpg

My vanos unit however wasn't quite good. There was a minor sludge buildup. Guess that what's leaking seals will do.

IMG_20131104_183801_zps2b8b014c.jpg

Vanos unit after service.

- - - Updated - - -

I finally had my mechatronic solenoids replaced by PKL Motorsports. I'm happy to report that all my transmission related problems are now gone. No more shuddering at low gear, no more rpm hunting while the gearbox unable to make its mind up when to change gear, no more jerking when coming to a stop, no more thumping sound when changing to manual mode and no more lurching the car forward when shifting from M2->M1. The gear shifts are generally smooth most of the times, although occasionally it holds a particular gear for a wee bit longer for my liking. But overall I'm very pleased with the results and money well-spent.

I also replaced the valve cover gasket and Vanos seal kit which I bought quite some time back from group buy.

IMG_20131104_163730_zpsd2f611b9.jpg

This was the first time seeing inside my engine head and surprisingly it was quite clean even after 140k++ kms.

IMG_20131104_163752_zps0be4f558.jpg

My vanos unit however wasn't quite good. There was a minor sludge buildup. Guess that what's leaking seals will do.

IMG_20131104_183801_zps2b8b014c.jpg

Vanos unit after service.

PKL workshop will become well known day after...:top:,place to rectify & solve E60 gb with reasonable price...

Guys having the exact problem....please PM me the workshop details...Tks.

Kay,

For the benefit of other members facing similar problems with their auto transmission, the workshop's address and contact details are as below:-

PKL Motor Sport
Block B-G-25, Jalan Kuchai Maju 2,
Kuchai Lama,
58200 KL

Tel: (016) 212-8488 (Ah Lai)

Top Bottom