Power kit and 6 potter on the 320d

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
The BMW UK owners report that they get back their old ECU and fans after the power kit is installed. Let's call it a spare in case your ECU or fan dies down the road. :D

Is it the same here or the dealers telan the old parts? :D

gameover;707088 said:
The BMW UK owners report that they get back their old ECU and fans after the power kit is installed. Let's call it a spare in case your ECU or fan dies down the road. :D

i think get back old parts.

The Vector is awesome! Just got it yesterday. Its now not the power, but the control of the car, the tyres and how they grip the road that I worry about. Not once I had to push the accelerator to the floor till the 'click' button clicks. Can race any GTI, 335i-bring them on!

gameover;707088 said:

yes, u will get back everything including the ecu and radiator hose

docrayboy;707118 said:
The Vector is awesome! Just got it yesterday. Its now not the power, but the control of the car, the tyres and how they grip the road that I worry about. Not once I had to push the accelerator to the floor till the 'click' button clicks. Can race any GTI, 335i-bring them on!

Pls explain what u mean by till the the "click" button clicks

DJH;707120 said:
Pls explain what u mean by till the the "click" button clicks

Upon flooring your pedal,there's a "clicking" sound made at the end (full pedal to the floor)
this is explained in the manual as depressed down or something like that. *manual not with me at the moment*

docrayboy;707118 said:

and also please explain "Can race any GTI, 335i-bring them on!"..interested to know :)

any indicative figures quoted by Vector on the power/torque increase?

tq

DJH;707123 said:
what does it do actually? Extra power?

from what i understood,
if in D mode,when you press the pedal slightly (say to overtake) it wont be downshifting just yet.it might take few seconds.
so the kickdown (ah yes now i remember the term) is forcing to downshift immediately
of course this can always be replaced by putting the lever in manual mode and down shift manually.

correct me if i am wrong.

how about in DS mode without putting it in manual mode, is the click still available?

yeah the button downshifts the gears by 1 gear-available in d and Ds, both-u can feel it go click when u floor the accelerator

docrayboy;707118 said:

hi doc,

take it easy lor, your car will now wear out tires faster and traction control comes in more often. as for the 'click' u mention, most conti cars has that feature. it is call 'kick-down' button as u r kicking the pedal to the floor. what is does is to force the gearbox to downshift instantaneous as long as the rev doesnt exceed red line or danger zone. it is more like shift to sport mode at that moment.

example for petrol engine, if u accelerate full pedal but not engaging the 'kick-down' button, it should up shift about 5,000rpm. however, if with 'kick-down', it will rev up to redline before shifting. u can try with your ride and see what is the diff in rpm when shifting.

enjoy your 'new' ride.

SilverBullet;707124 said:
and also please explain "Can race any GTI, 335i-bring them on!"..interested to know :)

any indicative figures quoted by Vector on the power/torque increase?

tq

hi silverbullet,

a Vector-ed 320d here with 184hp engine did a dyno and i remember torque is about 440Nm, not sure about HP....about 195HP on wheel. someone can confirm that?

jwah;707195 said:
320d 184hp vectored 221hp 450nm

http://www.vector-tuning.com/en/tuningbox.php

what about 320d powerkited (the system doesn't listed) , with the hardware upgraded, shall handle the 230hp 480NM (estimated a 15% increment?)

DJH....

I think there is an upper limit on what the engine can do, the limit is probably the amount of air it's getting. I recall wuk51 saying that his engine simply can't go higher after a point.

Also who's out there using a K&N air filter on their 320d? I'm missed picking one up the last time I was in London, the local people here don't have any in stock.

if you want I can buy for you. I am an eBay master, full time eBaying! What you want?

Guys with Vector or DTUK,did u guys install any supporting mods to handle the extra power/torque and extra heat generated by the tuning? Engine cooling mods/gearbox mods?

vTorque;695101 said:
Thanks to Mr. Wong who just chipped his X1 with Vector.

The torque is so awesome, to be honest, i am a little scare when testing with Mr. Wong... :top:

Mind sharing more on the X1's tuning?

Top Bottom