Power kit and 6 potter on the 320d

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
DJH;693432 said:
so which is better DTUK or Vector?

Can't comment much with nothing on hand.

Best to try it out yourself and let the dyno graph do the talking.

May try this gadget early next year. BTW, DTUK have 3 channel kits too for the 320d.

gameover;691552 said:
OK commercial starts here :D Both are tuning boxes. Both make your car go faster.

Vector is Malaysian based, although their tuning box hardware is from Europe as well from what I understand. They started out with diesel pickups but have ventured into diesel passenger cars including BMWs. It's slightly simpler technology, connected to the common rail sensor only but the end result is still a faster car :D It's slightly cheaper. wuk dynoed his car and got some staggering numbers. Do a search.

A bunch of us tried all 3 (DTUK, Vector and the Powerkit) back to back. The Vector was on wuk51's 184hp car and was slightly faster than the DTUK on my 177hp car on the LDP. Both cars felt more responsive than the Powerkit 320d :D The Powerkit has nice smooth power, the tuning box gives you a kick in the ass :D

Personally if you already have a remap via the powerkit, I'd go for the newer technology DTUK. PM me for details.

hey, thks for sharing your experience with DTUK. yes, diesel tuning boxes has been around since late 19th in Europe and growth exponentially in 2000 since the introduction of commonrail diesel engine. for the record, Vector Tuning is 100% Germany http://www.vector-tuning.com/en with facilities to manufacture the hardware itself and R&D center to do not just dyno run but down to the track for drivability testing. in malaysia, why more Vector are used in 4x4 & SUV is due to the market here since 2008. as its now, it is hardly any diesel passenger car with commonrail technology over here but i really thanks BMW for pushing diesel engine as a Green program in Malaysia.

in fact, the very first few Vector sold in Malaysia were meant for 320d and 530d in 2008 and they have been running without trouble. i would say the strong point for Vector in Malaysia will be the mileage & experience covered in Malaysia alone is more than 15million Km. of course a local support dealer as well and ease of warranty claims just in case.

hope to see more oil burners on the road :) cheers.

aiya, derek, we stay in same area. Anytime can kacau u la

Thanks to Mr. Wong who just chipped his X1 with Vector.

The torque is so awesome, to be honest, i am a little scare when testing with Mr. Wong... :top:

vTorque;695101 said:
Thanks to Mr. Wong who just chipped his X1 with Vector.

The torque is so awesome, to be honest, i am a little scare when testing with Mr. Wong... :top:

how much to chip with vector? i was thinking of bigger intercooler and fan.. the whole package lah! actually, i also scared.. cuz our diesel quality is so bad.. and boosting it wont help the engine right?

tehyw;695203 said:
how much to chip with vector? i was thinking of bigger intercooler and fan.. the whole package lah! actually, i also scared.. cuz our diesel quality is so bad.. and boosting it wont help the engine right?

If you want the whole package then you need to go with the BMW Powerkit.

Our diesel quality is not that bad but it could be better. There is no noticeable difference in HP/Nm ratings with Euro 2M vs. Euro 5/ULSD on our BMW diesel engines, only smoothness in my experience.

tehyw;695203 said:

Intercooler and cooling system upgrade is good ! Even better if you have DPF or aftermarket downpipe fitted. Responsive and torque is what we want on a diesel, not just raw horsepower with lousy torque curve.

Carl,
is this the same kit as the 520d's?

is it also necessary to change the brakes too?

tqvm.

I dont think they are allowing it for the 520d, because the gearbox is still uncertain on whether it can take the torque, or so ive been told anyways.

i took the brakes because it was cheap for 6 pot bbks and looks awesome, and fits the 17 inch rims ( some 4 potters barely bits in the them ) and obviously better stopping power is great with a faster car..hehe

EdWong;695484 said:
Carl,
is this the same kit as the 520d's?

is it also necessary to change the brakes too?

tqvm.

I've just collected my power-kitted 320d today and one word, AWESOME!!! And this, I have yet to try it in DS mode due to rush hour traffic.

At low rpms, the obvious lag is now gone (where the rpm needle rush is not complemented by a corresponding shove in torque), there REALLY is a NOTICEABLE difference now, whilst the mid range torque feel is SIGNIFICANTLY better. The torque delivery is refined, immediate yet progressive along the rpm range. Will review in DS mode soon.

I seriously think that this $7k investment is a steal considering the parts replaced. I have a whole box of the parts and just the ECU unit (the entire module casing, and not just the motherboard only) alone is worth more than the package price.

I guess if one intends to keep the car for a few more years, this is a MUST buy! You wont regret it!

Bro, is it RM7k inclusive of installation?

kuntakinte;695855 said:
I've just collected my power-kitted 320d today and one word, AWESOME!!! And this, I have yet to try it in DS mode due to rush hour traffic.

At low rpms, the obvious lag is now gone (where the rpm needle rush is not complemented by a corresponding shove in torque), there REALLY is a NOTICEABLE difference now, whilst the mid range torque feel is SIGNIFICANTLY better. The torque delivery is refined, immediate yet progressive along the rpm range. Will review in DS mode soon.

I seriously think that this $7k investment is a steal considering the parts replaced. I have a whole box of the parts and just the ECU unit (the entire module casing, and not just the motherboard only) alone is worth more than the package price.

I guess if one intends to keep the car for a few more years, this is a MUST buy! You wont regret it!

Yes, inclusive but 7k was the offer price then. Now it's ard $7.4k.

Also, after the reprogramming n system updates that comes with the kit, the steering feel is lighter n not as heavy as before. Not sure if others also noticed, the diesel chatter seems to be slightly muted at low rpms compared to b4 too.

The funny thing is...the power n torque I experience with my stock 177hp 350Nm 320d is all I need-SUPERB already!!

kuntakinte;695873 said:
Yes, inclusive but 7k was the offer price then. Now it's ard $7.4k.

Also, after the reprogramming n system updates that comes with the kit, the steering feel is lighter n not as heavy as before. Not sure if others also noticed, the diesel chatter seems to be slightly muted at low rpms compared to b4 too.

where u did yours and hows the waiting time?:listen:

Done at quill pj, booked during the powerkit preview courtesy of Docrayboy's initiative.

Parts took 1 month to arrive, package was 13.8 kg in total, installation n software upgrades no longer than 2 days.

They returned all the dismantled parts. So, the powerkitters hv extra intercooler, fan.

According to SA, only 5 ppl took up the powerkit offer which he says is a waste cos it really brings the 320d to a new level.

Second day driving n difference from stock car is certainly obvious. D mode now feels like 80% of DS mode.

Top Bottom