New Audi A4

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
One more manual Euro car coming; The Renualt Clio RS or better known as the RenaultSport Clio 197 in Europe. That's one pure hot hatch and if you compare like for like performance with a Mini Cooper S JCW, it's quite bit cheaper. And compared with a Civic Type R, it's much easier to live with.

A little off topic, but just read today's CBT that NAZA is bringing in the Peug 308 GT with manual trans. It has the same 1.6 turbo engine from the 'new' Mini CS but price at 160k vs the MCS's pricetag of > 200k....

I had a look at the 308 GT and though it has a very good engine from the Mini Cooper S, it is a very much larger and heavier car. It's a warm hatch at most and I think if someone is looking for hot hatch performance from the 308 GT will be quite disappointed.

from what i've seen in the picts,the 308 is pretty huge for a hatchback..the proportions are a bit 'out' to my eyes,being more aesthetic than functional.rather ghastly.. still remember the 306GTi6,now that is a handsome hatch.

but for those who like the way the 308 looks,the engine is indeed turbocharged,so tuning it for more power should not be a problem me thinks.

personally tho,for rm160k,i'd go for a 2nd hand Golf GTi anyday.

I just came back from europe for a month. You should see the A5 coupe. It is so beautiful, the back looks like an aston martin... most of the people prefer it over the 3 series coupe.

supergripen;358701 said:
from what i've seen in the picts,the 308 is pretty huge for a hatchback..the proportions are a bit 'out' to my eyes,being more aesthetic than functional.rather ghastly.. still remember the 306GTi6,now that is a handsome hatch.

but for those who like the way the 308 looks,the engine is indeed turbocharged,so tuning it for more power should not be a problem me thinks.

personally tho,for rm160k,i'd go for a 2nd hand Golf GTi anyday.

Golf GTI is not worth buying in Malaysia. It is a cheap car in Eu an Uk.

couleur;358879 said:

well,if u put it that way,no car in Malaysia is worth the price,innit?:rolleyes:

hell,even Protons are overpriced here..u can get cheaper Protons in OZ or the UK,and with better specs to boot.

i think relative to other cars,the Golf GTi gives a pretty good account for itself,with awesome performance and refinement.think about it,the Evo X costs rm320k here..so we're talking relative here,don't compare to the prices u get overseas.

..and yeah,the A5 is an awesome looking car,more so than the e92.in fact,the S5 was just released,with a turbocharged 4.2 V8 and a twin-clutch gearbox!! just blew the e92 M3 into the weeds.............ouch!!

couleur;358878 said:
I just came back from europe for a month. You should see the A5 coupe. It is so beautiful, the back looks like an aston martin... most of the people prefer it over the 3 series coupe.

Yes, yes. The A5 is a beaut! I hope to see it in the flesh real soon. Has anyone seen one on Malaysian roads?

couleur;358879 said:

Yes, the GTI is cheap car in EU or UK but NOW in Malaysia so the car is High Class car.......wat car u driving? Lambo or Ferrrari??????? Aiyoooooo......

Don't think there are any A5's on the road yet. The A5 with the 3.2 engines were supposed to be in by now but I think they decided to wait for the new 2.0l turbo and supercharged 3.0l engine which was launched with the new S4 recently. Plus the S-Tronic gearbox was not ready this year either. I think that was a good call as the Audi 3.2l V6 is no match for the BMW 3.0l turbo at around the same price point.

Top Bottom