New Audi A4

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
E46Fanatic;338378 said:
You C200k should have had noticably more grunt than the 1.8T. Was this significant in your test drive?

The B8 feels like it's been installed with sprint booster. The trottle felt very light and it's very different from stock merc or bmw. You will feel a sudden surge with a light tap on the trottle.

Both B8 and W204 shares the same max torque of 240Nm, but the W204 top end grunt will beat B8 hands down due to the deficit of 24 horses.:vroam:

I always admire Audi's built quality, and sad to say that the other 2 german marques are no way close to Audi till now.

For those who are considering this model vs. E90 or W204, my advise is to go for a test drive, side by side on a single day if possible and let your heart decides for you ( and cut the brand loyalty shit out), as ultimately you are the one who's gonna live with it and enjoy it!:driver:

IsaacVky;338412 said:
I thought this latest A4 is running on all 4 wheels QUATTRO?

Bro, this is the entry level A4 1.8 TFSI and FWD. There are plans later on to bring in the quattro 2.0 TFSI according to the SA.

mikeyew;338407 said:
For those who are considering this model vs. E90 or W204, my advise is to go for a test drive, side by side on a single day if possible and let your heart decides for you ( and cut the brand loyalty shit out), as ultimately you are the one who's gonna live with it and enjoy it!:driver:

That I have to agree having tested all the competition (except B8) and found them to have different characteristics. I tend to pay more attention on the car's composure on sweeping roads though cos that's what makes it fun for me. For this I rank the E90 and IS250 most highly in this range. Guess it's time to take the B8 out for a spin. :top:

mikeyew;338430 said:
Bro, this is the entry level A4 1.8 TFSI and FWD. There are plans later on to bring in the quattro 2.0 TFSI according to the SA.

Anyways How much is the A4 1.8 TFSI going for ?

soorian;338441 said:
Anyways How much is the A4 1.8 TFSI going for ?

It's going for Rm235K fully imported and that puts it in direct competition with E90 320i but if you compare feature for feature, the B8 is way ahead.:top:

Last heard the waiting time was 5 months. And if you're in a market for one, go for white colour, it's damn chun!

mikeyew;338407 said:

I must agree with you that "cut the brand loyalty shit out" and test drive it to decide. Not everything is BMW the best. Test drive it with a neutral mindset and then you can do a much better comparison.

David Yong;338540 said:
I must agree with you that "cut the brand loyalty shit out" and test drive it to decide. Not everything is BMW the best. Test drive it with a neutral mindset and then you can do a much better comparison.

ya man..i agreed at all.........even though we are like BMW but not means that everything BMW is the best.........but personally........my driving behavior will no need so ultimate handling....cos normally im just normally slow driving speed................but then i definitely like the new A4 design...................the look for me is much more better than other................just my small little comment eheheh...........

off topic,

yes... quite agree here.. my just acquired Saga is quite fun to drive.. cheap, agile, bang for the ringgit..

despite it being 17 years old ...

Test drove the new A4 1.8 TFSI yesterday at the Glenmarie Audi 'Hangar'...

Initial impression was that the steering was very light at parking pace but felt loaded up during my drive... Does it have variable power steering??

The drive itself: It can withstand my hard cornering and later braking U-turn without much understeer.. which is pretty OK for a FWD luxury saloon.

The suspension can be set for Comfort, Dynamic or Auto.. It can get a bit bumpy at Dynamic...

Engine has enuf grunt for occasional spirited drive, very little noticeable lag. This is also attributed to the CVT gearbbox holding onto the optimum torque while the speed builds up. different from a conventional autobox.

I can't compare to a E90 as I can't recall much of the experience behind the wheels of an E90 to compare with the A4. So go for a drive and see if it's a worthy contender for the E90...

BTW, the engine in the B8 A4 is still place in front of the front axle.... Will post up some photos later. But it looks like it's placed a little further back compared to the B7 A4 (the prev gen A4)

the headlamp
DSC_4963_edited-1.jpg

the front
DSC_4989_edited-1.jpg

the rear
DSC_4991_edited-1.jpg

sexy in white??? Or taxi in white?? ;)
DSC_4955_edited-1.jpg

engine still in front of the front axle.. see photo below for comparison
DSC_4968_edited-1.jpg

this is the B7 (prev gen) A4...
DSC_4985_edited-1.jpg

DSC_5003_edited-1.jpg

man.. that car looks sexy with the headlamps..

the rears look very similar with the e92's....

if u ask me...its a bimmer wannabe. :) 'angel' eyes, rear lamps..all bmw inspired.
and it still looks too squarish for my liking.

...the new A4 headlamps. if u look at it longer & think carefully, it does not have long term appeal. Meaning, over due course of time the "look" wil falter. i think the bmw e90 headlamps have better ability to stand the test of time in the looks department.

yes, this is the perfect car for "Young" daddy where he picks up wifey from shopping ctr and kids from nursery... ;P

Juan Powerblow;340392 said:
No offense but I agree with someone who said earlier it looks like a facelift rather than a new model.

actually i went to test drive the car in Glenmarie 2 days ago...coz hand itchy liow...wanna get a car for myself this Christmas....so i opt for the 'New' A4 lor...

As what bro juan said, more like a facelift than new model are actually 50-50 la i can said....coz from B7 (the previous model) to B8 (this current model) the things have been change of coz the out look from the front lamp to the back lamp...and event the engine also is different.

Now they are using the New engine, which is 1.8l Turbo, whereby the previous engine are 2.0l. Now only their are using timing-chain, previous model all using timing belt.

The are using the new gearbox, which is 7-speed CVT gearbox....they claim is PROBLEM-FREE now....coz a lot of customer complaint their gearbox on previous model (B6 and B7).

For the power wise....i think its not as powerful as the previous model coz its only 1.8l but the nippy drive from the DYNAMIC driving (which is a button for you to sellect) make the car more caring-type. :) Very stiff suspension and steering wheel....but 1 thing i not so like about it are....the engine sound...not as good as Bimmer...quite nosiy tho...even from the cabin can hear the engine screaming when u almost touch redline. :(

So the rest are actually using back the same as B7 model. From interior to computer system.

So i can said...its a more than a facelift....but not completely brand new model of A4.

And the conclusion is....still waiting for their 2.0l Turbo. I heard they are bringing in soon. But dont know the price is GOOD or not ler....hehehe...

Cheers...

all non-Quattro TFSi engined A4s normally comes with the Multitronic..said to give a good compromise between performance,smoothness and economy.i say,its a total load of crap.

it defies logic that they'd give their turbo'd cars CVTs.. i mean,its okay to have CVTs on their non-turbo FSi cars but on turbo cars?? a damn CVT? cummon...

as to why they don't offer the S-tronic(DSG type box)on their turbos is beyond me..so far the only cars in our market that comes with the twin-clutch is the A3 Sportback and the new TT 2.0TFSi..

imagine a new A4 2.0TFSi with S-tronic and A-line trim..i'd choose this in a heartbeat!! this will give the Merc C230 and the e90 325i a pretty darn good run for their money..and then some!! again,as an enthusiast driver,its a no brainer...

I agree with SuperGripen. CVT will be great for family wagon, but not sport Sedan.
Is the same sad feeling knowing AB only bring in Automatic & SMG E46/E90.

Speaking of handling, a FWD A4 better than a RWD ? LOL
Quattro in Malaysia? No thank you. I will like to keep my powerslide.

I wholeheartedly agree that an Audi sports sedan should have the excellent S-Tronic gearbox. Having said that, Audi's CVT is no slouch either. The CVT from Audi unlike other CVTs on the market is chain driven and not belt driven. That's why you get very little rubber banding on the A4. I drove an A4 B6 previously and found the CVT in sports mode to be quite good and the simulated shifts were fast.

If you check out in detail of what the B8 is, it really is a completely new model. The B7 was a facelift from the B6. But the B8 is a new chassis and the interior is completely new. As far as I can tell there has been absolutely no carry over in the interior. Having said that, quality wise, although the B8 is winner, it does not beat the B7 and I don't think any car coming out from now on will beat that. Just two things come to mind, the buttons on the B6 and B7 have that really expensive touch to them, and the interior door handles seemed like they were solid aluminum.

Handling wise, yes, the E90 surely shades the A4 1.8 since the A4 is FWD, it's tough to get around that. But if you take the car as a whole, the A4 1.8 is a great buy. Most buyers in the range of the A4 1.8 and 320 just aren't the driving enthusiasts like most forumers are here. Anyway, a true sports sedan from Audi really starts with the 2.0T engine with S-Tronic and Quattro. Once that is on sale next year, then we'll have something to talk about vs the 325.

Top Bottom