My ride - Riz

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
initialM;664579 said:
My ex cuntchill for your reference. its glued to the road on tarmac and corners. E36 is still one of the best handling car around to date.

27042008278.jpg

04082007039.jpg

bro IM, why haven't you update on your new cuntchill la... miss the sight of "my UDM" being bumped up in the thread everyday.

Riz,

Yup it was bilstein B8 & eibach.

Iylia,

My cuntchill is not relevent anymore. Just look or post pics of them once a while when missing them and how hard for me to have them.

Riz, sorry for the rush meetup. Hope to meet properly in the future..

Cheers

aidilj;674660 said:
Riz, sorry for the rush meetup. Hope to meet properly in the future..

Cheers

Hey guys,
Latest update on my E36..after sometimes running my beloved E36 on the road with 90% missing OBC pixels(8 buttons)..I've made a decision to request help from Aidil fixing up my OBC. I'm so keen and eager to get this OBC repaired and to see what is the first words I'm gonna read on the LCD. I did not manage to snap lots of picture of the OBC but below is the only picture available in my laptop for sharing so far. Will snap more pictures.heh..heh..
IMG00069-20110101-1014.jpg

Our first step (me & Aidil) was to order pixel failure repair kit from "pixelfix.net". The package arrived and Aidil was start working on it.Aidil may eloborate further on all those technical steps I believe...heh..he. Several attempt and the result various from 80% pixel readable drop to 65% of readable LCD with the clock functioning good oppose to the above picture. Again I did not snap any picture of the OBC when Aidil handover back to me.

Enjoying the 65% readable LCD on the car and the 1st error message I can guess "WASHER FLUID LOW"..so happy with it even it is not perfect.:top:
But today, after 2 days..something miracle happen, just when I arrived home at 8pm, park my car, properly shutdown the engine, still playing with OBC and suddenly.......MIRACLE!!!!
The OBC pixels 100% light up...so happy..see below pictures..will snap more picture tomorrow..sorry that the pictures is dark..using camera phone..
I probably could conclude that it takes time for proper contact between the ribbon cable and the LCD..hopes that it maintain...:adore:

Aidil my man, thank you very much here some pictures I would like to share at this short of time..:rock:
27092011169_2.jpg

27092011168.jpg

Bro, thanks for the good news and pictures. I just hope that the pixels now won't disappear. Thanks to haywire for the contact cleaning tip. And you for being very patient since it took me forever to work on this - I got the OBC during TT before Ramadan. Will share how to power the OBC on workbench later.

My feedback on the pixel repair kit - fast-shipping, quite expensive, kit include everything you need for the repair and come with printed instruction.

Glad to be able to help.

:cool:Some update, as at today, all the pixels is working perfect...

It has been more then a week. Manage to snap latest picture of the OBC after being repaired. Mission accomplished..!! Heh..he save me few bucks from replacing this..
100_2246.jpg

good job bro.....really save some bucks....think oso want diy this weeknd....

yat325;678641 said:
good job bro.....really save some bucks....think oso want diy this weeknd....
Hi yat325,
Thank you..our friend Aidil help me a lot..

aidilj;678668 said:
Bro Riz, did you also fix the bulb?
Yes my man..I've changed it

hmmm nape la aku tk duduk kt pining tu hehehehe ble wat sama2 kn.hhehehe anyway bro ur car now really nice n clean car....simple but nice....

yat325;681325 said:
hmmm nape la aku tk duduk kt pining tu hehehehe ble wat sama2 kn.hhehehe anyway bro ur car now really nice n clean car....simple but nice....
yat..
yours is beautiful too..love your yellow light..

Latest update..I can't stand with the annoying light:banghead:..it has been for a month I've being teased..
In the earlier stage the Automatic transmission*, yellow light will greet me every morning when I turn on the switch...it will light even without waking up the engine ..solution..turn off the switch..wait for few seconds..turn the switch on again..and there the yellow light gone(pheww
) ..now start the engine:102:
100_2316.jpg

For the past few days..it will light up even when I stopped at trafic light..I have no choise..sometimes I may switch off the engine and restart while waiting the light at my lane to to turn green, while sometimes when I don't have the luxury to switch off and start back the engine, I will continue to run my turn at the trafic light with 3rd or 4th gear (if I'm not mistaken). The GB seems to change the gear to 3rd or 4th gear automatically as a result of the warning light..
Taking half day today and send my car straight for check up after giving my mechanic and early call..
He will be doing the checking and he suspected it may cause by "speed sensor"..let's see how the diagnosis go..
Leaving my baby for few days and let the guy do the check-up..gonna miss my car badly, hopefully it can be ready by Saturday..:deal:
100_2320-1.jpg

bro riz..hopfully ur mech r right..but that sign n the simtom its mean the gearbox is going......ooppsss mintak dijauhkan.....mine oso penah kene but after i do the flushing for 8hours non stop engine running n change bout 20liters gear oil...everythings become normal again...but since i drive this mechine i mmg taram kaw2 until now after 9 years br this sign comeout..my milage oso prety high 250 000 oridi..

JFT63;681776 said:
Maybe the gear oil needs changing or topping up...
Hi bro JFT63,
Do you think the problem is not that bad?
What is your suggestion? Do you think it is better for me to change the oils or topping up first before looking into the speed sensors??

Regards

Riz, u can disengage the battery for a while for a simple reset, reconnect it and start the engine..if it still lights up, then i suggest that u get it diagnosed with GT1 to see if the speed sensor fails....2 other possibilitiess here...1. low level of trans oil 2. trans oil needs changing..from my experience lah...hope it helps

JFT63;681939 said:
Riz, u can disengage the battery for a while for a simple reset, reconnect it and start the engine..if it still lights up, then i suggest that u get it diagnosed with GT1 to see if the speed sensor fails....2 other possibilitiess here...1. low level of trans oil 2. trans oil needs changing..from my experience lah...hope it helps

Thanks bro..

Top Bottom