My Ride - My Soul Therapy

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
Hello coffee, it was nice meeting you at ah meng mspeed today. Such an immaculate ride you have there. You've made the right decision and congrats! I'm sure you will enjoy it very much......

YK9;738217 said:
Hello coffee, it was nice meeting you at ah meng mspeed today. Such an immaculate ride you have there. You've made the right decision and congrats! I'm sure you will enjoy it very much......

Hi YK9,

Thnaks for the kind words. It was nice meeting you and having that chat. A lovely 325i you have there too, especially love the colour!
Ah meng did a good job. After changing from the eibachs to the originals, the car rode really well. I found myself going faster over a wider variety of roads just because the bumps are less being felt now.

We shall meet up again someday, perhaps for a mini TT.

YK9;740486 said:
Hi coffee, how's the ride so far? Must be loving it!

Hi YK9,

Its been lovely so far. Since I got the car I have been turning it back to its stock form, and also strengthening the fundamentals & preventive maintenance.

Done so far:
1. Reverted to Original Coils - This improved the ride tremendously over undulating roads. The Eibachs that came with the car were also good but i prefer the everyday 'conquer all roads' set-up.

2. Removed Spacers - car came with high quality 15mm Breighton spacers. Made the car look good but moved my rear off set out of the original. So took them off. Handling improved yet another leap.

3. Very thorough alignment - went to MPS Sunway and had them do an all around alignment for me. Took them close to 40 min to complete it. Had to set and re-set the alignment as the rear alignment was a quite out of the spec. Cost more than the usual alignment but worth every single cent spent.

With the above done I took the car to my favorite Ulu Yam - Genting road to test it out. It flows so much smoother now. The stock coils enabled the car to 'breathe' over undulating roads and curves. Especially love the return of the steering feel, which was abit too stiff & artificial in the previous set-up. Now i can just select an apex and the car will "slice" around it with pin point accuracy and fluency. Its like a surgeon's knife. Love it.

As for preventive maintenance the below have been done:
1. fuel pump - changed to be on safe side. VDO brand.
2. alternator - ditto above. Valeo brand made in France.
3. Next - crank sensor to be done next week.

The above 3 are just so that I wont be left stranded on the road. All done at MSpeed USJ.

Overall i am very happy with the car. More happy with it now than when i first got it. I still believe stock set up is best.
Only other outstanding thing are my bmw style 68 rims, which are staggered and require 245/40/17 at the rears. I have 225/45/17 at the front & rear now (as per what bro wingzee is facing too, so I read). So its causing a little bit more stiffness then I would like.

We should meet up for some TT...:wink: need to learn more from a you about the car.

I like this thread title. Congrat on new puchase of well maintained ride. U change the fuel pump at your cost?

initialM;740570 said:
I like this thread title. Congrat on new puchase of well maintained ride. U change the fuel pump at your cost?

Haha thanks bro initialM. You are a legend. Yes, i changed the fuel pump at my cost. There was nothing wrong with the old one, but for peace of mind these are the things I feel are worth investing in. Ditto for alternator and crank sensor. Nothing wrong with the old one but change for peace of mind.

It's one of the most well maintained 325i I've seen in the market so far, bro. It was on my list when I was hunting for one but couldn't proceed due to issues with loan.

The fact that it was endorsed by BMW Malaysia as a model in their F30 showcase is a proof of the condition of the car.

Joining the TT this Friday? :)

wingzee;740635 said:
It's one of the most well maintained 325i I've seen in the market so far, bro. It was on my list when I was hunting for one but couldn't proceed due to issues with loan.

The fact that it was endorsed by BMW Malaysia as a model in their F30 showcase is a proof of the condition of the car.

Joining the TT this Friday? :)

Thanks Wingzee. I plan to join the TT because I want to submit my Club Member Application form. But i may have a conflicting schedule so i will have to play by ear. I look forward to met you and everyone else in person.

Your new ride coffee; very tidy, very straight, very nice :top:

Done 190K kms but looks like new.

Before my current M3, I used to have a silver 325i same as yours but with the SMG box. Nice silky smooth power and a pleasure to drive.

Enjoy your ride bro.

paul_m3;740679 said:
Your new ride coffee; very tidy, very straight, very nice :top:

Done 190K kms but looks like new.

Before my current M3, I used to have a silver 325i same as yours but with the SMG box. Nice silky smooth power and a pleasure to drive.

Enjoy your ride bro.

Thanks bro paul_m3. Indeed what you said is so true. The 2.5L is silky smooth, and the power is addictive. Best thing is the transmission is a willing partner and shifts just as smoothly. Really loving it.

If you will be attending the TT do let me know.

coffee;740650 said:
Thanks Wingzee. I plan to join the TT because I want to submit my Club Member Application form. But i may have a conflicting schedule so i will have to play by ear. I look forward to met you and everyone else in person.

coffee;740565 said:
Hi YK9,

Its been lovely so far. Since I got the car I have been turning it back to its stock form, and also strengthening the fundamentals & preventive maintenance.

Done so far:
1. Reverted to Original Coils - This improved the ride tremendously over undulating roads. The Eibachs that came with the car were also good but i prefer the everyday 'conquer all roads' set-up.

2. Removed Spacers - car came with high quality 15mm Breighton spacers. Made the car look good but moved my rear off set out of the original. So took them off. Handling improved yet another leap.

3. Very thorough alignment - went to MPS Sunway and had them do an all around alignment for me. Took them close to 40 min to complete it. Had to set and re-set the alignment as the rear alignment was a quite out of the spec. Cost more than the usual alignment but worth every single cent spent.

With the above done I took the car to my favorite Ulu Yam - Genting road to test it out. It flows so much smoother now. The stock coils enabled the car to 'breathe' over undulating roads and curves. Especially love the return of the steering feel, which was abit too stiff & artificial in the previous set-up. Now i can just select an apex and the car will "slice" around it with pin point accuracy and fluency. Its like a surgeon's knife. Love it.

As for preventive maintenance the below have been done:
1. fuel pump - changed to be on safe side. VDO brand.
2. alternator - ditto above. Valeo brand made in France.
3. Next - crank sensor to be done next week.

The above 3 are just so that I wont be left stranded on the road. All done at MSpeed USJ.

Overall i am very happy with the car. More happy with it now than when i first got it. I still believe stock set up is best.
Only other outstanding thing are my bmw style 68 rims, which are staggered and require 245/40/17 at the rears. I have 225/45/17 at the front & rear now (as per what bro wingzee is facing too, so I read). So its causing a little bit more stiffness then I would like.

We should meet up for some TT...:wink: need to learn more from a you about the car.

Good decision with the preventive actions! I did the same when I first got my ride previously. Better be safe and you wouldn't want to be stranded in no-man's land...Seems like your ride is gradually back to stock condition. Enjoy it bro!

YK9;741527 said:
Good decision with the preventive actions! I did the same when I first got my ride previously. Better be safe and you wouldn't want to be stranded in no-man's land...Seems like your ride is gradually back to stock condition. Enjoy it bro!

Well, credit where its due, previous owner really took great pains to maintain the car in immaculate condition. I have a stack of receipts from him neatly filed for reference. So I am partly enjoying the fruits of his labour. Just thought i should give credit where due. :)

The car had been wonderful so far. Almost one month now. Touch wood it will remain like this.

Some new pics taken recently:

New metal embossed number plates + sticker. Absolutely love the Euro number plate sticker.
View attachment 24725
View attachment 24729

One more shot of the plate and sticker at the back:
View attachment 24726

Engine Bay: abosolutely love how the engine block protrudes its length. Looks so industrial and 'no nonesense', just like a powerful turbine.
View attachment 24727

Giving it a nice wash at Shine Shine:
View attachment 24728

bro Paul_M3, if i may steal your words: "...rides looks very tidy, very straight...". You articulated so well how I like my rides.

I am a 'purist' and like my rides pure, hence my endevour to return it to stock form.

Coffee,

May i know where u did the number plates & the cost...looks very nice & neat.
Anyway, u hv an immaculate piece of machine!!!!

Top Bottom