My E36 Experience

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
pussy;314033 said:
Anxious...dun use the drop in KNN filter.. the oil in the filter will screw up your airmass big time...

So scary meh?! :eek:

Like this very nice mah.. :love: (this is not K&N la... but it will look similar.. :p)
eurp_0703_04z+bmw_e36_m3+engine.jpg

Just need to get a bottle of this handy.. :p
05110.jpg

AB.. foam filters are bad... they break down to smaller pieces and get sucked down into the engine.. then it's much much more scarier..

btw, nice shot of a US S50B32 engine with a SC... that power is 372 bhp...

AB.. foam filters are bad... they break down to smaller pieces and get sucked down into the engine.. then it's much much more scarier..

btw, nice shot of a US S50B32 engine with a SC... that power is 372 bhp...

Hi. Just serviced my car today. The car just hit 100800km. I have done more than 20000km since getting the car in April last year.

Service cost :

Mobil 1 (Carrefour) RM139.90x2 RM279.80
Anti Freeze (AB) 1.5l RM51.44
Total RM331.24

Oil Filter RM30
Spark Plug RM90
ATF 4l RM76
Automatic Filter RM58
Auto Gasket(B) RM45
Auto Gasket(S) RM40
Aluminium Washer RM2
PowerSteeringCapO ring RM8
Labour RM158
Stax RM7.90

Total RM514.90

Grand Total RM846.14

I am getting my 16 ich rims tommorow with new Michelin PP2 tyres. I'll get some pics once its done.

I am also thinking of getting new mats, like the 3M type.

Cheers.

Anxious,

I enjoyed reading your E36 experienced. I know there are expensive to maintain but at the end of the day it's really worth it because it's a BMW.BMW cars never go out of style.

Hope you enjoy your car and can't wait to see your car pics with 16' wheels.

Any plans for a rear spoiler? It would be a nice addition to the car.

Regards,
Z///

Thanks Z,

My next "upgrade" would probably be Eibach springs and Bilstein Sport absorbers.

Changing the rims and tyres itself is going to set me back a bit less than RM3k, so I'll have to wait a while before the next "mod".

Got my rims and tyre changed today.

Rims 16in( taken off a 2004 325i) RM1000
Transport( from KL) RM80
Respray rim( Hyper Silver) RM360
Total Rim Cost RM1440

( Note: I believe that you can get 16 in rims in pretty good condition from tyre shops(probably at half of my cost)as many owners have traded them in and 16in rims arent really popular. Anorther fact that I've learnt the hard way.)

Michelin PP2 RM1776
less Tyre& Rim (trade in) RM360
Total RM1416

Grand Total RM2856 (My wife says that this is my Itchy Backside Expense)

So far I am quite happy with my tyres. Slightly better than my MXV8.Performance wise not much difference from my ori 15in rim. If you want better performance/handling etc go for 17in rim. I chose 16 in as I didnt like the "basketweave" 15in rim. Very difficult to clean.I'll put up pics as soon as I get a chance.

I also got my reverse sensor fixed at Newton Pg today. It costed me RM150 including installation. Took about half an hour to fix. They needed to drill 2 holes on my bumper to fix the sensor. Very neat work.They also had 3M like floor mats which costs RM200 for a whole set.

I was quoted RM1900 for VKool tinting and RM1800 for 3M tinting for my E36.

The owner also informed me that changing my stereo system (head unit+speakers) would set me back anor RM2000. He recommed MB Quart speakers from Germany.(Costs about RM800).

Well I think I'll wait a while before deciding on the nest item.....suspension vs tinting vs sound system?

I have only had my car for 1 year and I am already thinking about a E46 330Ci. So its quite difficult to keep spending money when my mind is on something else. However, I've told myself that I must have discipline and hang on to my ride for another 3 years at least.

anxious, if you are in KL..let me bring you to a place to install your tint for less then RM800 and it perform almost as well as V-Kool or 3M .. It is superb as it also comes with 5 years warrenty plus if you got ticket from Police or JPJ the installer will pay on your behalf

geoffreylee;345028 said:
anxious, if you are in KL..let me bring you to a place to install your tint for less then RM800 and it perform almost as well as V-Kool or 3M .. It is superb as it also comes with 5 years warrenty plus if you got ticket from Police or JPJ the installer will pay on your behalf

Pls share with us this place?

geoffreylee;345028 said:

Thanks Bro, will do.

Anyway,here is an update on my tyres:-

"I just got back from a trip to BW (from Pg). I now understand what you
guys meant by the tyres being a bit "bumpy". I found the tyres a bit
bumpy at lower speeds esp goin over uneven surfaces. As for highway
driving and cornering, it was good.

As 70-80% of driving is in Pg(b/w Tg Bungah-Georgetown), I think the MXV8 would have suited me better. Well I hope the bumpiness reduces over time."

anxious;345077 said:
Thanks Bro, will do.

Anyway,here is an update on my tyres:-

"I just got back from a trip to BW (from Pg). I now understand what you
guys meant by the tyres being a bit "bumpy". I found the tyres a bit
bumpy at lower speeds esp goin over uneven surfaces. As for highway
driving and cornering, it was good.

As 70-80% of driving is in Pg(b/w Tg Bungah-Georgetown), I think the MXV8 would have suited me better. Well I hope the bumpiness reduces over time."

for the 'bumpy' part, it could also be that the tires were not mounted properly. It happened to me before when i sent my car for alignment/balancing. Pls bring the car back and ask them to recheck

Ok guys finally got to take pics of my new rims/tyres after washing the car today.

After

2727531121_6f95bf7d7a_b.jpg

Before
2062546936_f2efd99ab9_b.jpg

Bro, congrats on your ketabahan so far. Only hope you continue to enjoy your e36. I share a similar story with the overheated engine - I decided to swap it in for a recond one. Anyways, thanks for the nice read :)

if u are in KL,

i can get 3M for u. about RM1,500. sides are all security 3M 4 mil front and rear are 3M Crystalline 70.

your journey with your car is so well documentted and nice to read
!

Top Bottom