My E36 Experience

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
bro anxious ,

i had been following your thread with much interest . it's good to see that you
had sorted out the intial gremlins on the engine & can move on to so called
other priorities .

what's next ? sports suspension ? he he he ..

cheers !

Thanks for all the kind encouragement.

I have a few more "upgrades" in mind ie:-

i) replace existing stereo & speakers, was quoted RM 1800-2000 ( Pioneer/ MB Quarts);

ii)V Kool (RM1900);

iii) suspension upgrade , Eibach springs/ Bilstein Yellow B6 (RM3k++) vs M Tech Suspension upgrade.....shocks/spring/ARB (RM5k??).

But for now, me just enjoying the ride.

Cheers

clockwork;347313 said:
wow...nice 16" OEM rim bro....where did u get it from?

It is from a fellow forumer who upgraded his 2004 325i E46 to 18inches.

I believe that the rims were on the later batches of E46 sold here but isnt very common.

Clockwork, have you found your E36 yet?

Oh yes, i think ur car was on the E36 blog by Tony Sticks sometime ago....well done bro!!

anxious;347340 said:
It is from a fellow forumer who upgraded his 2004 325i E46 to 18inches.

I believe that the rims were on the later batches of E46 sold here but isnt very common.

Clockwork, have you found your E36 yet?

already found bro,'98 328iA which is in IMMACULATE condition.No regrets in buying, absolutely king!

anxious;347309 said:
Thanks for all the kind encouragement.

I have a few more "upgrades" in mind ie:-

i) replace existing stereo & speakers, was quoted RM 1800-2000 ( Pioneer/ MB Quarts);

ii)V Kool (RM1900);

iii) suspension upgrade , Eibach springs/ Bilstein Yellow B6 (RM3k++) vs M Tech Suspension upgrade.....shocks/spring/ARB (RM5k??).

But for now, me just enjoying the ride.

Cheers

Good for you ! Personally , I would put the priorities the other way round - but then again , everyone have their own preferences .
All the best on your upgrades & looking forward to read up your future
updates .

Cheers !

Got it for RM1000. Spent anor RM360 respraying it in Sungei Petani.

Clockwork, any pics of your new ride, you may want to replace that ugly blue car at the end of ur posting. I find it also is too big and kind of offensive.....no offense to u.

Cheers.

bro...do you think is nicer if lower down the ride with this set of rim???

2727531121_6f95bf7d7a_b.jpg

Bbs rc 303

My Favorite BBS for E36. Quite rare to find...still looking around... Like Donald's Great White :top:

bbsrcsilverku3.jpg

clockwork;349680 said:

Yes I am sure it'll look better but of late I find myself thinking of a E46 Ci a lot so it is quite hard for me to me to think of mods on my E36. I hope its just a phase.

clockwork;349680 said:

is this your new found ride? post some more pics to show us ur pride la....

bro, read thru your thread. Amazing journey indeed for a thru lover of BMW. I had the same bad experience with my mechanic. Luckily im in KL & it's easier to switch mechanic. Thank god we got a lot of sifu here to recommend good workshop at reasonable price. I'm currently driving e36 318i 97 model.

Bro.. i personally feel that e36 is much better looking than e46. i think e36 looks more musculine than e46. It's classic! Also, according to my friends E46 is much more expensive to maintain and has got plenty of electrical components. Problem solving is much complex with E46. Anyway, it's just a matter of preference.

I have seen the photos you posted. black really look awesome & sporty. mind is dark blue. the original color. Wanted to respray white but at the moment no budget for it. heheh... i can live with dark blue but not gold....

Just my 2 cents opinion. Save some money from stereos (unless you are a music lover). Spend on cosmetic first. You may want to upgrade the signal lamp & tail lamp to white colour. It will really looks nice. Lowered the car with new absorber & spring. M3 body kit will look great. Im thinking of getting a used bodykit. Couldnt afford anymore upgrade. I'm reserving some money maintenance. Just in case... hhahhaa... you will never know.

Bro, you mentioned earlier that you have rough sound from the engine during stationary. I have the same problem. It's a loud soound (like diesel engine)when i switch my gear from D to N. After that the sound go off. Also when running at low rpm (1000), ocassionaly the rough sound will come back. When accelerate, it will go off. Anyway, I can live with it. If you have a solution do let me know.

Dear Blackbean,

Thks for the encouraging comments. It was quite a journey but I am thankful that I am now enjoying my ride. Basically if you buy an E36 for say RM40k, you should put aside about RM10k....which I did but unfortunately in my case I ended up spending RM20k within a few months.

The thought of an E46 is just the natural itch we all get but I have promised myself that I'll keep my car for anor 3 years. Lets see if I have the discipline.

blackbean;351189 said:
Bro, you mentioned earlier that you have rough sound from the engine during stationary. I have the same problem. It's a loud soound (like diesel engine)when i switch my gear from D to N. After that the sound go off. Also when running at low rpm (1000), ocassionaly the rough sound will come back. When accelerate, it will go off. Anyway, I can live with it. If you have a solution do let me know.

Well, most of the sounds etc has also cleared up now.The problem I had was a bit more of erratic RPM when I started my car sometimes.

My car is very quiet and truly enjoable to drive. Just got back from Ipoh(visiting mother in law), and the drive to Pg was just great.

blackbean;351189 said:
Just my 2 cents opinion. Save some money from stereos (unless you are a music lover). Spend on cosmetic first. You may want to upgrade the signal lamp & tail lamp to white colour. It will really looks nice. Lowered the car with new absorber & spring. M3 body kit will look great. Im thinking of getting a used bodykit. Couldnt afford anymore upgrade. I'm reserving some money maintenance. Just in case... hhahhaa... you will never know.

quote]

bro blackbean ,
you mean like this aar ? he he he ..just got mine painted ! welcome
in advance to the alpine club !

cheers !

DSCN1672.jpg

Megatniza, that's a real beauty.:top:

Can we have some more pics including the interior. It cars like yours that inspire other E36ers!

anxious;351421 said:
Megatniza, that's a real beauty.:top:

Can we have some more pics including the interior. It cars like yours that inspire other E36ers!

thanks , mate .
i did post some pixs in the showroom section under
"my journey to the alpines".
my interior so so only laar ...OEM black leather , stock std ...
infact , i kinda hate the leather seat as it squeaks here & there .
tried almost everything , raised the seat , baby oil , wax , polish
...at most they will last 1 week , then it's back to squeaks ,
squeaks , squeaks .....kinda of embarassing where there are people
...sounds like an old car ....any other tips that I can try ? :eek:

Top Bottom