My E36 Experience

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
megatniza;351357 said:
blackbean;351189 said:
Just my 2 cents opinion. Save some money from stereos (unless you are a music lover). Spend on cosmetic first. You may want to upgrade the signal lamp & tail lamp to white colour. It will really looks nice. Lowered the car with new absorber & spring. M3 body kit will look great. Im thinking of getting a used bodykit. Couldnt afford anymore upgrade. I'm reserving some money maintenance. Just in case... hhahhaa... you will never know.

quote]

bro blackbean ,
you mean like this aar ? he he he ..just got mine painted ! welcome
in advance to the alpine club !

cheers !

DSCN1672.jpg

aiyo bro.... damn nice lar... EXACTLY what i'm looking for... bro bro... how much is the painting ??? What colour did you ask for... any exact paint code. Bro you are good man... my ideal modification since i got my car. I like it simple & sporty. Sport rim look awesome. At the moment mine is the M3 17" rim... the older want lar... i got it 2nd hand. But look OK also. One day i will try to post some pictures and ask you guys to comment.

Bro. If paint the black lining with white.. will it look better or not. I was thinking of tinting the glass black. dunno police will stop or not.

Overall, superb cosmetic. in fact looks better than e46 after upgrade.

bros ,
thanks to all for the compliments :wink:
but still long way to go on my wish list , he he he ..

bro anxious ,
sorry for sort of hijacking your thread ...:listen:

Bro anxious,
I really enjoy reading through this thread. It bakar my smangat lor to own an E36. And ur black color E36 look d@mn nice!

So i want to search 318i,but before that,i need to know what should i know before buying an E36?before buy,what should i ask the seller and aftr buy,what should i do. I believe i already list out certain things that should be taken note of after read bro anxious thread. Or should i start a new thread about..let say...Guide before and after buying an E36?imo,it should be great.

drove;355931 said:
Bro anxious,
I really enjoy reading through this thread. It bakar my smangat lor to own an E36. And ur black color E36 look d@mn nice!

So i want to search 318i,but before that,i need to know what should i know before buying an E36?before buy,what should i ask the seller and aftr buy,what should i do. I believe i already list out certain things that should be taken note of after read bro anxious thread. Or should i start a new thread about..let say...Guide before and after buying an E36?imo,it should be great.

Drove,

All the info you need is in this forum. Just search patiently.

To start my advise is get the best 318 you can afford. Avoid used car dealers. Try to get a car from an owner direct. Make sure you get a full service history. Mileage not very important if the owner has serviced his car properly. The "youngest" 318 will be about 10 years old so don't expect a car with any less than 150000km. Put aside at least RM5k for initial repairs. Refrain form spending on mods until you sort out the mechanics & wear and tear items.

Good Luck.

anxious;346909 said:
Ok guys finally got to take pics of my new rims/tyres after washing the car today.

After

2727531121_6f95bf7d7a_b.jpg

Before
2062546936_f2efd99ab9_b.jpg

wow..what a shining black car.my E36 alos black but not shining as yours...will sent to POLISH...but I doubt can compete with yours...
I have my car for almost 2 years already...got hit by a Kancil at the back and havbr tiny scratchs abover the bumber,kesian the kancil fellow...the head is gone..:stupid: paid me RM50..for damaged done. actually don't want to claim anything from her since her car so bad condition after hit my backside,she did not apologise but scolede me, so I demanded for her to pay me..:wink:

Thinking of changing the color to white..but also wondering..my current colour is metalic black,change to white will be wasted...just could not make up my mind...:rolleyes:

Thank you so much...

Hi Sir,

Wow thanks so much for a very very very good post. It's a very very good read.
You guys are really knowledgeable! Thanks to all for sharing your wisdom and knowledge here.

I'm looking forward to get my first UDM. Initially, I am thinking of getting a E36. Hope to learn more from you guys.

Hey anxious, I'm also from Penang, any change to meet up for TT to see your babe in person?

Haha, thanks again.

hi sadhish....
i also from penang. nice o meet you

and i really learn a lot on anxious thread... many information here.

Sh*t. Now i'm torned between white and black paint. Both look damn nice lah. Megat, your location seems pretty close to mine, lets TT one day kot

megatniza;351823 said:
bro anxious ,
sorry for sort of hijacking your thread ...:listen:

No worries mate. I am also inspired by your car. It looks awesome and I'm proud to have it on this thread.

As I've said before my purpose for being on this forum is to share experiences with like minded people and I'm glad that some of you may have found my postings useful.

Sadhish

As for meeting up, I do organise a breakfast session with some of my friends( mostly in our late 30s++) every month or so. I'll put up a notice here after puasa as to my next Bfast cum drive session.

Cheers.

anxious;357939 said:
No worries mate. I am also inspired by your car. It looks awesome and I'm proud to have it on this thread.

As I've said before my purpose for being on this forum is to share experiences with like minded people and I'm glad that some of you may have found my postings useful.

hi bro anxious ,

thanks for the note . long time no hear . hope all is well the family & the UDM !:top:

cheers !

TT in penang

Hi Bro Anxious,

Thanks for the reply. If you don't mind a young guy(late twenties) hanging out with you guys, then that would be great.

I'm planning to get my first bimmer soon and I'm starting with a E36.

See you soon.

--sadhish

I have just hit 8000km since my last oil change which was 6 months ago, just wondering whether I should change my Mobil 1 5W-50 now or wait until I hit 10000km which is anor 2 mths away?

Ok, goin to tmrow.

What about the water pump. I have done 28k km on the car since getting it. I didnt change it when I got the car last year as the mechanic said it was still ok.

woohooo, mine is 11 years old and my mech says is still ok, but after getting some feedback from forummers, thats the first thing im gonna change after the holiday season...

Waxing My Car

I have had my E36 for over 1.5 years now. I painted the car right after it was purchased. I wash it almost every week myself but only had the chance to wax it on New Years Day. It was a full days work.

-Started at 8.30 am, washed my car with Meguiars Gold Class Shampoo. Then had bfast.
-Resumed at 10.30 am and clay bared the whole car with Meguiars Quick Detailer.
-Broke for lunch at 12.30,resumed at 1.30 and waxed the car by hand using Meguiars Applicator pad. Removed wax with Mr Clean polishing cloth. Finished at almost 5pm after cleaning the whole car of wax residue.

Here is a picture of the car taken with my wife's handphone camera ( Nokia 6120):-

3165938261_84e48046f4_b.jpg

Top Bottom