My 2003 M54 520i with 168,000 km

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
seewai;692937 said:
Bro, I found my 3.0L....you still keen on the cheap cheap 2.5L? :4:

I've decided to give way to engine upgrade during this holiday seasons, and postpone the paintwork to Dec 2012.

So she'll be "Titan Silver" for some 365 days more.

bro,

got shock that you go for 3.0 last time you told me that 2.5 is more than enough.

seewai;692937 said:
Bro, I found my 3.0L....you still keen on the cheap cheap 2.5L? :4:

I've decided to give way to engine upgrade during this holiday seasons, and postpone the paintwork to Dec 2012.

So she'll be "Titan Silver" for some 365 days more.

If only u told me sooner bro. After a LONG discussion with my mech I opted for another B22. Mech dont recommend an upgrade unless I m willing to buy a halfcut which I dont really need.

But hey way to go on your upgrade!

nitedevil;692943 said:
congratssssss...

btw mind to share how much is the engine? half cut or 3.0engine only?

th

Just engine with a few other "necessary" parts. The price is > RM10k, excluding, if I trade-in my used 2.5L, to the workshop.

EL118;692953 said:
Hi bro, u must have strong muscles in your legs.

This I do agree with you bro, maybe used to the "1 leg kick" stunt at work.

sewell;692956 said:
bro,

got shock that you go for 3.0 last time you told me that 2.5 is more than enough.

Bro, you're still right, it was more than enough "last time".

EL118;692958 said:
U may have problems next time u want to sell your car.

This will never happen, I mean the selling part that is. Til death do us part. Hehe...cabutzzz.
(for now lah, "next time" dunno yet)

EL118;692959 said:
Human's desires grow...
Or the boredom with constant grows, hence the change.

initialM;693025 said:
No Replacement For Displacement
:rock:

azfartacos;693026 said:
If only u told me sooner bro. After a LONG discussion with my mech I opted for another B22. Mech dont recommend an upgrade unless I m willing to buy a halfcut which I dont really need.

But hey way to go on your upgrade!

No worries bro, most importantly is the decision you made meets your expectation.

Cheers bros.
seewai

She is back.

Steering rack behaves well.
Damage: 1.2k c/w 1 year warranty

B30(M) first test, sweet!
One whole of next week to test driving.
Damage: 15k c/w 1 year coverage against leakage

Just got back from SG. Weather varies from sunny to cloudy and even drizzles and heavy thunderstorms in some part of the hiways.

The 3.0L surprisingly is more fuel efficient than my previous 2.5L. When cruising at 100-120km/h on a flat road it recorded around 6.2l/100km (around 45mpg) at 5th gear. The acceleration at 5th gear from 120 - 200km/h is good.

With a mixture of traffic slowdowns, accelerations and constant speed drives, we reached home after 4 hours of non-stop travel, clocking around 400km. Average consumption at OBDII shows 7.6l/100km.

Very satisfying 5-day trip to SG. I'll get dyno done once I have the time.

seewai;698122 said:
Just got back from SG. Weather varies from sunny to cloudy and even drizzles and heavy thunderstorms in some part of the hiways.

The 3.0L surprisingly is more fuel efficient than my previous 2.5L. When cruising at 100-120km/h on a flat road it recorded around 6.2l/100km (around 45mpg) at 5th gear. The acceleration at 5th gear from 120 - 200km/h is good.

With a mixture of traffic slowdowns, accelerations and constant speed drives, we reached home after 4 hours of non-stop travel, clocking around 400km. Average consumption at OBDII shows 7.6l/100km.

wah bro, now your E39 with M54B30 and manual. should be excellent driving machine!!! 6.2l/100km, incredible!!!

Actually bigger cc will save more fuel coz you need to step less for power. Anyway good mileage there in manual box. Let me know if came accross 1 for E60

initialM;698239 said:
Actually bigger cc will save more fuel coz you need to step less for power. Anyway good mileage there in manual box. Let me know if came accross 1 for E60

Wow bro IM, you gonna be among the first if not the first to convert tranny from Auto to Manual...good luck in your hunt, will keep you posted if I come across any. Not sure if there's expertise out there to do the conversion or not though...

EL118;698156 said:
wah bro, now your E39 with M54B30 and manual. should be excellent driving machine!!! 6.2l/100km, incredible!!!

Yes it's getting more fun to drive nowadays. Be it cruising steadily or rempitting a bit bit :4:

seewai;698122 said:

Gosh, these kind of fuel consumption is like kancil....

seewai;698122 said:

I second that bro..the 3.0L engine does give excellent fuel consumption during high speed cruising 100-120kph with the rpm around 2500rpm if not mistaken...i remember seeing a video of Jeremy Clarkson doing 10 laps around the Top Gear circuit in a e92 M3 against a smaller cc Jap car (can't recall the exact model)..and turns out the M3 has better fuel consumption...IMO city driving is also good with the 3.0L engine, given that it's a relaxed drive, change gears at 2.5-3k rpm, and not too much rempiting around..hehe..plus u can do free gear at traffic lights or at low gradient slopes to keep the car rolling (tho can be dangerous)..to me the best feeling is still accelerating in 2nd or 3rd gear all the way to 100kph+..the pulling feel is just awesome...basically with manual cars the "feel" is there and you are in control of your "stick"...just drop gear and overtake...try driving to genting or those 2 lanes kampung roads, see how easy overtaking is :)

anyway, welcome to the bmw 3.0L manual world and rest assured you will never get bored of it..there's always ways to have fun with it :)

Top Bottom