My 2003 M54 520i with 168,000 km

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
Then withdraw your car sale ler hehe. I'm sure your M54B30 manyak ganas lah. Your ride is a car to die for.

SilverBullet;699697 said:
I second that bro..the 3.0L engine does give excellent fuel consumption during high speed cruising 100-120kph with the rpm around 2500rpm if not mistaken...i remember seeing a video of Jeremy Clarkson doing 10 laps around the Top Gear circuit in a e92 M3 against a smaller cc Jap car (can't recall the exact model)..and turns out the M3 has better fuel consumption...IMO city driving is also good with the 3.0L engine, given that it's a relaxed drive, change gears at 2.5-3k rpm, and not too much rempiting around..hehe..plus u can do free gear at traffic lights or at low gradient slopes to keep the car rolling (tho can be dangerous)..to me the best feeling is still accelerating in 2nd or 3rd gear all the way to 100kph+..the pulling feel is just awesome...basically with manual cars the "feel" is there and you are in control of your "stick"...just drop gear and overtake...try driving to genting or those 2 lanes kampung roads, see how easy overtaking is :)

anyway, welcome to the bmw 3.0L manual world and rest assured you will never get bored of it..there's always ways to have fun with it :)

seewai;698122 said:
Just got back from SG. Weather varies from sunny to cloudy and even drizzles and heavy thunderstorms in some part of the hiways.

The 3.0L surprisingly is more fuel efficient than my previous 2.5L. When cruising at 100-120km/h on a flat road it recorded around 6.2l/100km (around 45mpg) at 5th gear. The acceleration at 5th gear from 120 - 200km/h is good.

With a mixture of traffic slowdowns, accelerations and constant speed drives, we reached home after 4 hours of non-stop travel, clocking around 400km. Average consumption at OBDII shows 7.6l/100km.

Very satisfying 5-day trip to SG. I'll get dyno done once I have the time.

Fuhh....it is so tempting to get manual now...but of course with a 3litre transplant engine..hehe...thanks for the updates bro seewai

seewai;699708 said:
Then withdraw your car sale ler hehe. I'm sure your M54B30 manyak ganas lah. Your ride is a car to die for.

if my car is 4 door i won't sell already..but can't fit the child seat lah..so have to change to e90 4 door...so sad to let go but family comes first :)

bila u want to do ur exhaust system? manual car must do aftermarket exhaust, baru bunyi and performance banyak syok

Bro, a few words of advice....you WILL miss your two door at a "slightly" later stage in your life...I never owned a 2-door but already meleleh-ing looking at all the coupes on the road and in the showroom. Yes I have a kid too. Maybe you could look into other options, aplenty of them I'm sure :)

I did my header+exhaust+backbox after the 2.5L went in, the sound is to my liking :4: I plan to keep it this way and reserve further 3.0L mods at a later time.

Life is short, we should enjoy every wee bit of mods done to our mistress :4:

SilverBullet;699716 said:
if my car is 4 door i won't sell already..but can't fit the child seat lah..so have to change to e90 4 door...so sad to let go but family comes first :)

bila u want to do ur exhaust system? manual car must do aftermarket exhaust, baru bunyi and performance banyak syok

Just got back from JC Racing where I sent her for Dyno half-a-year ago.

The figures match with my butt-feel:
Max Power = 204.31 PS ( approx 6000 rpm )
Max Torque = 275.84 NM ( approx 3800 rpm )

Old figures @ 2.5L (M)
Max Power = 163.52 PS ( approx 6400 rpm )
Max Torque = 207.31 NM ( approx 4200 rpm )

seewai;699788 said:
Just got back from JC Racing where I sent her for Dyno half-a-year ago.

The figures match with my butt-feel:
Max Power = 204.31 PS ( approx 6000 rpm )
Max Torque = 275.84 NM ( approx 3800 rpm )

Old figures @ 2.5L (M)
Max Power = 163.52 PS ( approx 6400 rpm )
Max Torque = 207.31 NM ( approx 4200 rpm )

The official figure for M54B30 is 231bhp and 300nm, what could be the reason for the lower figure?

EL118;699811 said:
The official figure for M54B30 is 231bhp and 300nm, what could be the reason for the lower figure?

hey bro..those dyno figures quoted by seewai are on-wheel hp's and torques..which has normally accounted for approx 10-15% losses from crank..so basically his power on crank is:

204/0.85 = 240PS (close to 231hp stock, but he has his exhaust and maybe other upgrades done)

just a basic calculation..since different dyno machines has different loss percentage..sifus please correct me if I'm wrong..tq

p/s: i got similar figures when I dyno'ed my machine back then..think was around 210whp or something with some mods..need to dig up for the dyno chart somewhere

Yup, bro SilverBullet has well covered the main points.

As for the mods and differences which could cause the difference in figures, she's running on aftermarket exhaust, which is meant for 2.5L Inline 6. Before the exhaust job, the figures were 11 PS less and 6 NM less, for the same 2.5L engine setup.

She's also still running on 2.5L ECU/DME/IKE etc electronics and was optimally tuned by BVO to my driving style.

When I was at JC Racing, when nobody was around I checked the machine's Dyno history and saw a E60 2.5L, probably stock with auto-tranny, at 154PS on-wheel, which is close to my baby's number before the exhaust job.

Finally, the 40 PS gain justifies the difference between M54B25 and M54B30, 192 vs 231. So I can confirm the workshop did not tipu me lah hehehe.

SilverBullet;699818 said:
hey bro..those dyno figures quoted by seewai are on-wheel hp's and torques..which has normally accounted for approx 10-15% losses from crank..so basically his power on crank is:

204/0.85 = 240PS (close to 231hp stock, but he has his exhaust and maybe other upgrades done)

just a basic calculation..since different dyno machines has different loss percentage..sifus please correct me if I'm wrong..tq

p/s: i got similar figures when I dyno'ed my machine back then..think was around 210whp or something with some mods..

Forgot to mention on the dyno history there was once a M54B30 supercharged with about 350PS....maybe belongs to one of our braders here.

`
seewai;699834 said:
Yup, bro SilverBullet has well covered the main points.

As for the mods and differences which could cause the difference in figures, she's running on aftermarket exhaust, which is meant for 2.5L Inline 6. Before the exhaust job, the figures were 11 PS less and 6 NM less, for the same 2.5L engine setup.

She's also still running on 2.5L ECU/DME/IKE etc electronics and was optimally tuned by BVO to my driving style.

When I was at JC Racing, when nobody was around I checked the machine's Dyno history and saw a E60 2.5L, probably stock with auto-tranny, at 154PS on-wheel, which is close to my baby's number before the exhaust job.

Finally, the 40 PS gain justifies the difference between M54B25 and M54B30, 192 vs 231. So I can confirm the workshop did not tipu me lah hehehe.

by the way, would be good if we can compare 2 stock cars with same model and same engine cc but one with autobox and the other with manual box..wanna see if there is any difference in on wheel hp/torques..i heard there are more torque losses from engine to wheel for autoboxes

SilverBullet;700102 said:
`

by the way, would be good if we can compare 2 stock cars with same model and same engine cc but one with autobox and the other with manual box..wanna see if there is any difference in on wheel hp/torques..i heard there are more torque losses from engine to wheel for autoboxes

This is based on information from udmowners ... Bro afifazhanee dynoed his 330Ci automatic transmission on a dynojet and it recorded 199.71whp and Max Torque 266.91 SAE corrected ... That's the best i've seen so far on a automatic 330. Bro MRsamdol recorded 179whp for his previous 330Ci which is in line what is posted elsewhere but he didn't say about the torque figures though.

JFT63;699712 said:
Fuhh....it is so tempting to get manual now...but of course with a 3litre transplant engine..hehe...thanks for the updates bro seewai

Bro JFT63, given a choice, I'd prefer to get an original E39 M54B30 manual, baru syiok. Nothing beats original. Which is why I regard SilverBullet's original E46 M54B30 manual as a dream M54 manual machine.

Dyno results:

View attachment 22010

During previous round of dyno, workshop wrongly chose E60 520i, but I assume it's alright as early batch of E60 520i shares the same engine. This time maintaining the same configuration, for more accurate comparison.

seewai;700154 said:
Bro JFT63, given a choice, I'd prefer to get an original E39 M54B30 manual, baru syiok. Nothing beats original. Which is why I regard SilverBullet's original E46 M54B30 manual as a dream M54 manual machine.

Agreed. but it is hard to find these rare species. Ci model is very good looking and very sllluurrrp but it always defeats my purposes..hehe..besides, i can't also afford that ride..

JFT63;700159 said:
Agreed. but it is hard to find these rare species. Ci model is very good looking and very sllluurrrp but it always defeats my purposes..hehe..besides, i can't also afford that ride..

Bang, don't say cannot afford anything. It's god's willing whether something is meant for someone :4:

Just replaced rear rubbers.

Out are 245/45/17 Wan Li S1008 - noisy moderate dry grip, never dare to take on any challenges on wet. Thread wise, still approx 3mm to reach "safetly line".

In are a 245/45/17 Bridgestone RE050a, made in Poland, RM790 per piece.

Front pair still running 245/45/17 Toyo T1R, since Jan 2011. Checked the thread still OK.

Eibach anti-roll bar is still an infinitely pending project. Too many projects in mind, with $$ and time limitation.

Cheers.

seewai;701736 said:
Bang, don't say cannot afford anything. It's god's willing whether something is meant for someone :4:

I'm just reflecting to my income bro..thats all..am really glad that my friends get the chance to own one..hehe

seewai;701740 said:
Just replaced rear rubbers.

Out are 245/45/17 Wan Li S1008 - noisy moderate dry grip, never dare to take on any challenges on wet. Thread wise, still approx 3mm to reach "safetly line".

In are a 245/45/17 Bridgestone RE050a, made in Poland, RM790 per piece.

Front pair still running 245/45/17 Toyo T1R, since Jan 2011. Checked the thread still OK.

Eibach anti-roll bar is still an infinitely pending project. Too many projects in mind, with $$ and time limitation.

Cheers.

Just for saharing, during the Kulim trip , i change my tyre Nexan 265/35 at Sri Petaling Hankook @ 750

seewai;700156 said:
Dyno results:

View attachment 22010

During previous round of dyno, workshop wrongly chose E60 520i, but I assume it's alright as early batch of E60 520i shares the same engine. This time maintaining the same configuration, for more accurate comparison.

Bro,

Can you share with me where you do the dyno test ?? i am doing my own experiment by changing the ECU and reprogramm it to add on more HP & Torque

Anthony5785;701796 said:
Just for saharing, during the Kulim trip , i change my tyre Nexan 265/35 at Sri Petaling Hankook @ 750

Bro, I got quoted for RM500, Nexen N8000, 235/45/17

Top Bottom