Recuring Problems with my e39

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
macgy;747395 said:
I assume u hv replaced d fuel filter located underneath d car, there is also a fuel regulator attached to it, that is similar to d one on d engine, in fact u may be able to reuse it if u still keep d part, pls chk w ur mech.
In ur case when this happen, try to re start d car, it has to start at 1st crank & immediately....does d car back to normal?, from my experience the failing throttle body replicate same symptom but CEL light will came out but urs don't.

I am a noob and didn't know about the fuel regulator.

Yes the fuel filter is located underneath the car somewhere near the front passenger side if I am not mistaken.

When the problem happened, my car will start at first crank almost immediately, but it will not come back to normal i.e. there is no power like I what described (the engine sounded normal, no violent vibrations etc., just that there was temporary power loss). I had to turn off and restart to get the car moving. Once the car moves I am OK and from the last occurrence (some +3 weeks back) till now, the car is behaving well despite the fact that I do get stuck in similar bad start/stop traffice crawl in KL. Fyi there is no CEL light.

Thanks again and much appreciated.

maybe you need to check your exhaust system. the catalyic converter might stuck. when i was studying abroad that time my E39 cant really go fast but it can start and drove slowly.

after change the catalyic converter then the car back in action.

sewell;747473 said:
maybe you need to check your exhaust system. the catalyic converter might stuck. when i was studying abroad that time my E39 cant really go fast but it can start and drove slowly.

after change the catalyic converter then the car back in action.

My car has no cat. converter now as when I when I had the problem you described a few years back, it was due to the faulty cat. and my worked shop modify my exhaust and took it out.

Thanks.

my mechanic diagnosed a fuel pump problem, but he is going to change the fuel filter first.

will update later.

WTCooperman;747474 said:
My car has no cat. converter now as when I when I had the problem you described a few years back, it was due to the faulty cat. and my worked shop modify my exhaust and took it out.

Thanks.

I tried living w/o a cat on my previous car but cannot tahan the smelly smoke. Really bad for health. I think for e39 there's an o2 sensor at post cat.

Sent from my LT26i using Tapatalk

WTCooperman;747469 said:
I am a noob and didn't know about the fuel regulator.
I will try to take pic from my Bro M52 this wk end, will post.

Top Bottom