My 2003 M54 520i with 168,000 km

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
sewell;658368 said:
bro see wai,

what i want is direct from 2.2 to 3.0 . i think it should me more than 20%. now each time i sit inside when pick-up time. i really feel not enough power. haih....

bro sewell, she went from 2.2 auto to 2.5 manual, and 215 tyres to 245/265 tyres, car feel so much lighter, lighter than you could imagine! I always have the intention to use a further route to go almost anywhere, because "i'm lovin' it"!

if you want to go 3.0, you need the entire half cut coz things like gearbox is different. My last enquiries somewhere mid-2010 priced M54B30 half cut c/w gearbox at RM22k, w/o gb at RM19k!!!

I could safely say 2.5L could satisfy me at least for a number of years to come, no intention to swap it with 3.0L or stroking-up or force-induced anytime soon.

bazet;658429 said:
sewell

now is M54B22 ...B30 is the ultimate upgrade I'm going for...if the $$ permits :D

i have calculate it. it is more than 25% if we convert from B22 to B30.

what we can do is convert to B25 then stroke up to 3.0

Damn, bro. Feel really sorry for you.

Any details of what happened, and where exactly?

most important is person OK. fix car involves money only. can find back 1.

Finally car is back home! Few things yet to be settled, they lost one of my front wheel's screw! And my remote rosak, cannot press button to release boot!

Already made complaint to the workshop and they'll work on it tomorrow.

Otherwise, it feels good to have my hands on my E39 again!

And of course, I drove a much much longer way home. Also keeping myself reminded to drive even more safely than before.

As mentioned in the Official TT thread, I've got work at Cyberjaya during the TT, but let's see if I could finish my work before the TT ends.

haywire;669923 said:
Good bro, can come to TT on Friday let us check it out?

Noticed the front right wheel a bit dent from the pic, u replace with a new one or refurbish it?

I've yet to send the car for detail balancing. Rear left was pending refurbish even before the accident. Will check all 4 again and decide later. I don't think it's easy to find replacement, and no, not new one, the money could be much well spent elsewhere than original-brand-new style 66.

bmw7833;669926 said:
Noticed the front right wheel a bit dent from the pic, u replace with a new one or refurbish it?

Last time I checked Harbhajan had a style 66 in his boot as spare tyre and willing to sell. Not sure if he sold it yet. Try PM/call him.

haywire;669932 said:
Last time I checked Harbhajan had a style 66 in his boot as spare tyre and willing to sell. Not sure if he sold it yet. Try PM/call him.

Few of us are on the Q bro..

As expected, the Workshop use some dunno-mana-mali stuffs. A few examples are Made in Taiwan fan cover, dunno-mana-mali A/C fan, dunno-mana-mali radiator.

The A/C fan manyak kuat bising most of the time. A few occasions even rubbing somewhere (maybe the kidneys), have to switch off A/C for a while and switch it on back and pray.

With all these stuffs now in my ride, I still successfully made it to Melaka town and back last night. Reached home didn't find obvious problems but saw water (from radiator) spray marks several locations.

Aiya, decided to take no further risk, left my ride with Optimum for the rest of the day + tomorrow for full diags.

Seewai,

Good to hear your e39 is finally back on the road again. You are right about insurance panel workshop using dunno-mana-mali stuffs & Taiwan stuffs though usable won't last. Anyway it's good that you ask Optimum to do full diags.

haywire;661027 said:
Damn, bro. Feel really sorry for you.

Any details of what happened, and where exactly?

Sorry bro missed answering your post.

Anyway the car skidded (tail happy) at "Jalan Tengah", actual location underpass linking Federal Highway and Cheras.

I was driving at right lane, probably 60~70kph, heading towards the underpass, there's a moderate right bend, once I turned steering wheel to right, tail skidded, I couldn't react fast enough, within 1 second I hit an already-accidented car at the road shoulder. That accidented car was the 2nd car that skidded, the first was a Perdana. All three cars skidded at different timing.

I suspect it is a setup by workshop or tow truck... Sorry
seewai;672167 said:
Sorry bro missed answering your post.

Anyway the car skidded (tail happy) at "Jalan Tengah", actual location underpass linking Federal Highway and Cheras.

I was driving at right lane, probably 60~70kph, heading towards the underpass, there's a moderate right bend, once I turned steering wheel to right, tail skidded, I couldn't react fast enough, within 1 second I hit an already-accidented car at the road shoulder. That accidented car was the 2nd car that skidded, the first was a Perdana. All three cars skidded at different timing.

You're not the only one who agree with this theory bro, sadly, Malaysia boleh.

geoffreylee;672328 said:
I suspect it is a setup by workshop or tow truck... Sorry

Top Bottom