My 2003 M54 520i with 168,000 km

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
I was shocked after seeing the rear rubber when Optimum jacked her up to do some work at the front!

I started using this set of tyres in Jan 2011, now at about 17k KM, the rear 265/40/17 Toyo Proxes T1R are already at thread wear line. That could be the root cause if not major contributor to the recent accident, where the rear "buang"ed on a wet and greasy curving road.

The front 245/45/17 still have few mm before reaching the thread wear line.

I'm quoted RM900pc for Michelin PS2 and RM925 Conti unknown model and will definately get them replaced by next week.

T1R with thread wear no of 280 sure cepat makan, i'm using it too. C1S is better for comfort and longer lasting and cheaper

i am using CSC3 all around size 245/45R17, fit nicely on the m sport rims. bought tires from sunway bridgestone for RM400 a piece only.

seewai;672450 said:
I was shocked after seeing the rear rubber when Optimum jacked her up to do some work at the front!

I started using this set of tyres in Jan 2011, now at about 17k KM, the rear 265/40/17 Toyo Proxes T1R are already at thread wear line. That could be the root cause if not major contributor to the recent accident, where the rear "buang"ed on a wet and greasy curving road.

The front 245/45/17 still have few mm before reaching the thread wear line.

I'm quoted RM900pc for Michelin PS2 and RM925 Conti unknown model and will definately get them replaced by next week.

Seewai,

Apart from using better tires, you should also look into upgrading your anti-roll-bars. Trust me, it will be your best investment.

Consider hankok, ventus range if u don't go tracking. Very quite and good grip during wet. 300++. Really a good buy.

I decided to take a small risk in using used Wanli S-1088, for the rears, 245/45/17 replacing Proxes T1R 265/40/17. Both have treadwear rating 280.

RM550 a pair, 80/85% thread, year manuf: 08, Traction A

Initial feel: Tire a bit noisy at speed above 40km/h, but almost cancelled out by bassy backbox sound.

Grip and handling will feedback later.

Next on list: Eibach anti-roll bars

herbert;672485 said:
Seewai,

Apart from using better tires, you should also look into upgrading your anti-roll-bars. Trust me, it will be your best investment.

Hi Herbert, where is good place to change the anti-roll bars?

Added a few recent pix ...

photostream
photostream
http://www.flickr.com/photos/95162257@N00/6231301054/in/photostream/

azfartacos;679628 said:
bro seewai, out of curiosity. how much was the b25 transplant and where did you get it done?
thanks

I also did manual conversion at the same time, all in, probably around 20-25k inclusive of wear n tear parts replacement.

seewai;680599 said:
I also did manual conversion at the same time, all in, probably around 20-25k inclusive of wear n tear parts replacement.

how about just for the engine itself? my b22 is drinking oil like theres no tomorrow. i've done the ccv and valve seal job. so most likely its the piston rings. the options are to overhaul or transplant. i already have a manual tranny fitted. mind sharing what kind of expenses i am looking at considering both options. thanks

My suggestion is that you get in touch with your mechanic to find out more. Price could vary a lot depending on condition of the engine and/or half cut itself.

If I could get a reasonably priced 3.0l engine, I could let you have my 2.5l cheap cheap :4:

azfartacos;682149 said:
how about just for the engine itself? my b22 is drinking oil like theres no tomorrow. i've done the ccv and valve seal job. so most likely its the piston rings. the options are to overhaul or transplant. i already have a manual tranny fitted. mind sharing what kind of expenses i am looking at considering both options. thanks

seewai;682161 said:
My suggestion is that you get in touch with your mechanic to find out more. Price could vary a lot depending on condition of the engine and/or half cut itself.

If I could get a reasonably priced 3.0l engine, I could let you have my 2.5l cheap cheap :4:

Cheap cheap sounds good bro :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

azfartacos;682239 said:
Cheap cheap sounds good bro :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Bro, I found my 3.0L....you still keen on the cheap cheap 2.5L? :4:

I've decided to give way to engine upgrade during this holiday seasons, and postpone the paintwork to Dec 2012.

So she'll be "Titan Silver" for some 365 days more.

seewai;692937 said:
Bro, I found my 3.0L....you still keen on the cheap cheap 2.5L? :4:

I've decided to give way to engine upgrade during this holiday seasons, and postpone the paintwork to Dec 2012.

So she'll be "Titan Silver" for some 365 days more.

congratssssss...

btw mind to share how much is the engine? half cut or 3.0engine only?

th

Top Bottom