My 2003 M54 520i with 168,000 km

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
bmw7833;647168 said:
Bro, why u not consider the twin tips instead of this single wide tip? Just curious to know what u thought.

The twin-tip I found was Supersprint and I got to know it's much louder than the Hartge I found with single wide-tip.

You can also find new or used Supersprint more easily but Hartge stopped its {backbox} production for E39.

Supersprint that I found is also slightly more expensive than this Hartge.

Remus is even much louder, a friend is using them.

I only have information on these three makes.

B33mEr;646993 said:
Thank you for the info bro :top: Do you feel any loss of low end torque ... Any plans to get a remapped to maximise the hardware mods you've done so far?

No bro, as a matter of fact, butt-feel wise, I don't feel any lose of torque at all. Maybe it's due to manual transmission?

And yes, I actually wanted the remap services but they were just in time only to deliver it to me without sending to remapping. Maybe I'll live and enjoy the current setup for a while, until there's a itch for remapping or Bernard's here and has available slot for us.

seewai;628487 said:
I decided to track changes to my ride, like I did for petrol refueling history.

Finally after serving her previous owner 4.5 years and yours truly 2.5 years, the sliding storage box gave way.

New one ordered from e-bay and recently installed. Damage: US$32

Also replaced the manual shifter with short-shifter. Funny shifting feel, but I'll get used to it. Damage: US$26.99

bro seewai...looks like you buy ebay stuff quite a lot.normally how long it took from time you place order till barang reach house?and normally from which country.hope you don't mind my asking.tks

moots;658264 said:
bro seewai...looks like you buy ebay stuff quite a lot.normally how long it took from time you place order till barang reach house?and normally from which country.hope you don't mind my asking.tks

I've done 3 times so far, around 3 - 6 weeks. Once from UK, once from USA, once from Poland.

seewai;658289 said:
total after trade in about 6k

it is quite good price for it. how much is the half cut for M54B25 nowadays? can my car M54B22 direct swap to M54B30 ?

sewell;658312 said:
it is quite good price for it. how much is the half cut for M54B25 nowadays? can my car M54B22 direct swap to M54B30 ?

Bro we won't need half cut to convert from B22 to B25, direct swap would do, of course there are optional items to do, eg larger brake discs (B22 has smaller, B25, B28, B30 have bigger), i don't have the figures here though; larger exhaust.

B22 to B30 swap I guess would require some parts to be replaced but I couldn't remember what Jason told me. Anyway not into that option as B30 engine and/or halfcut is wayyyyyy too expensive.

If you have {lots of!!} time and {loads of!!!) money, go for B44, half cut cheaper than B30 due to less demand.

seewai;658314 said:
Bro we won't need half cut to convert from B22 to B25, direct swap would do, of course there are optional items to do, eg larger brake discs (B22 has smaller, B25, B28, B30 have bigger), i don't have the figures here though; larger exhaust.

B22 to B30 swap I guess would require some parts to be replaced but I couldn't remember what Jason told me. Anyway not into that option as B30 engine and/or halfcut is wayyyyyy too expensive.

If you have {lots of!!} time and {loads of!!!) money, go for B44, half cut cheaper than B30 due to less demand.

bro seewai,

as i hear from other each and everytime we swap engine only can increase 20% from our current engine capacity. is this true? B44 cannot afford as the road tax is too expensive. which workshop you did your engine conversion ? is there any problem after you convert ? as i dont really like to visit workshop everytime. haha

I think can because of the same wiring ( M54 ). I need to kompol $$ for B30 upgrade then....and another 15k for manual GB ......ouch

bro sewell, you do the math, 2.2L -> 2.5L, 0.3/2.2 = 13% increase in CC, so don't expect miracle after conversion.

Road tax wise....Malaysia boleh!! So it really really really depends lah.

I did mine at Optimum Automotive at Kayu Ara.

Minor differences before and after conversion.

If you don't like to visit workshop, I'd encourage you to stay put with whatever you have now, or better still get a new UDM hehe.

I love going chop shops and visit workshops and stay there long hours, so I have no issue with that.

seewai;658364 said:
bro sewell, you do the math, 2.2L -> 2.5L, 0.3/2.2 = 13% increase in CC, so don't expect miracle after conversion.

Road tax wise....Malaysia boleh!! So it really really really depends lah.

I did mine at Optimum Automotive at Kayu Ara.

Minor differences before and after conversion.

If you don't like to visit workshop, I'd encourage you to stay put with whatever you have now, or better still get a new UDM hehe.

I love going chop shops and visit workshops and stay there long hours, so I have no issue with that.

bro see wai,

what i want is direct from 2.2 to 3.0 . i think it should me more than 20%. now each time i sit inside when pick-up time. i really feel not enough power. haih....

bazet;658348 said:
I think can because of the same wiring ( M54 ). I need to kompol $$ for B30 upgrade then....and another 15k for manual GB ......ouch

bro bazet,

what is your current ride now? B22 as well?

sewell

now is M54B22 ...B30 is the ultimate upgrade I'm going for...if the $$ permits :D

Some info obtained from JPJ website here

If engine capacity increase is more than 25%, you need to get JPJ approval first. Looks like it's mostly paperwork.

Yeow;658432 said:
Some info obtained from JPJ website here

If engine capacity increase is more than 25%, you need to get JPJ approval first. Looks like it's mostly paperwork.

U can convert it quietly ma..:listen:

Top Bottom