Low Cost Engine Maintenance

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
Confirmed that a 1996 E36 318 engine c/w timing chain. Seen it in the workshop.

astroboy;769499 said:
My mistake... M43 all using timing chain.... the photo I show above is not correct (M40).. M43 is this:

M43.jpg

1999~2001
MTE3NzhfcA==.png

MjM1OTlfcA==.png

Huhu..ala its ok la sifu...human mistake...i know u have to many searching and studying about all the BMW engine model..that why ada "Pening2" skit..hehe

nice explanation and picture bro:top:

tweiboon;769510 said:
Ya ya this is the engine. And this is the perfect engine................heheheheheheh

Yeah bro tweiboon..i will find E46 with this engine model..low cost to maintance..not to much sensor

so how to monitor all the part bro?..same like what i maintance my JDM?

wan e46;769535 said:
Yeah bro tweiboon..i will find E46 with this engine model..low cost to maintance..not to much sensor

so how to monitor all the part bro?..same like what i maintance my JDM?

U need to buy BMW scanner 1.4 to check the car. What is JDM ? As i know this engine half cut price is like M52 engine. Around RM2k++ u can get whole engine if i am not mistaken. Meaning if the engine got big problem then just buy another half cut engine and change the engine.

tweiboon;769553 said:
U need to buy BMW scanner 1.4 to check the car. What is JDM ? As i know this engine half cut price is like M52 engine. Around RM2k++ u can get whole engine if i am not mistaken. Meaning if the engine got big problem then just buy another half cut engine and change the engine.

waaa...How its looks like that BMW Scanner 1.4 bro?..JDM Means a Japanies Car Bro..Currenctly I drive Honda Civic EK..so my car do a very good job within 4 years i use it...nothing major problem and headache to maintain my car...

yeah bro..thats rite if the half cut more cheeper than to change all the problem part..better we got for half cut rite..hehe:rock:

i just wonddering about N42/N46..What is a major problem for this engine?..

i hope all the sifus and frenz can help..:cool:

wan e46;769713 said:
i just wonddering about N42/N46..What is a major problem for this engine?..

i hope all the sifus and frenz can help..:cool:

Extra horse power + Improve fuel efficiency + Cleaner emission

=

Additional components + Additional o-rings & oil seals + Engine more cramp

=

Additional maintenance headache + additional cost + Additional down time

astroboy;769715 said:

=

=

Extra horse power but not a big different while in driving.
If major overhaul can be more than RM10k and even just change to another half cut N42 engine might exist RM10k.
But if M43 repair cost exist RM6k, i think u can change half cut full set.

wan e46;769709 said:
waaa...How its looks like that BMW Scanner 1.4 bro?..JDM Means a Japanies Car Bro..Currenctly I drive Honda Civic EK..so my car do a very good job within 4 years i use it...nothing major problem and headache to maintain my car...

yeah bro..thats rite if the half cut more cheeper than to change all the problem part..better we got for half cut rite..hehe:rock:

As far as I know, JDM means Japan Domestic Model, meaning the car model was exclusively for the Japan market only brand new. Models like Alphard and Caldina is a true JDM, it is not sold brand new outside of Japan. All that we see here are either grey imports or recon car, Toyota does not sell them in their showrooms.

But lately the term JDM was loosely used to represent all Japanese cars..

Maybe they want to compare to our UDM...hehehe

Anyway excuse me if I'm wrong. UDM driver not JDM driver.

Bro, according to my mechanic, he would recommend M54 type and not the N42 which are more prone to prob...he told me, if he had known me earlier, he would asked me to get a 325i aka M54B25 engine instead of my N42B20 type...FC wise, i dont know the difference but for sure, a huge difference in terms of power
Since am not a racer type, am satisfied with my current engine, decent power and torque for daily driving :) of course, my engine was overhauled 3 weeks after purchasing the car LOL

Good luck, bro :)

julianf7;769740 said:
Bro, according to my mechanic, he would recommend M54 type and not the N42 which are more prone to prob...he told me, if he had known me earlier, he would asked me to get a 325i aka M54B25 engine instead of my N42B20 type...FC wise, i dont know the difference but for sure, a huge difference in terms of power
Since am not a racer type, am satisfied with my current engine, decent power and torque for daily driving :) of course, my engine was overhauled 3 weeks after purchasing the car LOL

Good luck, bro :)

M54 and M52TU both also using alot of sensors. I can say if not major overhaul both engines also low maintenance. But the sensors always giving out problem. If u can DIY to change the sensors then u can save alot of money.

astroboy;769715 said:

=

=

hehehehe..yeah bro

extra components , extra sensor will give extra money to maintain..hehe

haywire;769722 said:
As far as I know, JDM means Japan Domestic Model, meaning the car model was exclusively for the Japan market only brand new. Models like Alphard and Caldina is a true JDM, it is not sold brand new outside of Japan. All that we see here are either grey imports or recon car, Toyota does not sell them in their showrooms.

But lately the term JDM was loosely used to represent all Japanese cars..

Maybe they want to compare to our UDM...hehehe

Anyway excuse me if I'm wrong. UDM driver not JDM driver.

haha..yeah bro..You area rite....nowdays if u own a Japanese model..such as Honda , Toyota , Nissan Etc...so they can claim as JDM..hehe

i just planning to upgrade my self..that why i searching BMW..i like this quote for a clips on youtube.. " Some Say Its Different...What Drive you And What You Drive "

E39 525 are very affordable now, should consider going for "5" as it range RM30K-RM80K

azmi318;769788 said:
Mine using E36 318i 97, timing chain, less headache, there should be no problem if you plan to buy E46 M43. But....
If I were you, I would find the M54B25/M54B28 engine.. :rock:

M43:
http://www.mudah.my/BMW+E46+318i+auto+M3+bodykit+01+import+06-17655261.htm

M54B28:
http://www.mudah.my/Bmw+328i+e46+a+LOCAL-16815808.htm

Check closely, prefacelift engines normally is M43TU and M52TU
While facelift engines is N42, N46 and M54
M3 E46 only start from 2001 and powered by S54

Cheers

azmi318;769788 said:
Mine using E36 318i 97, timing chain, less headache, there should be no problem if you plan to buy E46 M43. But....
If I were you, I would find the M54B25/M54B28 engine.. :rock:

M43:
http://www.mudah.my/BMW+E46+318i+auto+M3+bodykit+01+import+06-17655261.htm

M54B28:
http://www.mudah.my/Bmw+328i+e46+a+LOCAL-16815808.htm

Waaaa..Thanks bro for the info...something new i got ;learn today..

can u give more expalination...why M54B28 its more realiable other than M43 bro?

its less cost maintanance same like M43?..or its less headache to maintain M54 other than N42

hope all sifus and frenz can share the idea and experience on BMW :wink:

anaksarawak;769800 said:
E39 525 are very affordable now, should consider going for "5" as it range RM30K-RM80K

yup you are right but the part cost double from e46. but if nak pakai why not...welcome to the club

anaksarawak;769800 said:

Mtigo;769806 said:
yup you are right but the part cost double from e46. but if nak pakai why not...welcome to the club

Thanks for sharing the idea bro..yeah its more affortable to buy this "5" siries..:cool:

but i just like a sporty and compact looks design car..thats why i choose E46..:smokin:

Top Bottom