Lost control on the raining day!

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
OSFlanker;229904 said:
Coz we were trained in the same Kookaburra Performance Driving Class!

quite right!!:D
when will we ever have another one of those again??

ah lian;229905 said:
quite right!!:D
when will we ever have another one of those again??

Just over the weekend I was talking to a prominent advance driving instructor and a private session may happen. Invited guests only, by phone ;)

The two of you please get a room and let others get on with this thread.... thanks. :rolleyes:

330i

keN330;229739 said:
U Guys must be speeding fast ya or fitted semi slicks tyres....

Actually Im just doing around 80kmh. Just exit main hiway to Guthrie Corridor...it happens at the 1st corner it self...grrrrrr....

captadam;229961 said:
Actually Im just doing around 80kmh. Just exit main hiway to Guthrie Corridor...it happens at the 1st corner it self...grrrrrr....

captadam, what do you mean "Its my 1st day on my 330i"? Is it a new car...E90? If so, very strange then...

OSFlanker;229901 said:
Jules would know this coz he was in the passenger seat of a FWD car that spun on demand at turn 7 of Sepang........

Turn 11, Mr OSF. Its Turn 11 - holey shiiiteee......!!!:p

OSFlanker;229901 said:
If you go into a corner too hot, your reaction may be to lift off the throttle, stomp on the brakes and steer into the corner. In some cars (FWD and RWD), this may cause liftoff oversteer due to the weight transfer loading the front tyres and no load on the rear tyres, causing the rear to be light.

A few years ago, I made this mistake on my Civic SiR around turn 3 in Sepang, flick the steering to get the tail to slide out into the turn, halfway into the turn, realized I overcooked the induced oversteer, counter steered, lift off the throttle (bad move), the rear caught the tarmac, and propelled my car to the direction of the countersteer, right into the grass and mud wall...

Shouldn't have lifted!! Hardly anyone looses it in that turn from what I was told... So much for my heroic move LOL.

captadam;229961 said:

By "Exit main hiway to Guthrie corridor"... do you mean exit NKVE at Bkt Jelutong and into Guthrie corridor? If so, then it is an slightly up slope left hand bank, 3 lane road which is quite grippy. One of my favs. Shouldnt tail out at 80kmh unless you aqua planed.

okow;230009 said:
By "Exit main hiway to Guthrie corridor"... do you mean exit NKVE at Bkt Jelutong and into Guthrie corridor? If so, then it is an slightly up slope left hand bank, 3 lane road which is quite grippy. One of my favs. Shouldnt tail out at 80kmh unless you aqua planed.

thats why whenever i pass the corner i see thin long marks on the road........looks like someone knee-dragged that corner alot.......:D :D

teejay;230036 said:
thats why whenever i pass the corner i see thin long marks on the road........looks like someone knee-dragged that corner alot.......:D :D

Hahaha...Teejay, my knee sliding days are over and yes, that and a few more fav corners and round-abouts were a special treat.
Better not hijack the thread before kena remand.

OMG, road building civil engineers and workshops are out to get us!!!!! Be afraid! Be very afraid!!!

Sorry to hear about your unfortunate event, thanks for sharing and giving us a reminder that nor matter how uber your car might be, you still have to be careful while driving.

Top Bottom