Keen in E39

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
funfer_fahrer;400543 said:
In the mean time, please don't forget to let me know if you come across really nice M5 E39. No E60 please.

O.k happy hunting

funfer_fahrer;400392 said:
Mine is a 2001 Japan spec, full spec. Depending on the spec I would say between RM100K to RM110K. Price still high because this is the most sought after E39 unlike 528 or 530. Normally, people won't sell once they own it.
couldn't agree less with you as this car is really good

bmw7833;400511 said:
U done a lot to the car but u still plan to sell it? :eek:

maybe looking at another project...:wink:

but power has got to be equivalent if not better...:stupid::stupid::stupid:

Bro, wanna share more details on your ride ie mileage ,model, year manu, etc and more pictures maybe. Might be interested,Thanks.

how does the e39 compare to the 34? is the consumption very much better than the M50 engines? 525 vs 525 that is...tx

My E34 520 from KL to Ipoh fuel is Rm50, them my E34 525i from KL to Ipoh also Rm50, then my E39 528i from KL to Ipoh also Rm50.....hmmmmm........???

integramania;401325 said:
how does the e39 compare to the 34? is the consumption very much better than the M50 engines? 525 vs 525 that is...tx

good car to keep. it will last till 15year or ,more on his prestige and power..believe it regards tq vm dan

Apek Cina;402154 said:
My E34 520 from KL to Ipoh fuel is Rm50, them my E34 525i from KL to Ipoh also Rm50, then my E39 528i from KL to Ipoh also Rm50.....hmmmmm........???

It's all relative, depending on the speed & how the car is driven.

50 bucks for 200km is about 13.9L / 100km - you're probably flooring it on the highway.

At average cruising speeds (120-140kph) on the highway, getting < 8L / 100km is easy.

RIKI;400349 said:
Lately I have been attracted to E39 and and been reading how good it is even compared to E60.
Where should I start in looking for one? Thinking of spending about 80 to 90k. Would this be enough to get a 525?
Any members thinking of selling one in a very good condition?
Sorry about the naive questions? Just starting to explore the possibilities

:angel:

For the amount of budget you have, you could easily get a nice E39. There are plenty to choose from since there are so many on the market.

As comparing to the E60, I have to say that the E60 is quite a bit nicer than the E39. I confirmed this when I rode my friend's 2005 525i a few weeks ago. But the E60 is also a lot more expensive, plus I heard( but cannot confirm this) the E60 has a few niggling problems yet to be rectified by BMW.

If you can afford the road tax, I highly recommend the 528i. It has a significant torque advantage over the 525i which is actually useable on the road. I got my E39 528i('96 model) last October and I love it to death.

care to share your rides pictures? it inspiring me. I am also looking for E39 but relatively new to continental car. So i give myself a year to learn about E39 before i own one.

it's my goal to get a e39 m54b25 m-sport in the next couple of years, once i've milked the juice from my e34...heheh. i read in a bmw magazine that it can keep up with its larger displacement sibling on the twisty bits, and also quicker revving...just the sort of qualities to make my day...

bmw4eva;403004 said:
For the amount of budget you have, you could easily get a nice E39. There are plenty to choose from since there are so many on the market.

As comparing to the E60, I have to say that the E60 is quite a bit nicer than the E39. I confirmed this when I rode my friend's 2005 525i a few weeks ago. But the E60 is also a lot more expensive, plus I heard( but cannot confirm this) the E60 has a few niggling problems yet to be rectified by BMW.

If you can afford the road tax, I highly recommend the 528i. It has a significant torque advantage over the 525i which is actually useable on the road. I got my E39 528i('96 model) last October and I love it to death.

I am thinking of getting the last batch of E39 ( 2002/2003?) . Anyone know what is the reasonable price now? I hope it has dropped somewhat. What sort of financing can I expect?

Just applied loan with Public Bank. Provided you've got a good record etc, you should be looking at around 3.1% to 3.2% interest.

e39

bro Riki,
just joined the e39 fraternity about 3 weeks ago......and i tell you i have been enjoying every day that i drive the car to wherever.......

was with the e34 for 10 good years and now the e39 is affordable and invitingly nice to own,so i moved :love:

mine's a '97 m52b28...lurve the smoothness,good handling and the more refined ride compared to the e34.the electronics.......whoaaa........:stupid:

rm 2k spent at the first visit to the shop :

1. both rear bearings chg - howling sound with speed
2. both rear lower arm bushings - car skips at roar unevenness during cornering
3. front brake pads - 80% worn
4. oil pressure switch - leaking
5. oil filter housing O ring - leaking
6. spark plugs - slight wear
7. both belts - slight cracking
8. routine oil filter and oil change plus diagnostics

Other than that the car is in good shape,looking at all the arms and bushings front and rear and lucky me there are no other external leaks.have had the opportunity to get acquinted with the car during weekends and at nights after work and the car looks pretty good.....:top:

for those who are contemplating....just do it

good for you man.....do enjoy your ride. if not mistken for a 97 E39 the price you pay shoud be btw 60-69k right?

moots;405512 said:
bro Riki,
just joined the e39 fraternity about 3 weeks ago......and i tell you i have been enjoying every day that i drive the car to wherever.......

was with the e34 for 10 good years and now the e39 is affordable and invitingly nice to own,so i moved :love:

mine's a '97 m52b28...lurve the smoothness,good handling and the more refined ride compared to the e34.the electronics.......whoaaa........:stupid:

rm 2k spent at the first visit to the shop :

1. both rear bearings chg - howling sound with speed
2. both rear lower arm bushings - car skips at roar unevenness during cornering
3. front brake pads - 80% worn
4. oil pressure switch - leaking
5. oil filter housing O ring - leaking
6. spark plugs - slight wear
7. both belts - slight cracking
8. routine oil filter and oil change plus diagnostics

Other than that the car is in good shape,looking at all the arms and bushings front and rear and lucky me there are no other external leaks.have had the opportunity to get acquinted with the car during weekends and at nights after work and the car looks pretty good.....:top:

for those who are contemplating....just do it

Buy buy E39 now very cheap lor even cheaper than E46 but feel a lot better.
Go for the highest cc u can afford. Damn I saw 1 E39 540 the other day. Somehow I feel mine very small:stupid:

e30 ownership

bro affan....hey long time no see.ya lor now onny maisep joining in the craze.whilst your goodself took the plunge 2 years back yes........?

plus side - it's so very much cheaper now........:top:.got mine for rm53k:love:

Top Bottom