e39 vs e60

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
No need to stop la bro. Just tapaued me straight away. Pls look back at yr previous post & pls do not be defensive. I've been very kind all this while even u've reply my post. My post was simple "my 528 can tapau E60 530 from standstill at 3rd gear". Its basically based on personal experience. Not a generalisation. In fact not being an ego I still apologize for my statement. No need to exaggerate la bro my car speedometer is only 240kmh & I don't hv the ball to reach that speed. & like I said too ur r welcome official TT & share yr valuable experience in motorsport to us & also join as member to contribute not only to the forum but also to BMWCM. Sorry ye brader wa bukan orang kaya or power. Itu pun cuma main2 test power kat traffic lite side by side on straight clear road until 3rd gear at 140kmh only & I'm sure E60 530 will tapau me at 5th gear. Again peace bro Teh Tarik on me if ur in JB. Again its not a challenge but to learn from some experience the speed of 320kmh:love:

P/S: Sorry if I use many time the word "Tapau" coz I always tapau nasi bungkus for lunch.

initialM;440976 said:
No need to stop la bro. Just tapaued me straight away. Pls look back at yr previous post & pls do not be defensive. I've been very kind all this while even u've reply my post. My post was simple "my 528 can tapau E60 530 from standstill at 3rd gear". Its basically based on personal experience. Not a generalisation. In fact not being an ego I still apologize for my statement. No need to exaggerate la bro my car speedometer is only 240kmh & I don't hv the ball to reach that speed. & like I said too ur r welcome official TT & share yr valuable experience in motorsport to us & also join as member to contribute not only to the forum but also to BMWCM. Sorry ye brader wa bukan orang kaya or power. Itu pun cuma main2 test power kat traffic lite side by side on straight clear road until 3rd gear at 140kmh only & I'm sure E60 530 will tapau me at 5th gear. Again peace bro Teh Tarik on me if ur in JB. Again its not a challenge but to learn from some experience the speed of 320kmh:love:

P/S: Sorry if I use many time the word "Tapau" coz I always tapau nasi bungkus for lunch.

When I meant been there,done that,I wasn't exaggerating my fren.You see,I'm a superbiker and a hardcore at that too.And those statistics in our world is the norm.not many cars even come close.Therefore,we do these on a regular basis(nevermind where la).while cars are great toys too,If you are aspiring to be a real power monger,you ought to take a ride on one these.It might even make the mighty M5 feel silly.(no offence meant here dear forumers).We are surely not here to compare riches my dear fren.Infact as I had mentioned,I have great admiration for people with such passion as yours but yeah,the word 'tapau' a bit too ganas la bro.While you sound apologetic,I still sense a little sarcasm when when you said and I quote'to learn from some experience the speed of 320kmh'.To give you an idea of what these machines can do between our legs..a 1 liter bike that weighs 170kg(approx) with 180bhp(dyno sheet to prove),tuned suspensions,a host of goodies and Brembo brakes(for good measures) and ohh,a rider to go with it = to sheer madness..don't you think?FYI the speedometers are digital and they top at 299kmh(don't believe anyone who tells you they saw 300 something on their speedo).The only way to know is to do the math by way of your rpm above 299kmh.Pm me if you want to know my personal best.You see,whilst all these 3rd gear and 5th gear thingy on these beautiful cars may impress most,it takes a lot to impress nuts like us.Your offer of teh tarik is very tempting and I would love to do that someday down the road and in return I would like to offer you the ride of your life on my humble machine and I promise you will past that final figure on your speedometer that you mentioned.Don't worry about the balls dept.Cheers.you are a good man.

Guna;440851 said:
Nice of you to come to his rescue but don't you think to claim to have TAPAU is a little non diplomatic?Over react?no la.Einstien's theory la.For every action there is an equal reaction.That's all.In anycase,chilll la.

rescue?? sorry i dun even know the bloke personally and i was just trying to calm things down...if that is an attempt to rescue him then sorry i am speechless...

what does tapau mean in relation to diplomatic??...it is just a non official street word used to describe an act when someone overtook some other in a vehicle while participating in a direct or indirect competitive nature of act....i do not think this word is that harsh but for some ppl with extremely high ego and 'proudness' then it might be an issue...

to say 'make the mighty M5 feel silly' is more undiplomatic than the word tapau...

anyway the thread here is about e39 vs e60...so lets not talk about bikes and who tapau who...cheers

I think we have to realize that as long as BMW keep making better cars, it's all good. I have the same respect for folks driving a 520i or M5, they are both very solid cars except I might not envy the $$ spent in maintenance on an M5, but hey if you can afford it, go for it by all means!

This forum was created to share the passion from many BMW enthusiasts, THAT'S WHAT MATTERS!

Guna;440981 said:
When I meant been there,done that,I wasn't exaggerating my fren.You see,I'm a superbiker and a hardcore at that too.And those statistics in our world is the norm.not many cars even come close.Therefore,we do these on a regular basis(nevermind where la).while cars are great toys too,If you are aspiring to be a real power monger,you ought to take a ride on one these.It might even make the mighty M5 feel silly.(no offence meant here dear forumers).We are surely not here to compare riches my dear fren.Infact as I had mentioned,I have great admiration for people with such passion as yours but yeah,the word 'tapau' a bit too ganas la bro.While you sound apologetic,I still sense a little sarcasm when when you said and I quote'to learn from some experience the speed of 320kmh'.To give you an idea of what these machines can do between our legs..a 1 liter bike that weighs 170kg(approx) with 180bhp(dyno sheet to prove),tuned suspensions,a host of goodies and Brembo brakes(for good measures) and ohh,a rider to go with it = to sheer madness..don't you think?FYI the speedometers are digital and they top at 299kmh(don't believe anyone who tells you they saw 300 something on their speedo).The only way to know is to do the math by way of your rpm above 299kmh.Pm me if you want to know my personal best.You see,whilst all these 3rd gear and 5th gear thingy on these beautiful cars may impress most,it takes a lot to impress nuts like us.Your offer of teh tarik is very tempting and I would love to do that someday down the road and in return I would like to offer you the ride of your life on my humble machine and I promise you will past that final figure on your speedometer that you mentioned.Don't worry about the balls dept.Cheers.you are a good man.

Alamak bro no wonder lar ur superbiker. Normally If I saw superbike on highway I just give them a way. Thanks for the ride offer. I don't think I've nerve to experience that coz getting old la. To be frank I don even know how to ride a kapchai.:stupid:
Cars is my hobby & passion but only limit to my capacity. It took me long & hard way
& still long way to go compare to others in this forum. I'm just peanuts:listen:
Shall we back to the topic:top:

Joe Togak,

Sudah la tu, just enough ...... it is a waste of your time what you wrote here and this thread is all someone asking about e39 vs e60.
Next time if you wanna to put a comments find the thread which you are fimilar with the forumer. That is what the 'otai' like Ramsing, 535i, XXX, Zoggee and other are doing ... where they know that nobody will 'explode' even when they put a harsh remark. They don't waste time making a long comments on 'keyboard warrior' thread.
You see what happen when Kevster30 comment to someone threads 'macam nak gaduh' just because Kevster put a remark ... 'PLS get your fact right'. Melenting semacam mamat tu (rasenya kawan kamu budak tu, dari puak serpihan yang lain).

Guna,
One of the reason this club exist is to make friend with other BMW driver and joint the organised events. When you participate in any events like TT, you will meet most of the BMW enthusiast and could understand them better, how they talk, behave or gauge their behaviour.
For you information, most the enthusiast whom had participated Club events very seldom 'explode' like you are. InitialM never met T2ribena but both of them heard about each other during TT or other events they participateand from there they tald about

Moral of my story here is .... joint the club events actively to know other Members.

t2ribena;440985 said:
rescue?? sorry i dun even know the bloke personally and i was just trying to calm things down...if that is an attempt to rescue him then sorry i am speechless...

what does tapau mean in relation to diplomatic??...it is just a non official street word used to describe an act when someone overtook some other in a vehicle while participating in a direct or indirect competitive nature of act....i do not think this word is that harsh but for some ppl with extremely high ego and 'proudness' then it might be an issue...

to say 'make the mighty M5 feel silly' is more undiplomatic than the word tapau...

anyway the thread here is about e39 vs e60...so lets not talk about bikes and who tapau who...cheers

So,you want to get into the fray aswell?you guys seem to have a very similiar pattern la.I guess sometimes somethings need to be spelt out to some.

What does the word 'Tapau' got to do with diplomacy?Do you actually think for a guy who is used to racing doesn't know the meaning of the word 'Tapau'?It is NOT diplomatic to use such words in a public forum la,that's what I meant.Even the very person who started this has calm down and came to some kinda truce and now you pulak? Proudness? the right word here should be Pride.And yes,I am very proud of my ride and I'm sure just like how you are of your ride but I don't let these things run up to my head.Ego? ahh yes,that evil word.Being a man,most of us come born with it in various doses but thru education,upbringing and exposure,we learn to keep it in control just like our drive for many things in life.The very fact that you replied me in such a manner alone tells us that you have a fair dose of it too.

I have had quite a few PMs since this whole fracas started in support of what I had to say,Why did they PM me instead of just posting it here?coz they didnt think very highly of what you guys had to say and some of it wasn't very polite.I don't intend to compare a superbike with any car for that matter(coz there's just no comparison) and besides I have my hands full with an aray of bike forums that I'm currently active in.I was just trying to convey the kind of power that I am used to(and yes,we can still make the M5 feel silly).Again I was quick to point out that I meant no offence to M5 owners but just to give you and to all who are not initiated to the bike world,the kind of performance these machines have.

Again my friend,this is a public forum and we have no idea who could be on it and thus one has to be carefull with words.Maybe we should reserve the bahasa pasar for another kind of forum?

I was once told that in order to be old and wise,one has to be young and not so wise(diplomatic phrase)

I..... am old already

wah mr.ribena you nowadays very terror ah...masuk sini kena tembak masuk sana kena tapau..ehh sorry tembak...kakkakakka

Guna;441161 said:
So,you want to get into the fray aswell?you guys seem to have a very similiar pattern la.I guess sometimes somethings need to be spelt out to some.

What does the word 'Tapau' got to do with diplomacy?Do you actually think for a guy who is used to racing doesn't know the meaning of the word 'Tapau'?It is NOT diplomatic to use such words in a public forum la,that's what I meant.Even the very person who started this has calm down and came to some kinda truce and now you pulak? Proudness? the right word here should be Pride.And yes,I am very proud of my ride and I'm sure just like how you are of your ride but I don't let these things run up to my head.Ego? ahh yes,that evil word.Being a man,most of us come born with it in various doses but thru education,upbringing and exposure,we learn to keep it in control just like our drive for many things in life.The very fact that you replied me in such a manner alone tells us that you have a fair dose of it too.

I have had quite a few PMs since this whole fracas started in support of what I had to say,Why did they PM me instead of just posting it here?coz they didnt think very highly of what you guys had to say and some of it wasn't very polite.I don't intend to compare a superbike with any car for that matter(coz there's just no comparison) and besides I have my hands full with an aray of bike forums that I'm currently active in.I was just trying to convey the kind of power that I am used to(and yes,we can still make the M5 feel silly).Again I was quick to point out that I meant no offence to M5 owners but just to give you and to all who are not initiated to the bike world,the kind of performance these machines have.

Again my friend,this is a public forum and we have no idea who could be on it and thus one has to be carefull with words.Maybe we should reserve the bahasa pasar for another kind of forum?

I was once told that in order to be old and wise,one has to be young and not so wise(diplomatic phrase)

I..... am old already

Honestly you need to chill a bit and as a newbie in this forum you should be making friends NOT arguing with the regular members. Fyi i know both t2ribena and initialM ... Both of them are top notch peeps in my book and i respect them highly. I will however reserve my judgement about you since i've never met you. Like Jyazid said come to TT and chill out with the members.

B33mEr;441205 said:
Honestly you need to chill a bit and as a newbie in this forum you should be making friends NOT arguing with the regular members. Fyi i know both t2ribena and initialM ... Both of them are top notch peeps in my book and i respect them highly. I will however reserve my judgement about you since i've never met you. Like Jyazid said come to TT and chill out with the members.

Honestly,I'm not here to gather animosity either.Niether am I looking to be judged by you or anyone else for that matter.Being a newbie doesn't make us any lesser,does it?Or does being a regular make one superior?I'm sure both t2ribena and initialM are wonderful people but I have been trying to make my point not blindly but with a very lengthy explanation.It's getting difficult to chill with people trying to judge you.Tell you what guys,I think I'd leave your guys to your little fraternity coz I get a strange feeling that I don't fit in here.And again,I suggest you drop this coz I seem to be really turning into a keyboard Champ.Yikes!

aiseh. tapao also can buat story.
next time go mamak use bungkus. scare the ah neh tapao me.

:eek: this is thread hijacking oledi.. :68::D kesian datsunnismo can't get his answer :( since kena hijack oledi , i also hijack lah )

Come to Private Track day laaaa 10 AUG... there can settle .... :D

Cabutzzzzzz :creep::creep:

before "cabut"ting.. I m sure i have read a lot of other tapau stories in this forum.. and it is all there is to it, STORIES.. nothing be worked up about... no one has ever had anything to prove to anyone .. NOTHING to be won..

.. jangan mare..nanti kena juallllll...

Now CABUTZZZZZZ again..:driver::bike:

:67:

OK let's get back to topic. I am driving an E39. So, maybe I am biased. It was the world's best car and for the time being it is the world's best second hand car. Easy to maintain, you can buy the spare parts everywhere. About the E60? Hmmm...lets' see...when I mention the idea of upgrading to E60 to my service advisor in AB here's the answer - "Apa pasal mau upgrade? Itu E39 ada bagi problem ka? Tak sayang duit ka? E60 sikit-sikit mau kena reprogram, sikit-sikit engine stall. Software tak stable. Kalau E60 masuk workshop, saya sudah tau apa dia punya sakit. Mesti mau kena reprogram. Tak boleh reprogram kalu kasi tukar itu enjin la. Apa mau buat? Saya ada satu customer, dia E39 pun ada, E60 pun ada. E60 selalu simpan di rumah. Untuk show saja. Mau pergi jalan-jalan makan angin kalu, itu E39 juga dia cari. Dia pun mula-mula ingat mau jual dia punya E39, tapi saya cakap jangan jual lagi. Nanti menyesal. Nasib baik dia ikut saya punya advice."

go for 39 e 39 e 39.. i hate my e 60 keep in the house with my c200 k under the plastic wrappers for 7months... e 39

Drive both e39 & e60 before. Owned 2003 E39 2.2l. After drive both car, feel that e39 more solid espeacially high speed in highway. E39 more stable when over 180km/hr but E60 feel abit floating compare with E39 but of course much more better than japaness car. E60 have a better pick up with the same M54 2.2l engine. I never try the top speed for E60 before. but i try mine e39 & can go up to 230km/hr (not sure whether it is the max?). Anyone try above 230km/hr??

Wow! Missed out on some great debates.. heheh.. my turn.. :p

Between E39 and E60? My missy will divorce me if I get an E39 over the E60 :p , given both are affordable choices.. :D

I simply adore the E30 //M3 and that doesn't mean its better than the E92 //M3 in all aspects, roadtax for one, is a lot cheaper than E92 //M3.. :p Never driven both though, maybe I dislike both after test drive. Who knows?!

This debate is no difference than comparison between Merc and BMW, or Camry vs Accord, never end!

When I was contemplating which 3-series to get, I ask my foreman. He told me to get the 1.9L E46. A lot lesser electronics. So same thing here between E39 vs E60.

In short, both are great cars and since you guys are at it, what about F10? :D :D No? E60 better than F10? :D :D

anyway the e60 is a revolution in the 5sili product range from the E39...so it is harder to compare and subjected to never ending comparison...at the end of the day it is to ones liking...

F10 should be an evolution of the E60 so lets wait and see by how far the evolution is...

Mr.Ribena

...but u from another planet u ...instead of go forward u go backwards...from E60 to E39...the economic crisis got you ah?...go ask daddy for stimulus packagelah....

Top Bottom