Keen in E39

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

RIKI

Club Guest
Lately I have been attracted to E39 and and been reading how good it is even compared to E60.Where should I start in looking for one? Thinking of spending about 80 to 90k. Would this be enough to get a 525?Any members thinking of selling one in a very good condition?Sorry about the naive questions? Just starting to explore the possibilities:angel:

E39 is a good choice. I don't think I need to elaborate further. It's a bit difficult to find an E39 in that price range but, you'll never know. Find a good original M5 E39 and I'll sell my 525 to you.

funfer_fahrer;400351 said:
E39 is a good choice. I don't think I need to elaborate further. It's a bit difficult to find an E39 in that price range but, you'll never know. Find a good original M5 E39 and I'll sell my 525 to you.

What year is your 525?
What price range are we talking about? for 2001-2002 models?

RIKI;400357 said:
What year is your 525?
What price range are we talking about? for 2001-2002 models?

Mine is a 2001 Japan spec, full spec. Depending on the spec I would say between RM100K to RM110K. Price still high because this is the most sought after E39 unlike 528 or 530. Normally, people won't sell once they own it.

funfer_fahrer;400351 said:

Wah! Bro funfer, willing to jual you punya e39, upgrade aar, Bro?

why is 525i the most sought after? anyway, if ur looking for M5 E39 pm me i'll tell you the number plate of a guy who has it. then u go find him and ask if he wanna sell :)

funfer_fahrer;400392 said:
Mine is a 2001 Japan spec, full spec. Depending on the spec I would say between RM100K to RM110K. Price still high because this is the most sought after E39 unlike 528 or 530. Normally, people won't sell once they own it.

bro,
Your price range appeared to be "sikit susah" now! Just take a look at the Star Classified, year 2002-2003 E39 525i (M54 engine), price is averaging RM 100-110k:eek:

Jerman;400459 said:
bro,
Your price range appeared to be "sikit susah" now! Just take a look at the Star Classified, year 2002-2003 E39 525i (M54 engine), price is averaging RM 100-110k:eek:

Thanks Jerman for being real.:top:

Pls help him to check on other price range such as 530, 525 the most sought for? better price due to limited unit in the market?:stupid:

Once u drive E39, U dun know what other average car to drive. Go for higher cc u can afford. No replacement for displacement. If still not enuff get an M5(V8) or supercharge yr engine.:love:

azam318;400395 said:
Wah! Bro funfer, willing to jual you punya e39, upgrade aar, Bro?

Normally, I never plan for an upgrade. If it happens, it happens. If I plan it will never happen. My current ride supposed to be a honda accord anyway but ended up buying E39. I changed my decision from honda accord to E39 in less than an hour. If I managed to find a good, everything original M5 or when I don't have a good reason not to buy a good M5 then, I'll upgrade. (M5 wannabe like JYazid's ride doesn't count. Ha ha..) If I cannot find a good one, it's OK for the time being. No hurry. I still enjoy my ride.

jagmalhi;400447 said:
why is 525i the most sought after? anyway, if ur looking for M5 E39 pm me i'll tell you the number plate of a guy who has it. then u go find him and ask if he wanna sell :)

Because it is within most people's budget in terms of road tax, fuel consumption and maintenance. It is also an upgraded version of the 523 with new facelift. It also gives the best compromise between power, road tax and fuel consumption.:top:

Jerman;400459 said:
bro,

In that case, the price for M5 should drop also, right?

initialM;400476 said:
Once u drive E39, U dun know what other average car to drive. Go for higher cc u can afford. No replacement for displacement. If still not enuff get an M5(V8) or supercharge yr engine.:love:
Problem is, I still look for another E39. Is that good or bad?

funfer_fahrer;400485 said:
Normally, I never plan for an upgrade. If it happens, it happens. If I plan it will never happen. My current ride supposed to be a honda accord anyway but ended up buying E39. I changed my decision from honda accord to E39 in less than an hour. If I managed to find a good, everything original M5 or when I don't have a good reason not to buy a good M5 then, I'll upgrade. (M5 wannabe like JYazid's ride doesn't count. Ha ha..) If I cannot find a good one, it's OK for the time being. No hurry. I still enjoy my ride.

Alright then.. Anytime you feel like letting go your 525, let me know.
:top:

RIKI;400539 said:
Alright then.. Anytime you feel like letting go your 525, let me know.
:top:

In the mean time, please don't forget to let me know if you come across really nice M5 E39. No E60 please.

funfer_fahrer;400543 said:
In the mean time, please don't forget to let me know if you come across really nice M5 E39. No E60 please.

O.k happy hunting

Top Bottom