Ingress Auto - Fast Lane experience

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

E46Fanatic

Club Guest
So, I checked my oil level this morning and for the first time see the indicator 3/4 mark to the max instead of max. I have another 12k kms on the OBC to go till my scheduled oil change, so I decided it was time to do the precautionary change which was due (~10k kms interval). I was deciding of buying Mobil 1 and doing it at Stuttgart, but thought, maybe I'll try IA's new Fast Lane concept service. Its basically a "pit stop" concept. Got there at 12pm around lunch time, and I was out by 1:15pm! Not bad at all, and the best part is that they did the change right in front through the glass windows in the showroom. I really like to see how much care and detail is put to the service, and since it was through glass doors in clear view, they were extremely careful and professional throughout the whole process (no monkeying behind closed workshop doors heh). They inspected the car all round first, and topped up radiator fluid, washer fluid, check tyre pressures, plugged in the diagnostics and event check the torque tightening of the lug bolts on the wheels. There was a total of 4 guys swarming over the car doing their thing which made it look really like a F1 pitstop heh. Overall, I think they did a fantastic job, extremely careful and detailed. Although I only wanted a simple oil change, they did a complimentary multi point check for me and top up. Best part was it was all done in 1 hr over lunch. Can't get that kinda turnaround in any AB outlets from my years servicing there and the car is always taken behind to the workshop out of view. So, Fast lane concept is awesome in my opinion. I just hope they can scale the speed and service when more customers come in for svc. It was relatively quiet when I got there although there were 2 other cars going through fast lane svc.

I believe its 6.5L of oil and an oil filter? So what was the damage to your wallet? and how do u like the Syntium 3000? Any feedback?

That's a great review. I will certainly consider going there for my servicing!

I experienced similar servicing at Daimler Chrysler @ Mutiara Damansara where the service advisor met me at the front gate after I called him and was very impressed. I'm glad to know BMW is also stepping up the game with Ingress!

astroboy;316430 said:
I believe its 6.5L of oil and an oil filter? So what was the damage to your wallet? and how do u like the Syntium 3000? Any feedback?

Total bill was Rm622 which is slightly more (~100) than if I would have done it at Stuttgart I think. But the svc records are with the dealer and BMW malaysia in case I need to claim major warranties for the N52 in the future, I figured its worth it heh.

The new oil makes the engine a lot "lighter" feeling and more responsive for sure. When the old oil was drained, it was very black and dark..heh

I think it's good for us there's a 3rd player now. :) Competition is the best thing and AB will have to buck up like C&C did a few years ago. AB is way too complacent. They haven't changed with the times.

E46F has now attested to their service setup. JPB, you said that you were going to the Ingress function in another post. What was your impression of their sales setup?

fantastic.. thx for the info.. now i knw where to take my car....

Well, I only dealt with their Deputy GM (En. Rabian) who is really passionate about providing the best service and this is clearly substantiated by their facilities. The level of equipment, set-up etc is top notch and feels 20 years ahead of AB's service centers at Sg. Besi or Segambut. They go the extra mile such as waiters attend to you at the cafe area as opposed to self-service at other places. Their refreshments etc are specially catered from Bakerzin. I was also quite impressed with their Used Car section which is located in-doors in air-conditioned environment and the cars displayed as if they're spanking new. You should visit the place to get your own feel and I'm sure it would be a positive one.

If you're impressed JPB, it must be good! ;) I do intend to go have a look. I'm quite tired of AB service levels and overall feel, and agree that the feel at C&C Mutiara is a world apart. Also like the fact that Ingress is in Mutiara. That's a nice area to go to, easily reached via Penchala tunnel.

Did they have any new E90s stock?

Urm... a bit off topic here. Juz want to ask if it's ok to only change engine oil, but re-use back the same oil filter? Cos that's what my SA did when I sent in the car for an engine oil change (at my own cost) last Saturday, he said the oil filter can be re-used until the next free service - another 10,000 kms from now.

E46Fanatic;316448 said:
Total bill was Rm622 which is slightly more (~100) than if I would have done it at Stuttgart I think. But the svc records are with the dealer and BMW malaysia in case I need to claim major warranties for the N52 in the future, I figured its worth it heh.

The new oil makes the engine a lot "lighter" feeling and more responsive for sure. When the old oil was drained, it was very black and dark..heh

RM622 just for an engine oil change? I paid less than RM200 for an engine oil change at my dealer last weekend, they were using Castol Edge 5w-40. They only charged me for the engine oil, labour charge was free.

Nice to hear that now we have a 3rd alternative to service our bimmers from BMW dealers. I do hope AB will buck up (even though I have a feeling that they won't) with stiffer competition. Since my 4-potter is due for an oil change soon, may want to pay them a visit. Anybody can give some directions on how to get there?

GHS;316525 said:
RM622 just for an engine oil change? I paid less than RM200 for an engine oil change at my dealer last weekend, they were using Castol Edge 5w-40. They only charged me for the engine oil, labour charge was free.

Thats dirt cheap man. Was it an authorized BMW dealer or 3rd party mech? The 4 potters take 4 ltrs while the 6 potters 6.5 ltrs, so a 6 pot oil svc will always cost more. I was informed that all labor and parts rates across all authorized BMW dealers e.g. SA, AB and IA are the same and standardized.

If its 3rd party outside, get your oil source from a reputable source as there are tons of imitation synthetic oils out there which will likely destroy your engine if run for the 25k kms svc intervals heh.

rookie;316558 said:
Nice to hear that now we have a 3rd alternative to service our bimmers from BMW dealers. I do hope AB will buck up (even though I have a feeling that they won't) with stiffer competition. Since my 4-potter is due for an oil change soon, may want to pay them a visit. Anybody can give some directions on how to get there?

Coming from Damansara on LDP, after pass by 1Utama, towards Kepong, take the 3rd left exit (Damasara Perdana), once exited keep right go under the bridge but don't u-turn. Once u under the bridge, keep left and drive straight into a winding kampung road. Turn right at a T-junction and proceed forward. Ingress should the the first building on your left. Next building is Mofaz, follow by Honda show room, all facing LDP..

Hope this help!

E46Fanatic;316794 said:
Thats dirt cheap man. Was it an authorized BMW dealer or 3rd party mech? The 4 potters take 4 ltrs while the 6 potters 6.5 ltrs, so a 6 pot oil svc will always cost more. I was informed that all labor and parts rates across all authorized BMW dealers e.g. SA, AB and IA are the same and standardized.

If its 3rd party outside, get your oil source from a reputable source as there are tons of imitation synthetic oils out there which will likely destroy your engine if run for the 25k kms svc intervals heh.

Yeah it's the only authorized BMW dealer in Malacca - Seong Hoe Premium Motors Sdn Bhd. Yup for mine it was about 4+ ltrs.

What engine oil did IA give you? I got Castrol Edge 5w-40, which I assume is full synth?

Btw, juz want to confirm if it's ok to only change engine oil, but re-use back the same oil filter? Cos that's what my SA did when I sent in the car for an engine oil change (at my own cost) last Sat, he said the oil filter can be re-used until the next free service - another 10,000 kms from now.

astroboy;316798 said:
Coming from Damansara on LDP, after pass by 1Utama, towards Kepong, take the 3rd left exit (Damasara Perdana), once exited keep right go under the bridge but don't u-turn. Once u under the bridge, keep left and drive straight into a winding kampung road. Turn right at a T-junction and proceed forward. Ingress should the the first building on your left. Next building is Mofaz, follow by Honda show room, all facing LDP..

Hope this help!

astroboy, for those coming from Penchala Link it should be the first left turn immediately at the exit ramp before you join up with LDP right? Its more of like a u-turn that will bring you below the overhead bridge into DP.

loafer;316862 said:
astroboy, for those coming from Penchala Link it should be the first left turn immediately at the exit ramp before you join up with LDP right? Its more of like a u-turn that will bring you below the overhead bridge into DP.

You're correct! korek! korek!

Brothers,

Will Ingress service AB cars that are still under warranty? I find my timing is a little off. Those guys in AB did not give the car a good run thru' when they delivered my pre-own unit.

GHS;316809 said:
Yeah it's the only authorized BMW dealer in Malacca - Seong Hoe Premium Motors Sdn Bhd. Yup for mine it was about 4+ ltrs.

What engine oil did IA give you? I got Castrol Edge 5w-40, which I assume is full synth?

Btw, juz want to confirm if it's ok to only change engine oil, but re-use back the same oil filter? Cos that's what my SA did when I sent in the car for an engine oil change (at my own cost) last Sat, he said the oil filter can be re-used until the next free service - another 10,000 kms from now.

Thats a good deal for sure. If you were to buy 4 ltrs of Synthium 3000 outside it already costs RM199. What is interesting is that labor is foc for your case. Need to check that cars under Svc Inclusive are entitled to free labor for precautionary oil changes, or it was just a really friendly dealer u have there heh. IA uses Petronas Synthium 3000 and charges Rm75 per liter.

IN terms of the filter, yes you should change it with an oil change, as the filter is filthy and contaminated, and diminishes the goodness of fresh oil in the crankcase as it will also contaminate the new oil. Still wont be as bad as no oil change tho :).

manu3116m;316995 said:
Brothers,

Will Ingress service AB cars that are still under warranty? I find my timing is a little off. Those guys in AB did not give the car a good run thru' when they delivered my pre-own unit.

The warranty is provided by BMW Malaysia, so yea, any authorized BMW dealer will honor the warranty and svc the car for you :).

GHS;316809 said:

Strongly recommend to change the oil filter as well. No point just change the oil and then the filter is dirty. Just change the filter together with oil change.

Top Bottom