My Ingress Auto experience

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
Yeah, looks like its down.

They seem to be doing a good job out there, they need to get their cyberworld up & running soon.

I went to Ingress for warranty claim as a result of viewing the positive comments in this thread. I just wish to add that: it's true. Great, friendly, prompt service.

AB made me feel like they're doing me an unwilling favor selling me a car and maintaining it. AB made me wait forever in queue. At Ingress, I felt appreciated as a customer.

From who will you get your next BMW?

my BMW experience thus far.

bought my 1-series from ex-BMW authorized dealer in ampang. the car was originally from another authorized BMW dealer in Penang...confusing.

anyway, the car still have 2.5 yrs warranty. the engine oil level appeared. So, called the BMW service and they came within an hour. Just needed a small top up....cost RM70. when the guy test drove the car, he noticed that the steering was 'heavy'. so, he suggested that I send to the SC for checking. He also said that I need to insist that they check, because normally, people in SC don't bother to check/trouble shoot if customer made complaint.

So I went to SC in Sg Besi. true enough, they guy(SA) there reluctant to check it. Since my car was not purchased there, he made a hoo-haa, this that la, car not registered, ask for so many documents, bla bla, before went ahead & checked the problem. true enough, after left for 1 day, he said no problem. I got fed-up and left. so, do not know whether there is a problem or not with my heavy steering...may be so used to light honda steering.

anyway, on 1 sunday, the glove compartment got jammed. my house key was inside it. so no choice, but to drive to nearest SC, SApura Auto Jln Tun Razak....after previous experience, forget Sg besi branch. from they key, they get all the info about the car & owner....no need documents bla bla like Sg Besi branch requested me before. they service without prejudiced whether you buy the car from them or not. very caring people there, except that after 2 weeks, they forgot to order the parts, supposed to come from Germany. Till today, still waiting....4 weeks gone. No hoo-haaa...check everything for free since under warranty.

another story. for few days, my flat tyre indicator lit up. check pressure & pump sir, reset ok. decided to send to Sapura Auto again. a service advisor, lady, attended my problem. they checked and said only lost slight pressure. before I left I told them, how can the tyre pressure lost everyday, even after I add-on pressure. The girl mouth just drop...i know they didn't check properly. anyway, since waited for 1 hour for that, i just left...by the way, got free car & engine wash. She also insisted that I service my car, although my car is due for service in 3/09 or another 4000km...what a crap advice.

Went back and checked the suspected tyre and I found a punch-thru nail. I could have sent to any tyre shop, but I decided to go back to Sapura Auto. I told the girl again, I thot you checked the tyre yesterday? she was embarrased & straight away rectify the problem. The

So, between the 2 SCs, I found out that their attitude was the same when come to trouble shoot problem. I guess they are more interested in routine type of maintenance...less headache I guess. But Sapura auto people showed more care. that's why I decided to continue to service with them because closer to home....wish Ingress in nearby. better work with the devil that you know, than the devil that you don't know!

sorry guys, long story...but that's BMW service from my experience...BAD!

vikes;344369 said:

bought my 1-series from ex-BMW authorized dealer in ampang. the car was originally from another authorized BMW dealer in Penang...confusing.

anyway, the car still have 2.5 yrs warranty. the engine oil level appeared. So, called the BMW service and they came within an hour. Just needed a small top up....cost RM70. when the guy test drove the car, he noticed that the steering was 'heavy'. so, he suggested that I send to the SC for checking. He also said that I need to insist that they check, because normally, people in SC don't bother to check/trouble shoot if customer made complaint.

So I went to SC in Sg Besi. true enough, they guy(SA) there reluctant to check it. Since my car was not purchased there, he made a hoo-haa, this that la, car not registered, ask for so many documents, bla bla, before went ahead & checked the problem. true enough, after left for 1 day, he said no problem. I got fed-up and left. so, do not know whether there is a problem or not with my heavy steering...may be so used to light honda steering.

anyway, on 1 sunday, the glove compartment got jammed. my house key was inside it. so no choice, but to drive to nearest SC, SApura Auto Jln Tun Razak....after previous experience, forget Sg besi branch. from they key, they get all the info about the car & owner....no need documents bla bla like Sg Besi branch requested me before. they service without prejudiced whether you buy the car from them or not. very caring people there, except that after 2 weeks, they forgot to order the parts, supposed to come from Germany. Till today, still waiting....4 weeks gone. No hoo-haaa...check everything for free since under warranty.

another story. for few days, my flat tyre indicator lit up. check pressure & pump sir, reset ok. decided to send to Sapura Auto again. a service advisor, lady, attended my problem. they checked and said only lost slight pressure. before I left I told them, how can the tyre pressure lost everyday, even after I add-on pressure. The girl mouth just drop...i know they didn't check properly. anyway, since waited for 1 hour for that, i just left...by the way, got free car & engine wash. She also insisted that I service my car, although my car is due for service in 3/09 or another 4000km...what a crap advice.

Went back and checked the suspected tyre and I found a punch-thru nail. I could have sent to any tyre shop, but I decided to go back to Sapura Auto. I told the girl again, I thot you checked the tyre yesterday? she was embarrased & straight away rectify the problem. The

So, between the 2 SCs, I found out that their attitude was the same when come to trouble shoot problem. I guess they are more interested in routine type of maintenance...less headache I guess. But Sapura auto people showed more care. that's why I decided to continue to service with them because closer to home....wish Ingress in nearby. better work with the devil that you know, than the devil that you don't know!

Thanks for sharing your experience. I happen to be lucky cos Ingress is much nearer to my place. But, having to make so many trips and endure the hassles you did, it might have been worthwhile to make that trip down to Ingress after all. Besides, Ingress has a courtesy X3 which they use to take you 1U or The Curve, so you can even do something else while waiting for your car. Their routine service takes 1-2 hours and most here have even elected to wait at the show room with internet access and goodies from Bakerzin.

vikes;344369 said:

Thanks for sharing your experience! I must say though the hassle and time wasted could well have justified making the trip to Ingress after all. I hear that Ingress can turn around a routine service in less than 2 hours, so simple problems like yours could have even taken less time. They do provide a service to drop you off at 1U or The Curve so you can pass the time doing something else. Even then, most here have elected to wait at the showroom with good amenities for you to pass the time.

Sorry guys to chip into this old thread. Just dropping by w/out proper intro. Had problem with low oil level in my 323i today and decided to call the number in the iDrive. Surprisingly it was Ingress. Was told to come over. Arrived there and to my surprise I was told my car should have been serviced at 10K (now around 13K). Immediately had me slotted for service this Monday and all cost borne by Ingress. My SA at AB Glemmarie adamantly said no such thing service at 10K and not covered under BSRI. AB Glenmarie and SA Rachel there sucks big time. If only Ingress was around during my previous beemer....So don't bother go to AB (Glenmarie especially), Ingress will do wonders with any of your Beemer needs.

raft;417548 said:
Sorry guys to chip into this old thread. Just dropping by w/out proper intro. Had problem with low oil level in my 323i today and decided to call the number in the iDrive. Surprisingly it was Ingress. Was told to come over. Arrived there and to my surprise I was told my car should have been serviced at 10K (now around 13K). Immediately had me slotted for service this Monday and all cost borne by Ingress. My SA at AB Glemmarie adamantly said no such thing service at 10K and not covered under BSRI. AB Glenmarie and SA Rachel there sucks big time. If only Ingress was around during my previous beemer....So don't bother go to AB (Glenmarie especially), Ingress will do wonders with any of your Beemer needs.

my 325 had the same issue as you. low oil warning at 12k. i refilled about 1L then head to AB but was turn away saying its normal with out even lifting their hands to do some check or diagnosis !@#@$!@@. then i happened to be at ingress over the weekend with a friend and when i told them my oil issue, they just take care of it and give it a real good look through and oil change. no charge and under warranty. :top::top::top:

My 2007 320 is already 22k km 17months old... SC still refuse to take her in for 1st BSRI service.. even Ingress.. :(

go for a long journey this weekend loo. go to johor n come back. mayb ur 1st oil change warning lamp will light up. hehe

Wahh

all the good things about ingress auto, but none of u guys bought ur car from them...pity them had to clean auto bavaria's shit.

Okay mah, they don't service and cleaning shits for free ma.. even under BSRI or warranty, they claim every single cent for their part and labor from BMW Malaysia.

been sending my 1er to Ingress. Gotta say great ppl and great service. Planning to order BMW Performance Parts from them too, but hella expensive.

is it a 135i? dun forget 2 also get d performance steering as well. n make sure d steering comes with d pedal shift. it matches all of d carbon fiber strips in d interrior plus d functions of d steering wheel itself makes u wanna go FASTER~

..unfortunately its not. I wish tho. its just a 116i. Planning to keep it for ages (like those classic E36 peeps) so am going to 'invest' in the car.

Dont really care what ppl say about spending a lot of money on such a base model. Im gonna get an M3 in the future anyway.

yeah i agree.. ingress auto did a good job changing my windshield!.. no noise of leakage whatsoever! thumbs up!

Well done Ingress.

People to look for :

SA : Liew (very reliable and updating) *thumbs up*

ASM : Clement *very helpful, always puts himself in customer's shoes*

Thumbs up to you Ingress. Keep up the good work! : )

my experience is service in Ingress Auto seems to lacking after their SA getting the sales done.
My SA always promise to update me on my car status but all time end up it is me whose chasing for updating .
He dont even to bother to tell me if a certain document is lacking for my loan or when my car is suppose to deliver till i have to call him .
Honestly i felt like i am begging for the services more than i deserve it . Perhaps like u guys i shoulda bought from AB then service at IA :rolleyes:

Sync;578002 said:
my experience is service in Ingress Auto seems to lacking after their SA getting the sales done.
My SA always promise to update me on my car status but all time end up it is me whose chasing for updating .
He dont even to bother to tell me if a certain document is lacking for my loan or when my car is suppose to deliver till i have to call him .
Honestly i felt like i am begging for the services more than i deserve it . Perhaps like u guys i shoulda bought from AB then service at IA :rolleyes:

Hi Sync,

Perhaps you can PM me the SA name and I can help you to feedback your experience to the management there.

Thanks.

Top Bottom