Hiop ECU remap programs

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

nawtyboy

Club Guest
Guys, I found out the info frm this link : http://www.eurocarmotorsport.com/frame.htm The workshop is situated in Segambut purpotedly a Mini & UDM tuning expert that claimed to be able to increase the HP & Torque by doing ECU Remapping chart! The info I got for my E36 328 is they will be able to increase 328 HP from 193 to 205 while increase torque from 280 to 310! My questions are (in your opinion): 1. what are the possible causes/consequences that I can expect from this simple ECU re-map? (e.g. engine wear & tear due to straining the engine by tempering the stock standard ECU map? etc etc....) 2. would it damage / jeopardize the build-in engine diagnosis comes with 1998 E36 328? 3. any other areas of technical concern after the re-map? TQ for your kind opinions!

what year is ur e36?, only siemen's chip ( year 1996 and above) can do remap lah.

ECU Re-map

cppeng;306555 said:
what year is ur e36?, only siemen's chip ( year 1996 and above) can do remap lah.

my E36 328 is 1998, so i guess my ride can be re-mapped, rite?

does re-map mean 're-write' the programmd in the ECU and my concern is will this 're-map' jeapardize or mess-up the existing engine diagnostic built into the car?

it doesnt mess up any thing, it will give u more umph to make u hornier. U can call calvin tan @ 0192208328 of euromotorsport.

Is remapping has the same effect like installing the add on gadjet like E-Manage to our ECU? Really would like to know the difference between these two, so far only saw Proton or Japanese car iwth this e-manage thing.

Piggyback

zeedo;306705 said:
Is remapping has the same effect like installing the add on gadjet like E-Manage to our ECU? Really would like to know the difference between these two, so far only saw Proton or Japanese car iwth this e-manage thing.

yes, i need to know the different between re-map & piggyback too. (i assume what zeedo said about E-manage is equavelant to Piggyback)

What about personal experiences from anyone who's done this mod? It would be good to hear your objecrive views.

I have done the remap.
My car is E36 328i 1996. The remap is downloaded thru the car's diagnostic connection and the actual process takes less than 3 minutes.

The process is first your car's original map is copied and saved. The copy is sent to the remapper in HIOP Europe and he will do the remapping based on the mods that you have on your car. After 2-3 days, the new map will be sent back and then downloaded into your car.

First impressions, the car has more ommpphh and pickup from the get go. I also noticed, that there are no more flat spots across the entire rpm range. Since i have done the BBTB and other mods as well, i guess i see more benefit.

I say this bcos i have not yet sent the car for dyno. But the power/torque increase is evident. My suggestion, if you are planning to mod your car, mod it first, especially those mods related to air intake/exhaust/plugs. Then only remap.

Idling is normal/unaffected. A word of caution, a heavy right foot after doing the mods on an auto gearbox might lead to longshaft coupling issues...hahaha....:top:

maco5007;307192 said:
I have done the remap.
My car is E36 328i 1996. The remap is downloaded thru the car's diagnostic connection and the actual process takes less than 3 minutes.

The process is first your car's original map is copied and saved. The copy is sent to the remapper in HIOP Europe and he will do the remapping based on the mods that you have on your car. After 2-3 days, the new map will be sent back and then downloaded into your car.

First impressions, the car has more ommpphh and pickup from the get go. I also noticed, that there are no more flat spots across the entire rpm range. Since i have done the BBTB and other mods as well, i guess i see more benefit.

I say this bcos i have not yet sent the car for dyno. But the power/torque increase is evident. My suggestion, if you are planning to mod your car, mod it first, especially those mods related to air intake/exhaust/plugs. Then only remap.

Idling is normal/unaffected. A word of caution, a heavy right foot after doing the mods on an auto gearbox might lead to longshaft coupling issues...hahaha....:top:

This is exactly what our bro Ken330i did his e90 330i remap at Obermaier.

hiop remap

maco5007 tks a lt for your input! that is a really informative.

care to share how much the re-map cost? I m riding on E36 328 too...

I just got back from Obermaier and am quite sad to report that the HIOP re-map can't be done on my car (not yet anyways) cos my E92's '07 ECU is MVS-80 which BMW has encoded a bit more to prevent tampering. They did confirm what was discussed in another thread that my 323i can be upgraded to 231 bhp since it is an identical engine to the E90 325i which they managed to up to that level. Most local E90s even up to 2007 comes with MVS-70 ECU which can be re-mapped. Just wondering among you E90 folks if you've done it.

nawtyboy, I can go to the euromotosport segambut this saturday. Thinking of putting the k&n filter so can ask about the remap cost. Itchy also to do it for my 318i N42.

zeedo;307473 said:
nawtyboy, I can go to the euromotosport segambut this saturday. Thinking of putting the k&n filter so can ask about the remap cost. Itchy also to do it for my 318i N42.

Hey Zeedo, while you're there, can you ask dear Calvin how much he charge for K&N drop-in filter for E90. There's a group buy list of people he knows, about 5 sets so far.

zeedo;307473 said:

honestly is there any point in remapping a 318i? Would have thought bang for your buck would be somewhat limted.

Just my opinion, of course its your money blah blah blah :top:

Juan, sure...I'll ask him for the group purchase price, I checked at Eneos One Utama it is RM350(bought for my Waja also at the same price).

On the remapping ECU for 318, if I decided to do it later on I'll share the result. So the experiment wil be on me...huhuhuhu..unless anybody already did it before and wouldlike to share the experience.

Juan Powerblow;307471 said:
I just got back from Obermaier and am quite sad to report that the HIOP re-map can't be done on my car (not yet anyways) cos my E92's '07 ECU is MVS-80 which BMW has encoded a bit more to prevent tampering. They did confirm what was discussed in another thread that my 323i can be upgraded to 231 bhp since it is an identical engine to the E90 325i which they managed to up to that level. Most local E90s even up to 2007 comes with MVS-70 ECU which can be re-mapped. Just wondering among you E90 folks if you've done it.

231 hp out of the N52 325i 2.5 ltr sounds really good. Getting close to the 100hp per ltr mark. Plunk in the K&N filter than maybe 235hp hehe. I heard that the custom map from Singapore (BVO?) gives more power. Bmrocket can share your experience?

Talking about ECU remap, is it possible to reconfigure the SSG gearbox ECU? Perhaps make the gear shifts slightly quicker in normal driving mode (like in S mode).

i did the Hiop remap to my 96 328, and feel that the Unichip that i got done is way way better. At least with the Unichip i could actuallty feel the difference. I guess that's why people say the best way to do it is on a dyno with a remap that is custom made for your car and not with a generic remap from the likes of superchip and hiop. Overall for the little bit more that i paid for my unichip with the dyno tuning, it was a much better buy than the hiop which was only 300 bucks cheaper. The Unichip gave me a rwbhp gain of 10 horses which i doubled checked against the dyno at links. Also did a dyno check of the hiop remap and there was no diff in power at all.

I drive a e36 325 with HIOP headers, rear muffler (DTM) and chip tuning. The car pulls very well and roars like an M3 - Its fantastic, I love it!

I also have a E46 330 with a HIOP super charger kit installed which develops 325 HP (stage 1).

I can only praise HIOP for their products, especially their DME tuning. I received individual mapping on both cars - A friend of mine has a dyno in his workshop. So we were able to provide HIOP the dyno data and also the lamda levels too which they requested - Nothing generic about that!

I ended up getting an extra 15 HP out of my old 325 ;)

PS. I also heard that HIOP have a tuning solutions for the MSD80 and 81 for the 335 and 135. What they can't flash can be managed with their piggy back ECU. I will certainly be adding a new BMW to my collection and with HIOP inside of course ;)

Top Bottom