HID for e34

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

tkk

Club Guest
Dear All,I need some advice from all the expert here... how to improve E34 head lamp as bright as like MYVI... As i'm currently using Eagle Eyes with standard light bulb 55w with the current setup i have difficulty driving during night time. i feel that the light is not enough bright...So, I'm planning to install HID but some of my friend just change the light bulb to 85w or 100w with relay and they told me it will work fine and big improvement from standard 55w... Do anyone done this before? Besides this, do anyone has install HID in Eagle Eyes? May i know where can i get and what brand and prices in market?Thanks for sharing...

tkk;480865 said:
Dear All,

I need some advice from all the expert here... how to improve E34 head lamp as clear as like MYVI...

As i'm currently using Angle Eyes with standard light bulb 55w with the current setup i have difficulty driving during night time. i feel that the light is not enough clear..

So, I'm planning to install HID but some of my friend just change the light bulb to 85w or 100w with relay and they told me it will work fine and big improvement from standard 55w... Do anyone done this before?

Besides this, do anyone has install HID in Angle Eyes? May i know where can i get and what brand and prices in market?

Thanks for sharing...

If u use high wattage halogen bulbs, the excess heat will make the ceramic coating on the reflector melt sooner or later.
I always feel my fren's stock myvi have brighter lights than my hid upgraded E34, mayb bcos my reflector melted already....

Hi morpheus5039,

So how much you have spend for the HID and which series? Are you using standard headlamp or upgraded to Angel eyes?

Thanks alot bmw7833 for the URL...

tkk;480898 said:
Hi morpheus5039,

So how much you have spend for the HID and which series? Are you using standard headlamp or upgraded to Angel eyes?

Thanks alot bmw7833 for the URL...

I am driving E34.
i spent 300+, install myself. I am using standard euro headlamp(with smiley) with 4300k HID.
however, I've learn alot through DIY :top:

Better buy the kit from a reputable shop or seller dun buy from normal on9 seller bcos usually after a few months they will suddenly dissappear or said not doing the business anymore(like my case). U know, electrical gadgets often break down, not like sport rim.

If my headlamp is as bright as stock myvi then i wont bother to convert to HID.....

i have a smoked hella originals with originals bmw HIDs fitted, no problems fro 3 years..

but it's out from my car now, so if you want to buy it and exhange the rear parts with yours.

dun need to beat your head out..

pm me..

tkk;480865 said:
Dear All,

some of my friend just change the light bulb to 85w or 100w with relay and they told me it will work fine and big improvement from standard 55w... Do anyone done this before?

Thanks for sharing...

Do not use 85w or 100w. Even you add relay to do the switching, you will also have to upgrade the wire and fuse. The bulb holder also have to be upgrade to take the extra heat. Really not advisable as you will end up with a lot burnt thing in your car later.

It is more advisable to go bulb that have better illuminance for the same wattage of 55W

last time i tried changing the standard 55w bulb to 100w...yup...very bright...but the fuse burnt after few days...lucky it was only the fuse...now i'm using osram nightbreaker...not that bright, but better than the normal halogen bulbs.

My car DIY CCFL angel eye also with ori DIY smoke lamp ,HID fitted,so far the lamp are very bright,wanna make the lamp brighter also have others way like mechanical solution to solved the problem !

jarance;481001 said:
Do not use 85w or 100w. Even you add relay to do the switching, you will also have to upgrade the wire and fuse. The bulb holder also have to be upgrade to take the extra heat. Really not advisable as you will end up with a lot burnt thing in your car later.

It is more advisable to go bulb that have better illuminance for the same wattage of 55W

Thanks.... do you know where to get the better quality for 55w?

pussy;480995 said:
i have a smoked hella originals with originals bmw HIDs fitted, no problems fro 3 years..

but it's out from my car now, so if you want to buy it and exhange the rear parts with yours.

dun need to beat your head out..

pm me..

check your PM brother...

king82;481010 said:
last time i tried changing the standard 55w bulb to 100w...yup...very bright...but the fuse burnt after few days...lucky it was only the fuse...now i'm using osram nightbreaker...not that bright, but better than the normal halogen bulbs.

Hi King82,

Thanks for sharing.. i think i will change back to original first to try out the 55w... if still same or improve abit compare to Angel eyes.. i think i will put the HID-4300k

GT-E34;481127 said:
My car DIY CCFL angel eye also with ori DIY smoke lamp ,HID fitted,so far the lamp are very bright,wanna make the lamp brighter also have others way like mechanical solution to solved the problem !

Hi Buddy,

when are you free to show me? i'm on holiday this week. let me know we can catch up for drink so can compare to your HID man...

by the way, do anyone know how much is the Used or New Original Hella Headlamps for E34?

tkk;481161 said:
by the way, do anyone know how much is the Used or New Original Hella Headlamps for E34?

Previously bought a new headlamp [outer right - low beam] for my E32 in mid 09 for about RM 120ish from Inner Power. Kinda pricey, but original Hella. :top:

Eggie86;481221 said:
Previously bought a new headlamp [outer right - low beam] for my E32 in mid 09 for about RM 120ish from Inner Power. Kinda pricey, but original Hella. :top:

yup, the last time changed it in ipoh (middle of 2009), the low beam for left and right lamps, RM120 (original)...

bro tkk, perhaps you could try out osram nightbreakers...cost around RM90+-...much whiter and brighter than the conventional bulbs... just my two cents

Eggie86;481221 said:

Hi Eggie,

Thanks alot... may i know where is Inner Power location?

king82;481225 said:
yup, the last time changed it in ipoh (middle of 2009), the low beam for left and right lamps, RM120 (original)...

bro tkk, perhaps you could try out osram nightbreakers...cost around RM90+-...much whiter and brighter than the conventional bulbs... just my two cents

Hi King,

Rm120 is for 1 unit or 2 units (Left & right)?
Thanks for the sharing. i might go check out the osram later afternoon also...

Top Bottom