Group dyno Session???

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
Noctilux;575769 said:
Can this Air/Fuel ratio be changed by ECU remap? Mine is quite lean too...

yes, a remap would smoothen the AFR curve by adding / subtracting fuel where applicable to bring it to the optimum AFR. That would translate to more efficient and optimum engine power delivery... An erratic AFR curve would not give you good torque curve..

GT Auto oso have remap with dyno package.. I think few members were inquiring. An ideal remap should be based on AFR whether on dyno or on road with a lambda probe sticking into the exhaust... Without AFR reading, u won't get an accurate remap...

PS: I did not get a free dyno for arranging this group dyno, nor do I get commission for tuning packages sold by them... Or maybe i should have asked for it.. :p

fabianyee;575767 said:
This is mizhan's dyno chart.... (posted on his behalf)

A bit lean at the low RPM range. Once sorted out, should see a better and smoother torque curve between 2,500 - 3,700rpm...

Wow ... if i'm reading this right his car develops 221hp on wheels??? Very impressive indeed :eek:

fabianyee;575775 said:
yes, a remap would smoothen the AFR curve by adding / subtracting fuel where applicable to bring it to the optimum AFR. That would translate to more efficient and optimum engine power delivery... An erratic AFR curve would not give you good torque curve..

GT Auto oso have remap with dyno package.. I think few members were inquiring. An ideal remap should be based on AFR whether on dyno or on road with a lambda probe sticking into the exhaust... Without AFR reading, u won't get an accurate remap...

PS: I did not get a free dyno for arranging this group dyno, nor do I get commission for tuning packages sold by them... Or maybe i should have asked for it.. :p

Noted, normally how big is the difference (in percentage) in comparsion between the engine specifaction and actual on wheel? Mine is about 30% lower, seem like have to optimize the AFR to get the best output.

fabianyee;575778 said:
221ps = 218HP...

That is still very impressive indeed :top: 218 rwhp is phenomenal ... I'll be glad if i can make 200hp on wheels lol

Noctilux;575784 said:
Noted, normally how big is the difference (in percentage) in comparsion between the engine specifaction and actual on wheel? Mine is about 30% lower, seem like have to optimize the AFR to get the best output.

on a manual box, the drivetrain loss is about 15%... Automatic transmission wiill sap up more, somemore with the full time 4WD on yours. Would probably about 25%. But don't quote me on that... however, a smooth AFR curve would definitely improve the power delivery...

Hi Fabian.. Nice meeting you today. Bryan here, if u recall.

My first experience watching Dyno.. eventho I did it many times in NFS underground >.<
So many nice and powerful car there, NICE.. too bad I came late and miss the 335i.. haiz

Fabian, thanks and well done for organising the group dyno, and staying all the way from start to finish!

It was nice to meet you guys and put some faces to names. Unfortunately, I had to dash off so quickly as something came up, and I wasn't even sure I could have made it at all until the last minute.

Look forward to meet you guys again in the future.

loafer;575834 said:
Wah mizhan's monster got 312 Nm torque on wheels?! hory shit.

at least 3 cars were stronger than mine on the dyno yesterday.. not to mention a visitor who refused to put his M3 on the machine :wink:

B33mEr;575785 said:
That is still very impressive indeed :top: 218 rwhp is phenomenal ... I'll be glad if i can make 200hp on wheels lol

i'm still kind of disappointed actually. felix, now i really need to get the correct size air-mass installed!

:1:
fabianyee;575775 said:

Thanks for the explanation, Fabian. Really learn a lot from you guys, hope can meet up with you again next time. :1:

mizhan;575864 said:
i'm still kind of disappointed actually. felix, now i really need to get the correct size air-mass installed!

Me too, let's work on it bro. :cheers:

It seems like 1 similar trend can be noticed after dyno - chasing the magical numbers. hahahaha!
I also need to get the AFR sorted... hoping for smoother torque delivery.

mizhan;575864 said:

How do you know you got the wrong ones??? Have you got the latest BMW DME software for your ride?

Blur here... What engine is in Mizhan's car? For that matter... what is Mizhan's car??? LOL

B33mEr;575785 said:

why you never come and check yesterday :p

loafer;575834 said:
Wah mizhan's monster got 312 Nm torque on wheels?! hory shit.

Actually now that you mention it ... it doesn't sound right, 312NM on wheels means that at the crank it'll be 350-360NM is it possible for a N/A 3.0??? While the HP is believable but the torque number are too high ...

Here's a modified M54B30 with Auto transmission (headers, tune and etc) dyno by PEI330Ci on a dynojet:

Peak numbers:229whp/222wtq
Dyno3.jpg

Peak numbers:200whp/266wtq
From Apip's ride (hope you don't mind bro):

3815129956_b3a304a5fa_b.jpg

Unless of course Mizhan's car got a snail inside the engine lerrr :D

paultantk;575881 said:
why you never come and check yesterday :p

Hehehe ... i wish i could but got stuck doing errand the whole day lol

Hope to see your ride pretty soon bro :D

Top Bottom