Group dyno Session???

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
lots of work to be done on the tune...

1dynojetwfq8230.jpg

pussy;575674 said:
i m happy on my output...finally to confirm it's a 3.0...

hahaha, mystery solved!

i guess it also means now you know what's in the engine bay, you know which racuns are applicable...

Thanks to Fabian for organising!
'Check Coolant Level' message came out in afternoon after the dyno test, have to visit my mech 2moro...cham

Some shots before I left...
SP1030130.jpg

SP1030131.jpg

SP1030135.jpg

paultantk;575678 said:
hahaha, mystery solved!

i guess it also means now you know what's in the engine bay, you know which racuns are applicable...

yes, that means i will be soon emptying my bank account...first thing, a 4L conversion, then a SC after that...:burnout:

Today's session ran well.... I had planned to leave earlier but ended up staying till the last car.... Total 16 cars were dynoed... The most impressive one should be kamion's 335i with 280PS and 456Nm on wheel.....

I hope everyone had some good education on reading the dyno chart, especially the air/fuel ratio readings... A good AFR reading would translate to good power and torque output...

This is my dyno chart

BLUE - last run in Dec 09
RED - Today's run

MV784920101024_01.jpg

Compared to the last dyno in 27 Dec 2009, I lost 1.2hp peak power but overall power is slightly higher at lower RPM.. I think this engine likes it leaner between 5,500 to 6,700rpm, based on the chart..

However, gain 1.74kgm (17Nm) max torque.. also can see increase in torque across the rev range... Max torque is now 17.47Kgm (171.2Nm).. This seem to be a very good figure for a NA 1.8.... However, not too sure whether the Dynojet has been calibrated recently... Since my last dyno was 10 months ago...

Torque increase should be due to the tweak I did to the exhaust... I did feel the difference after the tweak and the dyno chart confirmed it....

initialM;575740 said:
Fab,

Just wondering whether I can still do it on next Sat 30th?

can.. but may not get the RM80 group dyno rate... Normal rate is RM100...

Those who didn't manage to copy the softcopy of the dynochart can PM me your email address and car reg no for me to send you the charts...

Fabian, thanks a million for organising the session. Learnt a thing or two about bhp/torque and air/fuel ratio. Not forgetting all the exhaust tones still buzzing in me head!!! Look forward to similar sessions in the future.

Thanks!

paultantk;575664 said:
lots of work to be done on the tune...

1dynojetwfq8230.jpg

Based on the map, the AFR is too lean from 4,500rpm onwards, it should be around 12.5... it should give you better power once you get that sorted out...

Also notice that your graph didn't have the torque figure... But you can go back to Thomas anytime and asked to extract the chart again...

thanks again Fabian for organizing this event. now i know my car still needs a lot of work on the engine :(

mizhan;575755 said:
thanks again Fabian for organizing this event. now i know my car still needs a lot of work on the engine :(

Bro can share your dyno sheets or figures with us???

This is mizhan's dyno chart.... (posted on his behalf)
WBS8328-540i.jpg

A bit lean at the low RPM range. Once sorted out, should see a better and smoother torque curve between 2,500 - 3,700rpm...

fabianyee;575767 said:
This is mizhan's dyno chart.... (posted on his behalf)
WBS8328-540i.jpg

A bit lean at the low RPM range. Once sorted out, should see a better and smoother torque curve between 2,500 - 3,700rpm...

Can this Air/Fuel ratio be changed by ECU remap? Mine is quite lean too...

Top Bottom