Fuel consumption 11.3L/100km

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
t2ribena;485112 said:
mine average about 17l/100km combined and this is average after running the car for 14000km...hehe
wah.. so fast 14,000km aledi ah???

fabianyee;485217 said:
wah.. so fast 14,000km aledi ah???

yalo bro...initially buy it to keep and drive occasionally during weekend...but really hard to resist driving it and also makes no sense pay so much for road tax and keep the car off the road nia...

and now after the thermostat change...its more powderful and fc also improve liau about 15l/km...

t2ribena;485230 said:
yalo bro...initially buy it to keep and drive occasionally during weekend...but really hard to resist driving it and also makes no sense pay so much for road tax and keep the car off the road nia...

and now after the thermostat change...its more powderful and fc also improve liau about 15l/km...

time for hillclimb again??? ehehhe.. 318is vs 518i M-spok.. hahhaha

My ride is E34, 520i Auto Single Vanoss. Clocking at 8.2km per liter, which I think quite on the high side. Any tips on what I suppose to check?

Hi guys,

My ride is a 525i 2002. I was using Shelll Ron 95 and was getting 11.3L/100km. Then I switched over to Shell Ron 97 and Petronas Ron 97 and am now getting 11.3 to 11.7 L/100km. My driving is within PJ/USJ/Puchong area and would considered it as in-between city and highway driving and occassionally uses Sport and manual mode. I have replaced my MFA, updated ECU software and serviced & cleaned fuel injectors. What could be wrong and/or defective to cause this high fuel consumption??

herbert;490975 said:
Hi guys,

My ride is a 525i 2002. I was using Shelll Ron 95 and was getting 11.3L/100km. Then I switched over to Shell Ron 97 and Petronas Ron 97 and am now getting 11.3 to 11.7 L/100km. My driving is within PJ/USJ/Puchong area and would considered it as in-between city and highway driving and occassionally uses Sport and manual mode. I have replaced my MFA, updated ECU software and serviced & cleaned fuel injectors. What could be wrong and/or defective to cause this high fuel consumption??

11.3l/100km for a 525i sound normal to me...what do you expect the fc to be then?

buzzlie;489772 said:
My ride is E34, 520i Auto Single Vanoss. Clocking at 8.2km per liter, which I think quite on the high side. Any tips on what I suppose to check?
bro,
8.2km per litre is not that bad coz' E34 body is rather heavy. Mine is about 8.5 km per litre (city driving) and 10 km per litre (highway) for a 2.2 litre E39 running on RON 95

herbert,
T2ribena is correct. Your ride works out to be 8.5km per litre which I thought was OK. Try using BHP petrol for 2 full tanks and share the experience.

t2ribena;491033 said:
11.3l/100km for a 525i sound normal to me...what do you expect the fc to be then?

When I used Ron 95 it was 11.3L/100 km
Now changed to Ron 97, 11.7L/100 km
Expect Ron 97 to give me 11.3L/100 km with "some extra power"
Wonder why??

Jerman;491037 said:
bro,
herbert,
T2ribena is correct. Your ride works out to be 8.5km per litre which I thought was OK. Try using BHP petrol for 2 full tanks and share the experience.[/QUOTE

You mean BHP RON 95 or 97 ??

Jerman;491037 said:
bro,
8.2km per litre is not that bad coz' E34 body is rather heavy. Mine is about 8.5 km per litre (city driving) and 10 km per litre (highway) for a 2.2 litre E39 running on RON 95

herbert,
T2ribena is correct. Your ride works out to be 8.5km per litre which I thought was OK. Try using BHP petrol for 2 full tanks and share the experience.

Thanks Jerman. This is the only time that I misses my Japanese car. Can get double laa ...

Hi Bros,

After reading your threads, i am wondering if there is something wrong with my car.

E39, 520i double vanos, 1999
RON95, one full tank will take me to 450-500km. Mix driving.
FC at 8.8L/KM.

the previous owner's FC is at 13L/KM. I got it down to 9.1 then to 8.8L/KM...and it stayed there till now.

Egon-E39;496109 said:
Hi Bros,

After reading your threads, i am wondering if there is something wrong with my car.

E39, 520i double vanos, 1999
RON95, one full tank will take me to 450-500km. Mix driving.
FC at 8.8L/KM.

the previous owner's FC is at 13L/KM. I got it down to 9.1 then to 8.8L/KM...and it stayed there till now.

Where u obtained the FC data? From OBC? Try to reset the OBC data.

From user manual:

To restart calculations
If you continue to press the button in
the turn signal lever, the average values
which were just displayed for fuel consumption
and speed will be recalculated
from that point (the engine must
be running for this).

on the contrary to my previous FC, now my FC was up to 500-600km per full tank. (80% highway/20% urban)

bmw7833;496118 said:

From user manual:

To restart calculations
be running for this).

Funny how that works for you cause for mine, if i were to press and hold the BC button on the turn signal stalk, it'll ask me for my preference of the OBC programs [i.e PROG 1, PROG 2, PROG 3...]. Preference in such that, which OBC data you'd want to cycle first,second, third, forth and so on when you cycle through the data everytime you press the BC.

Say for instance, the first time you press the BC button on stalk, you want CONS1 to display, then you want RANGE, then you want DISTANCE or SPEED or CONS2 and so on...you get to choose on your MID for selection.

bmw7833;496118 said:

From user manual:

To restart calculations
be running for this).

I dont think there is a need to restart calculation as it does re-calculate from time to time. Why i say so? Coz at one time during daily driving with traffic jams everywhere....FC went up to 9.0L/KM. I just left it as that and it went down to 8.8L/KM again. I believe the car itself will monitor driving behaviour and give read-outs. And yes it got the FC data from OBC.

I have checked all BMW's for FC data and found out mostly at 11.5 to 13.0L/KM. and the drivers dont even know what this is!

For me, I try to go light on the accelerator. and release accelerator when going down-hill etc or reaching traffic lights. Will update my avatar soon on OBC reading.

Anyone has got a different view? Has anyone got such fluctuating FC readings? Let us know!. TQVM

p.s 7833, what happened to Bayerns Motor Works? I see the sign has been removed and replaced with a different design....got problem with BMW kah?

Egon-E39;496544 said:
p.s 7833, what happened to Bayerns Motor Works? I see the sign has been removed and replaced with a different design....got problem with BMW kah?

To avoid any lawsuit from BMW in the future, so take out the BMW logo.

Sumore the boss intent to involve in other fields and use back the same 'bayern' name, so removed the 'motor works' from the signboard..:listen:

Petronas Primax95 or BHP 95 seems to give me quite a ride...

8.9L/100KM

M54 325i 2001

i realized that my FC shot up pretty high on city driving..upto a quarter tank gone with just 40-50km ! @_@

Top Bottom