Facelifted 3 series

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
320i & 323i - Black, Monaco blue, Space grey, Platinum bronze, Titanium silver & Blue water
320iS & 325iS - Black, Lemans blue, Space grey, Alpine white, Titanium silver & Blue water

Interior colours black, grey, beige and saddle brown. Beige not available for Sports models and some exterior/interior combos also unavailable.

A few more differences between the pre-facelift and LCI. Some changes in dimensions according to brochure

Pre-facelift
Length - 4520
Front track - 1500
Front width - 2013 (longer wing mirrors)
Rear track - 1513

Facelift
Length - 4531 (different bumpers which are longer)
Front track - 1506 (1500 for 335i)
Front width - 1989 (big but short wing mirrors)
Rear track - 1535 (1529 for 335i)

All other dimensions such as wheelbase, height, interior remains the same.

best part is 323i and 325iS comes with comfort access and that lovely new iDrive with voice command. that'll leave the competition in the dust.

jyeoh;375842 said:
best part is 323i and 325iS comes with comfort access and that lovely new iDrive with voice command. that'll leave the competition in the dust.

Wow cool. We did notice the comfort access "lines" on the door handle of the 325iS but not the 323i. So initially we tot only the 325i Sports gets this cool feature.

Based on what I dug up, its due to a new wheel carrier part which pushes out the wheel hub out a bit more. But similar effect with more aggressive wheel offsets, as the rest of the suspension parts remain the same. The rear should be more planted with 24mm extra width, and minimal 6 mm extra on the front only probably due to maintaining good turning radius?

Upgraded iDrive, 80 gig HDD, bigger and higher res display, voice commands, comfort access...so many new features in the Sports for the same price! :eek: I'm jealous, very jealous... :p

Schwepps;376080 said:
Upgraded iDrive, 80 gig HDD, bigger and higher res display, voice commands, comfort access...so many new features in the Sports for the same price! :eek: I'm jealous, very jealous... :p

Don't be, just upgrade :). If you do, you'll hold the record in the club for the guy who bought a new E90 325i Sports each year.

Actually, despite the changes, the basic drive train remains. I would think it would be worth waiting for another 2+ years for a complete model change. Since BMW is into Turbo technology and DCT gearboxes, the new model may be very much more exciting to drive :top:.

E46Fanatic;376085 said:
Since BMW is into Turbo technology and DCT gearboxes, the new model may be very much more exciting to drive :top:.
Well, wait for 325 using twin-turbo IL-4 wif DI. That might be d next changes. 200hp & 250nm torque:top:

BMW has been experimenting d mkt response by turbocharging their diesel engine. Currently, d most exciting diesel is E82 123d.

E46Fanatic;376085 said:
Don't be, just upgrade :). If you do, you'll hold the record in the club for the guy who bought a new E90 325i Sports each year.

Actually, despite the changes, the basic drive train remains. I would think it would be worth waiting for another 2+ years for a complete model change. Since BMW is into Turbo technology and DCT gearboxes, the new model may be very much more exciting to drive :top:.

E46F, since when did you start racuning me? You think I'm crazy don't you? :) But I don't have the word 'fanatic' in my nick ok? :rolleyes:

I would also wait for the next model. There's lots of new technology coming along, accelerated by the oil and economic crises. I'm even wondering whether this will be my last or second last 100% fossil fuel burner. I do hope BMW will keep up with the japs in alternative energy R&D.

But are you sure the next model is in 2+ years? That would make the E90 the shortest-lived three... :eek:

Yeah I thought I read somewhere on the shortening lifecycle for each model change to keep up with the competition. E46 was also 5 years (1999 - 2004). E90 was launched in 2005 and should have a new model in 2010 I think.

Interesting... So by 2010, your car will be current, but your nick will be 2 generations old. :D

Anybody know if the new 325's steering wheel with paddle shifters can be installed to our E90's ?

Rubik;376527 said:
Anybody know if the new 325's steering wheel with paddle shifters can be installed to our E90's ?

Bro, can be installed, refer to the pictures below. Also consider the ///M knob...

080702-1.JPG

attachment.php

Rubik;376539 said:
Where do i get this set at ? ;) (knob + wheel)

You can order it from Willman from BMWSG and get it fitted there in Singapore. There is not many folks around who is reputable in wiring up the paddleshifters to the tranny. Best done in SG I think.

E46Fanatic;376594 said:
You can order it from Willman from BMWSG and get it fitted there in Singapore. There is not many folks around who is reputable in wiring up the paddleshifters to the tranny. Best done in SG I think.

Actually, the shop in Jln Ipoh has done quite a few. Parts might be cheaper in SG tho

Top Bottom