Facelifted 3 series

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
Schwepps;373959 said:
Wow, interesting E46F! Look forward to your findings.

I heard about the upgraded iDrive too. Mine would be old hat compared to the new one. :(

Why don't u drop by this Sat morning at Ingress as well to see it in the flesh. None of us have met u in the flesh as well despite becoming friends here in the forum heh :wink:

E46Fanatic;373952 said:
I wonder which plant the Chassis gets welded together, i.e. Thailand, Germany, South Africa etc? From a cost perspective, it would seem that BMW would source from Thailand (AFTA) or South Africa (ala Singapore).

I'll snap some pics of the LCI E90 weld points in the engine bay this weekend to suss out. So far the German build BMWs have different weld type (visually) compared to the South Africa or Local BMWs.

From what I was told, it would be Germany.

Cheers

E46Fanatic;373964 said:
Why don't u drop by this Sat morning at Ingress as well to see it in the flesh. None of us have met u in the flesh as well despite becoming friends here in the forum heh :wink:

So you guys are going this Sat morning? I heard about the HDD-based iDrive and being the gadget freak that I am, have been wondering if a retrofit would be possible. I always thought a HDD-based unit would be faster, easier to update and should have more storage capacity for other features + data.

ALBundy;373948 said:
The facelifted units are no longer called CKDs (Completely Knocked Downs) but it is now known as SKDs (Semi Knocked Downs). Put it simply, the chassis is now assembled and welded in Germany before being shipped to Kulim to have the engine+gearbox, dashboard, carpet and etc installed.

Cheers :)

Will you be organising a factory tour in Kulim anytime soon.

Thanks

michaeltan1943;374159 said:
The least you could do is bring the 170Bhp 320i and sell it at RM236 instead of giving us the mere 156Bhp 320i.
170bhp is new DI engine. None of d country in Asia (including Japan) is getting tis engine.

Gasoline Direct Injection, the newer form of fuel injection. BMW's version is called High-Precision Injection (HPI) and is spray-guided direct injection technology. BMW projects it will increase fuel efficiency by up to 15% in real world driving. Coupled with turbos, it gives high hp with low fuel consumption. GDI engines are becoming increasingly common. Almost every Alfa engine since 2002 has been GDI.

The C200K doesn't have navi or comfort access and comes with an outdated engine/tranny combo. (hate that rough sounding whinny 4 potter) I'd take the 323i over a C200K anyday. RM250K for a 323i? Don't think that's realistic. If they priced it ard 265-270K that would be a lil more reasonble.

E39er;374964 said:
The C200K doesn't have navi or comfort access and comes with an outdated engine/tranny combo. (hate that rough sounding whinny 4 potter) I'd take the 323i over a C200K anyday. RM250K for a 323i? Don't think that's realistic. If they priced it ard 265-270K that would be a lil more reasonble.

Was hoping that it would around RM260 to 265K

Will be going to AB Glenmarie tomorrow.
Hope they have a few cars with the new colors to look at

A few of us E90's went for the launch at Ingress this morning. Food, drinks, games and some bonding among us who haven't met up in a while. All the rumors turned out to be true. One of the best things were the chassis seems to come from one of the German plants as the weldings on the car is now similar to CBU Munich built cars..

Photo212.jpg

Also the paint job seem much more brilliant with a nice thick coat of clearcoat similar to CBU quality paint job.

New colors are now available based on the brochures and we saw alpine white:

Photo215.jpg

and Interlagos/Montego blue. Also there seems to be some new tingamagik in the engine bay.. not sure what it is:

Photo213.jpg

Finally we saw the nice in car BMW umbrella accessory which was once found in CKD E46's which no longer exists. Bad news is its probably the most expensive umbrella u can buy at Rm485. Most of us have umbrellas now in the trunk which slides around and is a pain to take out when its raining. This one fits right into the passenger footwell in the car.

Photo214.jpg

The guys who showed up were:

1) Me
2) JPB
3) Traveller
4) Cobra Kai
5) BlackE90
6) Astroboy

We also managed to get sub 1 minute on the treadmill and sub 2 mins lap time in GT4. Best combined time will get the new E90 for a weekend compliments from Ingress.. Keeping our fingers crossed :wink:

E46F...sorry could not make it coz outstation...thanks for the invitation...

the tingamagik thingy is the engine oil heat exchanger...ur car also have it but with a plastic cover now i think they remove it to cut costs...BMW AG is in bad shape due to declining profits...

astroboy;375247 said:
According to Clement of Ingress, the E90 LCI is CKD Kulim lio..

Its Semi Knocked Down (SKD) now from what we were told. Chassis is not welded locally anymore and comes pre-welded from Germany. All parts also pre-painted from Germany and no more local paint job. Forgot to mention new interior colors, and there was a saddle brown E90 323i. Looks really nice. E90 323i doesn't come with M sport kit and trims but comes with iDrive. Price Rm270+k. 320i M Sport is ~250k and 325i M Sport is ~310k. No pre-regs as it will only be done when dealer needs to meet targets to get rebates back from BMW Malaysia.

lyjg1121;375204 said:
企业培训的承诺和评估  •企业培训绩效是有承诺的,并相信所有的课程规划应包括对结果不断的衡量与评估。这样的衡量提供一个良好的回馈机制,告诉我们什么是有效的,什么还有待改进。如果没有经过有效的衡量,我们与顾客将无法确定努力到什么阶段才算是成功,也将失去继续转化、扩张、修正或总结一个计划的基础。我们与顾客一同建立相关的评量系统,管理培训以有效掌握计划的结果与影响。  • 360度回馈程序 - 个有架构的过程,让参与者可以从他们的同侪、下属、上司,以及内部或外部的客户与供给者,收到各种不同的回馈意见。这是一种非常有效的方法,评量人们在职场上的表现。  •管理培训 员工态度及文化调查 - 在研习会后持续地进行调查,并与会前的结果做比较,确认并量化所欲改变及进步的范围。  • 计划监控- 个人对行动计划周期性的报告进度,管理培训可以让组织确认每个人是否照自己所定的目标与承诺循序渐进。可以设计一张计划「纪录卡」来量化这些结果。

???
Google translation of the above :stupid:

url = http://www.bjbida.com/] companies Training [/ b] [/ url] commitment and assessment • [url = http://www.bjbida.com/] Business Training [/ b] [/ url] performance is a commitment, and believe that all the planning should include curriculum on the results of the ongoing measurement and evaluation. This measure provides a good feedback mechanism to tell us what is effective and what could be improved. If no effective measure, we will not be able to identify customers and to stage a truly successful, it will continue to lose their transformation, expansion or amendment to sum up a plan. Our customers together with the establishment of related systems assessment, [url = http://www.bjbida.com/] management training [/ b] [/ url] in order to effectively plan and influence the outcome. • 360 degree feedback process - there is a framework for the process to allow participants from their peers, subordinates, superiors, as well as internal or external customers and suppliers, receive a variety of feedback. This is a very effective way to evaluate people on-the-job market. • [url = http://www.bjbida.com/] management training [/ b] [/ url] staff attitude survey and culture - in the workshops continued to be investigated and the results of the meeting prior to compare , To confirm and quantify the desired change and progress. • monitoring plan - individual action plan for periodic progress report, [url = http://www.bjbida.com/] management training [/ b] [/ url] allows the organization to confirm whether or not everyone as their own With the target set out in the step-by-step commitment. Can design a plan to "record card" to quantify the results.

E46Fanatic;375235 said:
A few of us E90's went for the launch at Ingress this morning. Food, drinks, games and some bonding among us who haven't met up in a while. All the rumors turned out to be true. One of the best things were the chassis seems to come from one of the German plants as the weldings on the car is now similar to CBU Munich built cars..

I had intended to go, but something personal came up at the last minute, sorry E46F. :p

Thanks for the commentary! What's your impression of the facelift in the flesh? From the photos I didn't like the front, but think the back looks more garang. What other colours are there besides Alpine and Interlagos/Montego? No specific prices yet?

Schwepps;375281 said:
I had intended to go, but something personal came up at the last minute, sorry E46F. :p

Thanks for the commentary! What's your impression of the facelift in the flesh? From the photos I didn't like the front, but think the back looks more garang. What other colours are there besides Alpine and Interlagos/Montego? No specific prices yet?

Just checked its actually LeMans Blue not Interlagos Blue. Based on the brochure I got for the facelift, there is no more sparkling graphite or arctic colors. New colors such as Tasman (looks like SG), Bluewater (arctic lookalike and signature color), Space grey, Crimson red, Babera Red, Platinum bronze, Monaco Blue, Black Sapphire, Black, Montego Blue.

However the brochure seems to be printed for the global market. So far at the launch we saw LeMans blue, Platinum Bronze and Alpine white as "new colors". I think SG and Arctic colors are now obsolete as the colors are pre-painted now in Germany, they dont exist anymore for the facelift based on the brochure I got.

new LCI comes with wider rear track width, does that mean with this new width the offset (eg ET25/ ET30) is very tight on a 9.5J at the back causing rubbing. this might cause fitting issues for those who are looking to fit lower offset?

coz generally, only lower offset number can have more lips/ concave design of the wheel to make it look aggressive...

Well, got the official pricing: 320i RM236,800, 320i Sports RM248,800, 323i RM275,800, 325i Sports RM309,800.

Quite good that they didn't raise prices eventhough there are more features. I suppose the global economic outlook has something to do with that. :p

Spaceman;375320 said:
new LCI comes with wider rear track width, does that mean with this new width the offset (eg ET25/ ET30) is very tight on a 9.5J at the back causing rubbing. this might cause fitting issues for those who are looking to fit lower offset?

coz generally, only lower offset number can have more lips/ concave design of the wheel to make it look aggressive...

I just did a quick check. Both pre-facelift and facelift share the same part no's for the front and rear fenders (meaning front new headlights should fit). However, I think the software upgrade to the light control module will be needed to control the new headlights. The LCI gets wider track cos of a different wheel carrier part no on the rear axle/suspension area. All other parts seem identical e.g. trailing arms, wishbone etc. So yeah previous aggressive offset wheels will not clear now if slapped onto the LCI. My rear offset is ET30 which is consistent to the wider rear track LCI design principles hehe.

Top Bottom