Facelifted 3 series

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
mafia;365434 said:
ur accusing very hard... did any SA offend you in any way.. if yes.. pls name them!...

well.. it is selling like hot cakes!... trust me.. booking is sky rocketing.....

pls do not post sumtin ur unsure off, but if you have proof.. pls put it out here...

I do not want to name names on a public forum and furthermore, it's not my stye.:78
Just to share my personal experience since we're at it. It was back in mid 2007 when I was checking
at AB Glen. with no serious intension to buy yet. however, I was actually coaxed into believing that
the pre-reg e60 cars were once- in- a lifetime offer with very very limited units and the sales
lady was so conviencing that I signed on the doted line on that moment. I was aware that the
facelift was coming but was assured by the SA that it will not be available here until 2008.
And guess what? Got my car in end July and the new facelift came along 2 months down
the road!!! I feel like killing her!:motz:
I paid dearly for my lesson and I'm wiser now( a plus point hahaha ):wink:
So, the moral of the story is - do not trust what anyone tells you, especially sales person from AB!

not only AB, i got cheated by the SA that Idrive will NOT be available in Malaysia! so, moral of the story, DONT buy car when launched! unless its full spec as in other countries!

Another moral is don't just talk to one SA. They're driven by having to meet sales targets every month, and we have to understand that they'll do and say whatever is necessary to safeguard their ricebowls. For BMW, I talk to 3 SAs and 2 senior managers, each from different dealers and including BMWM, before making decisions. I find that the 3 SAs can tell me 3 different versions of what's coming. So there you go! ;)

Good news for those waiting for the E90 facelift. Heard from my contacts that BMWM is pushing for an earlier launch and if all goes well, the expectation is early-Dec. Teasers should be out soon.

The 325 Sports will have paddle-shift M Steering, and will be dipped in exclusive M colours. We may see it in Alpine White, Interlagos Blue, Jerez Black, Silverstone II or Melbourne Red! :p There probably won't be a standard 325, but a 323 instead, with the N52B25 engine detuned to 190hp like the E92 323. Pricing is not expected to change much, given the competition and auto market slump since mid-2008. The 323 should be priced around 270k. The 320 will also have some goodies installed that are not in the present 320s.

Dreaming of a red paddle-shifting 325i Sports already... :p But I can't...shouldn't...mustn't!!!

Schwepps;366365 said:
Good news for those waiting for the E90 facelift. Heard from my contacts that BMWM is pushing for an earlier launch and if all goes well, the expectation is early-Dec. Teasers should be out soon.

The 325 Sports will have paddle-shift M Steering, and will be dipped in exclusive M colours. We may see it in Alpine White, Interlagos Blue, Jerez Black, Silverstone II or Melbourne Red! :p There probably won't be a standard 325, but a 323 instead, with the N52B25 engine detuned to 190hp like the E92 323. Pricing is not expected to change much, given the competition and auto market slump since mid-2008. The 323 should be priced around 270k. The 320 will also have some goodies installed that are not in the present 320s.

Dreaming of a red paddle-shifting 325i Sports already... :p But I can't...shouldn't...mustn't!!!

That's interesting news. Thanks for letting us know. I kinda suspected the E90 would make its way as 323i cos that's the staple diet in Singapore.

Schwepps;366365 said:
There probably won't be a standard 325, but a 323 instead, with the N52B25 engine detuned to 190hp like the E92 323. Pricing is not expected to change much, given the competition and auto market slump since mid-2008.

Allow me to ask would it be worthwhile to pay for a 2497cc road tax while getting only 190hp while the older E90 325 batch produces 218hp? Assuming both also using N52B25 engine.

i think roadtax for < 2500cc is pretty worthwhile if you compared to > 2500cc.

MSport;366467 said:
Allow me to ask would it be worthwhile to pay for a 2497cc road tax while getting only 190hp while the older E90 325 batch produces 218hp? Assuming both also using N52B25 engine.

Well, take it from someone who has driven both extensively i.e. I used an E90 325i before I got my E92 323i. The 323i doesn't give a way too much in terms of performance and that has been proven time and time again in unofficial drags and some of our E90 drives. This remain a true blue BMW six potter which has admirable traits such as first class smoothness (compared to competitors such as C180K and A4 B8 1.8T) and a perky free-revving engine with adequate torque. It will still be a thoroughly enjoyable BMW to own.

However, I have always been a power freak and do miss some of the 325i's edge over the 323i such as the slightly more muscular mid-range and sound track as well as the extra spice and juice at the last 500 rpms (the 323i's redline starts at 6,500 rpms compared to the 325i's 7,000 rpms). I suspect the 325i's true strength begins to really show after 160 kmh where the interplay of extra 28 bhp and 20 Nm torque becomes more apparent. But, how often do we hit that kind of speed. The last I tried, I was only 2-3 car lengths behind a 325i after hitting 140 kmh.

It was nice for Alalio to let me drive his 325i at the Kuala Klawang drive as I was reminded once again of the diff between the two. More importantly, I was reminded of what a great engine the 325i is on a fantastic piece of Ultimate Driving Machine. This is a star buy no matter when or where.

Back to topic... Should you go for the LCI 323i or the current 325i assuming roughly the same price? I would wait for the LCI (... and then head to Obermaier or Calvin Tan for a HIOP re-map to 231 bhp, heh!... then go chalen Schwepps... not David Yong ah... his 325i a bit psycho wan... 330i also kena ta-pau by him...).

Juan Powerblow;366723 said:
... and then head to Obermaier or Calvin Tan for a HIOP re-map to 231 bhp, heh!... then go chalen Schwepps... not David Yong ah... his 325i a bit psycho wan... 330i also kena ta-pau by him...).

David Yong's 325 ada built in mat rempit. :eek:

Schwepps;366365 said:

If 323 is coming, that means tis part of d world is not getting the DI engine.

I think steering wheel from BMW Performance Parts is even better.

Juan Powerblow;366723 said:
...then go chalen Schwepps...

Hark, methinks I heard mein namen :69: Nice write up JPB, your opinion is always valued (though asking people to bully unker is mean, but I forgive you :4:)

Is it really possible to remap the present N52s? I thought you said you tried and couldn't recently? :7:

Schwepps;366365 said:

Have any idea what would be price of the 325 sports?

Sorry Riki, don't know, but was told pricing wouldn't be very different from the present. But let me assure you, the Sports is the one to get. Great engine in a great package. I told you to gun your test drive and you would forget the Audi B8 immediately...was I not right? Present goodies, PLUS paddle shift PLUS M-colours! Even I am trying hard to resist trading up my relatively new unit.

Don't even think of the 323 or you'll regret not spending the extra 30-40 grand for sure. The only thing better is an M3 but I can't imagine spending 770K on a car, and it's too bling for an unker like me. ;)

So the news it is out in the newspaper. :top:
The facelifted E90 is coming late Nov.,

There was a long review on the 335i and 330D, but I not sure from the Sunday Times article of what would be the final line up for Malaysia market. But it did not mention at all about 323i.

Still hoping that 325i will be in the line up

Schwepps;366779 said:
Hark, methinks I heard mein namen :69: Nice write up JPB, your opinion is always valued (though asking people to bully unker is mean, but I forgive you :4:)

Is it really possible to remap the present N52s? I thought you said you tried and couldn't recently? :7:

He got a pleasant phone call from Freddie who told him the code is now cracked, and MSV80 ECU 323i's can be uprated from 177/190 to 231hp for a couple of grand. What a deal! Whats more fun is to see the rev meter go deep into the redline on the stock 323i Rev meter. Talk about ego boost LOL.

Ooooooh! And he never tell and jus disappear wan. So his 323 is now badder than our 325s! :eek: Good info to know...thanks E46F. :top:

Received invitation from BMW Malaysia on launching of facelifted 3er on 22&23 Nov. Too bad I wouldn't be around.

Top Bottom