F10 523i problem to date

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
Just called my sale lady - she was trying to explain the problem but made no promise the car will be OK. I told her "forget it, I will wait till the problem is resolved before I take delivery!" Give me more time too to hold on to some of my investments!

jefngkl;581198 said:
Just called my sale lady - she was trying to explain the problem but made no promise the car will be OK. I told her "forget it, I will wait till the problem is resolved before I take delivery!" Give me more time too to hold on to some of my investments!

Ya, I think this is a good move. Give a little time for them to rectify the issues. The LCI E90 (ie. the facelifted model - 2008 onwards) had 2000+ components improvements in them. Some were very minor ones yet practical. But I guess, to wait for the F10 LCI (facelift) will be too far in the distant future (usual facelift cycle is 3yrs), but its good to wait till they weed out the teething issues which seems rather heartwrenching indeed coming from a premium brand such as BMW. I feel for all of you. Hang in there...we are with you, the E90 guys will come alongside with you guys F10 folks....let us know how we can help should you guys decide to bring this up with NCCC (as irwan's suggestion)....

jefngkl;581198 said:
You have made the correct decision! Dun be conned by the sales lady. Phew......... I'm glad to have moved away from BMW although my E46 gave no trouble at all. I've been using the W212 E200 CGI for 10 months and 20k km now with zero problems (touch wood (panel)).:biggrin:

halow;581054 said:
Pswchan ,

Absolutely right, Ben10 and myself had met up with their country manager last two weeks ago, all they can say is extended warranty and timeline to fix the car and apologies. i had their replied "apologies" for more than 4 email when i case them for the report and update on my car.
I feel sorry for you guys as it is no small money for this car. I think you should publicise the whole issue and make as many people know as possible, even writing to Malay Mail!

Bro Halow,

My prob is diff with your, they tighten the front arm screw and noise gone.
The problem i face now is the car very hard to control when drive on curvature elevated ramp, the car will move to right and left by itself, i suspect the problem is cause by the traction software & I could feel the handling of the car is very volatile at normal mode like what bro Adri13 facing

legal action?

i'm writing a long letter AR registered to the BMW and AB jokers.if they don"t respond in 2 weeks i'm going to write in the press/complaint to consumer association and take legal action.!
Too fed up with this guys, giving us stupid excuses and stories.also ned to write to Domestic and Trade consumer ministry .I've driven the car only twice!and already ailing.
Best of luck for bro Halow/aidil13/ben 10 on tuesday.
CAP advises more people to come forward and lodge a complaint.Are we still gonna give more time for BMW idiots for solution??????
Bye

Suggestions needed. I am not really a Merc fan as I feel is an Old Man Car. But I had the 200 C Class for 7 days in Oz and it was quite good. I am now considering to give up f10 for a E class. What do you think?

hi guys, I am back. Suppose to send in my car to check that damn noise but has other urgent appt to attend to. Will arrange soon but i foresee same issue with u guys.
I think if we can form a group and go to BMW HQ, then it will be more impactful. I have no connection in press and all, if some of you have, any help is better than nothing.
I was about to book 320d lperformance edition ast week but decided to hold it. Test drove passat cc and i can say it is a good car. The salesperson are much more friendly, professional, and helpful. Sad to say, i dun see this where i bought my F10 (Quill)

kanaga;581476 said:
i'm writing a long letter AR registered to the BMW and AB jokers.if they don"t respond in 2 weeks i'm going to write in the press/complaint to consumer association and take legal action.!
Too fed up with this guys, giving us stupid excuses and stories.also ned to write to Domestic and Trade consumer ministry .I've driven the car only twice!and already ailing.
Best of luck for bro Halow/aidil13/ben 10 on tuesday.
CAP advises more people to come forward and lodge a complaint.Are we still gonna give more time for BMW idiots for solution??????
Bye

I suggest not to wait , I am writing too to BMW malaysia, Munich and AB . again they said waiting for the software release and do not know when it going to release .

Hi guys,

The AB Penang sales guy said it is a setting issue, and they are working on the new program.I told him i will not take delivery of the car untill the issue is solve.

As usual, they said this is not a big issue and will be solve soon and he also said that if it was serious and affecting many ppl, it would have been in the new by now....so mayb we should make it a big issue so they will start taking us seriously......

DJH;581691 said:
hi guys, I am back. Suppose to send in my car to check that damn noise but has other urgent appt to attend to. Will arrange soon but i foresee same issue with u guys.
I think if we can form a group and go to BMW HQ, then it will be more impactful. I have no connection in press and all, if some of you have, any help is better than nothing.
I was about to book 320d lperformance edition ast week but decided to hold it. Test drove passat cc and i can say it is a good car. The salesperson are much more friendly, professional, and helpful. Sad to say, i dun see this where i bought my F10 (Quill)

Haha ... the ppl in BMW think they are the owner of the shop ma..

If you do not mind on the branding , i would suggest passat cc than 320D. I also went to test drive the passat cc yesterday . All i can say is very solid car to drive with .

Usually the reviewer will give a very good review because they want BMW advertise in magazine or site

Bro,

Thanks for the info.
My car also got the pulling problem, anyone got the same problem?
I will go AB tomolo

Bro ben10,

Tomolo might not be able to join u, lot of work. DJH is right because we purchase our car from different dealer AB,Quill n ingress. Better gather at BMW cyberjaya . I have another kaki now just got his f10 528 also have the knocking sound problem.

Ben10,
I just return from AB Glenmarie. BMW issued an internal circulation about rear suspension and acknowledge it is a problem but still maintain safety. They are still waiting response from Germany. Hence, I would feel the response would be the same from AB Sg Besi. Got to skip this afternoon meeting. However, we need to give timeline when this can be ractified. I would give until end Nov and that's about it. Meanwhile affected owners in klang valley can meet for tea tarik to strategize plans.

BTW, the battery I replaced on 3/11 capoot again yesterday and I got replacement battery this morning foc. Still it is bad design for the key. Should be rechargeable battery.

Ya, I think we need to meet up somewhere and strategise but do find a place that we can park nicely as it is not easy to park this F10. In fact, I did not drive to work in KL as almost all old buiding in KL has such a small ramp. Too afraid to drive there and bad for my heart. Also to avoid being mark, I drive vios to work, lol.
So how to exchange our contacts or email.
I can start mine jdjh73@gmail.com
We can meet up next weekend. Imagine a convoy of F10 to their HQ and make a big hoo-haa, that will be priceless but importantly our problem solved and they will take us more seriously.

adri13;582070 said:
Ben10,
I just return from AB Glenmarie. BMW issued an internal circulation about rear suspension and acknowledge it is a problem but still maintain safety. They are still waiting response from Germany. Hence, I would feel the response would be the same from AB Sg Besi. Got to skip this afternoon meeting. However, we need to give timeline when this can be ractified. I would give until end Nov and that's about it. Meanwhile affected owners in klang valley can meet for tea tarik to strategize plans.

BTW, the battery I replaced on 3/11 capoot again yesterday and I got replacement battery this morning foc. Still it is bad design for the key. Should be rechargeable battery.

Bro adri13,

Yes, i check with them just now, all the F10 got the real suspension problem.

I just test drive another F10, the car shaking like mine when driving on highway @ 120-140km with normal mode. :( Both the engineer agree my point too

Top Bottom