F10 523i problem to date

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
HI Ben10 and Adri13,

i believe there are more case in BMW , i am very disappointed with BMW and AB services . They are giving me different answer from different department on one absorber issue and i suspect whether they really sure this is a absorber problem. After they promised the part will arrive on latest this week or late monday. now the twist and turn their word.

- AB workshop said the part only sent out by frieght on Thursday and should be reach hear by early next week
- BMW after sales said they have some problem on the items to deliver so they have engage another frieght service.
- Social BMW said their item ship from german have to be 14 days and my car will be ready around mid of nov. WTF !!! (one told me by frieght now they said by ship)

Adri13, my advise is you better dont test at any unauthorized workshop from BMW now , their absorber is complicated . Make sure you dont void their warranty . my planed to change to 19inch rims also have to delay due to their warranty.

Bro halow,

Don't change your rim outside, it will void your warranty. In fact, i plan to change the rim once tire flat but now i have to put on hold till warranty over.

Anyone got the same problem like me, my F10 very unstable when speed on uneven road :(

I just collected my F10 on sat. It was raining so when i reached home, discovered that my lights in front (both side) have condensation on the inside especially at the bottom. Any of u have this problem? It disappeared after the rain but if condenstion occured, it means there is moisture on the inside.
I have not even speed yet as i am planning to do so after running in the first 1k km. I tried comfort and i can tell u it is better to leave it to normal especially over the bumps or taking corner.

First batch models always going to give problems... Nothing to be dissapointed too much, the E60 previously was also like this. Tons of problems!

DJH, there is definitely a leakage somewhere on the seal of the headlights. I find it to be very common with cars nowadays and I don't know why. Do have them checked though. If you have the adaptive headlights, it can give you trouble!

DJH , I have the same problem on the headlight during the rainy when i first got my car. AB told me not to worry and claimed that this is due to new car. After a month it will goes off.

Update me if you have any feedback from AB . TQ

DJH, looks like your car have same problem as mine - going over hump on comfort/normal mode.What tires are you having? I would suspect this is due to dynamic driving software. I sent my car for absorber verification last Saturday.

Result:
Normal FR 69% FL 63% RR 76% RL 69%
Comfort FR 71% FL 63% RR 76% RL 68% seem all in good condition.

I will follow up again with AB Glenmarie to hustle them. This should be taken up by BMW. I have already written email to BMW to issue recall order as 1% have reported the same problem. 595 units already sold and if it includes yours and Halow and others it could become 2% (so far 8 cases). Totally unacceptable.

One more thing about the battery - CR 2450 is not easily accessible at any Harvey Norman or stationery

JFT63;577983 said:
Doesn't that mean e60 has better built n quality?

It's too early to say that.. Let's give F10 some time to prove itself or should I say BMW/AB..

adri13;577982 said:
DJH, looks like your car have same problem as mine - going over hump on comfort/normal mode.What tires are you having? I would suspect this is due to dynamic driving software. I sent my car for absorber verification last Saturday.

Result:
Normal FR 69% FL 63% RR 76% RL 69%
Comfort FR 71% FL 63% RR 76% RL 68% seem all in good condition.

I will follow up again with AB Glenmarie to hustle them. This should be taken up by BMW. I have already written email to BMW to issue recall order as 1% have reported the same problem. 595 units already sold and if it includes yours and Halow and others it could become 2% (so far 8 cases). Totally unacceptable.

One more thing about the battery - CR 2450 is not easily accessible at any Harvey Norman or stationery

Hi Adri,

Welcome to the Club:wink:

GMENG;577984 said:
It's too early to say that.. Let's give F10 some time to prove itself or should I say BMW/AB..

true GMENG,hope that bmw or AB would solve the probs amicably...love the look of F10..:wink:

Thanks bro for sponsoring me into this club!

BMW doesn't live up to expectation...sheer driving pleasure...do u know bmw chief technical officer?

New models come with bugs; hence, many chose to stay away from the first batch (at least). Even the first few batches of e60 ada issues. Notwithstanding those problems, F10 is doing pretty well re brisk sales for the 523. Demand for the 528 is also good. I just wonder whether the new E-class owners' have bad experiences as well?.

Mine already in & out their workshop 4 times.
I notice that the car is very unstable if u speed on uneven road, the BMW people told is normal, any bro here got the same problem?

They just called me up just now and said the condensation will go away after a month and it is normal. Pardon me, even proton and some shit cars don't have such problem. Will observe in a month's time and see whether they bullshit us or not.

adri13, the tyre still original. Very bouncy on comfort mode and then i tried normal mode, better but i expect it to be better. Well, can't complain and compare as I used to drive car with adjustable sport suspension on hard setting. Run flat tyres very noisy. May think about changing it but where to put spare tyre?

Finally able to read the manual and it said to run in properly, we need 2k km, max of 4500rpm and not more than 160kph. How you guys run in your f10? Any advice? Currently the max I did was around 120kph and rev not more than 3k rpm.

Adri13,

FYI, AB Sungai Besi verbally confirmed is the absorber problem and said my right front absorber need to be change . But i am still pending for their parts and report.

You guys sioks la... still can drive and test ... i want to test also cannot.
Make sure you guys update us if any new bugs and solutions found.

AB Glenmarie said my case is not an isolated one and has been working with BMW ever since. I have ruled out absorbers as root cause as the readings look good. I also ruled out tires because the demo cars also use the same tires, eventhough I am not happy with them - noisy and hard. So the best bet would be the dynamic driving software.

If any of you face the same problem repeatedly, please highlight to service center - in my case speak to Simon, Service Manager AB Glenmarie. I also spoke to Rachel and email her of my problem email add customerservice@bmw.com.my

So for now I just can wait...

DJH, enjoy your ride and perhaps you can do us favors since your car is still 'dara'...on potholes and uneven surface

adri13, anything i need to observe in particular? Of course i will not deliberately drive over potholes haha but i do have to face some uneven roads along the way when i turn into Bidor using trunk roads.

Does the F10 inherit?

1. Noisy interior sound ie door, dashboard from E60
2. Engine vibrating on cold start
3. White smoke belching out from the exhaust
4. Poor radio frequency reception
5. Car pulling to the left

Azman, so far mine is ok but it is too early to comment as it has only done the 300km plus

Top Bottom