F10 523i problem to date

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
ben10;582214 said:
The problem i face now is the car very hard to control when drive on neven road, the car will move to right and left by itself, i suspect the problem is cause by the traction software & I could feel the handling of the car is very volatile at normal mode like what bro Adri13 facing

Is your traction control light blinking when the car moves to the right and left by itself?

At what speed were you driving when the car moves to the right and left by itself?

What do you mean when you mention "car is very volatile"? i.e. car is going to spin? or car
has spun? or car is going sideways?

tbg;583424 said:
Is your traction control light blinking when the car moves to the right and left by itself?

no blinking

At what speed were you driving when the car moves to the right and left by itself?

Use normal mode @ 110-140km, the car's body will shake like boat. BMW engineer tell me must use the sport mode when drive the F10 in highway :(

What do you mean when you mention "car is very volatile"? i.e. car is going to spin? or car
has spun? or car is going sideways?

for normal mode, very hard to control when driving @ 110-140km. The suspension too soft.

Very hard to control

damn, i am sucker when comes to bimmer. Just paid booking fee for 320d performance edition :biggrin: since I wan 2011 car, should receive it in Jan. :wink:
according to my salesman, they have not received any indication when they will find a solution to fix our car. I did not push him further as they are only the dealer. The big kahuna is still BMW. They have to write to us or issue letter to all F10 owners as some may not been bothered by that suspension issue and may think it is normal.
As for what Ben10 commented that normal mode it is hard to drive circa 120-140kph, well.... I just change it to sport mode and it seems ok. I assumed BMW has mellowed down the normal setting. Just my 2 cents.

Yes, the engineer told me change to sport mode when drive in highway.
U shud wait for the Golf R - 270HP, 4wd and 0-100km < 6 sec.

DJH , you r right . Nothing BMW can do on the knocking sound now and waiting for a solution form Munich engineer.

aiyo, i knew VW is always better for performance for that range of cars but VW looks too young for me lol

Hi pple, I'm new here. Surpose to collect my f10 528i by end of this month but after looking at all the post for 523i, I have delayed till next year.
I hope some new f10 528i owners can share their experiences if it is the same for 523i.

till now, we hear:

1) absorber issues (BMW Club Malaysia)
2) pulling to the right (f10 post)

abeautifulday;585011 said:
Hi pple, I'm new here. Surpose to collect my f10 528i by end of this month but after looking at all the post for 523i, I have delayed till next year.
I hope some new f10 528i owners can share their experiences if it is the same for 523i.

till now, we hear:

Hi abeautifulday,

Appreciate it if you could introduce yourself in the Newbie's section..there's a template which you can use.

Thanks & welcome to BMWCM.

Cheers :)

abeautifulday;585011 said:

till now, we hear:

I got a friend who just took his F10 528 having the same problem on the knocking sound issues. He told me he got a German friend advised him to cancel the booking for the first batch and when he went to dealer to cancel, it's already too late and the car is awaiting for his collection.

Its seems to me like CKD or SKD 523i , 528i are having the "knocking" absorbers issues. We cannot be bias against the Malaysian Assembled quality which for a fact is a design problem.

I got a friend who own a car mod shop told me the old e60 also got alot of problem and alot of them switch to Audi n Vow

ben10;585159 said:
I got a friend who own a car mod shop told me the old e60 also got alot of problem and alot of them switch to Audi a n Vow

my 530i got coolant problem. always low like after 2 weeks. not big problem yet. if it does happen i might consider audi

ben10;585159 said:
I got a friend who own a car mod shop told me the old e60 also got alot of problem and alot of them switch to Audi n Vow

Driven CKD E60 for 4.5 years.
Other than minor panel rattling noise everything is ok (touch wood).

BMW always at the forefront of technology.
In my opinion , they have put too much electronic controls into F10 handling mechanism.
ie Four wheel steering , electronic power assist streering.

Hopefully they can fix your problem. Make sure to keep bugging them otherwise they will just ignore it.
Example like 335i High pressure fule pump issue (Law suit in US).

Problems with F10 Suspension

Do you have Rachel or Suresh telephone number. The noise from the suspension is very loud and irritating whenever the car goes through a bump or uneven surface.

adri13;578882 said:
Raygohbmw, I would suggest to constantly in contact with your dealer as this BMW issues. In my case I contact AB Glenmarie service manager - Simon. According to Simon regardless of any dealer the cars are being supplied by BMW so BMW got to pick up the liability or responsibility. Also regardless CBU or CKD the nature of faults could still be the same

As mentioned before, the immediate solution offered to me was to reduce the tire pressure but the long term solution is yet forthcoming. Suggest to also speak to Rachel or Suresh at BMW Malaysia. If more BMW owners speak up and bombard they will listen.

raygohbmw;585675 said:
Do you have Rachel or Suresh telephone number. The noise from the suspension is very loud and irritating whenever the car goes through a bump or uneven surface.

I have been chasing BMW all the way to Munich on our issues here, seem like the local BMW Engineer have no solution but have to wait for Munich to find a permanent solution. My car still in their AB workshop and it's going to be 2 month with no solution.

May i know the noise is from the back or front ?

Mind is left (perspective if you sit in the car) mostly at the back.

Oh ya, 320d dun have problem like this when i test drove a couple of times. Maybe it only has a single setting which is sport. As for F10, i have not tried going over bumps in sports mode. Can those tried share whether the same problem occurs?

I can confirm the there's certainly a loud bang (as if no absorber at all) driving over bumps when in Normal mode (test driven a couple of F10s). I have read that if in Sports mode ppl did not encounter such issue but I did not manage to test in this mode (although I have test driven in sports mode but mostly over highway and did not go over the spot where I heard the loud bang).

Mine sometime got the loud bang sound too :( hope BMW will have the solution asap

ok, i have tried sport mode and the sound is still there. This is shit stuff.

Top Bottom