F10 523i problem to date

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
Halow,

You, me, Ben10 and DJH are having the same problem. But you are a bit advanced since you have got your absorber changed. You could press further requesting them to temporarily swap for non run flat tires to couple with new absorbers. If the problem still persist then we collectively write to BMW to ask them issue recall order as this is safety issue. Our safety are being compromised.

When I am driving at a curvature elevated ramp i.e from NKVE to KLIA near TTDI Jaya Shah Alam I could feel the handling of the car is very volatile at normal mode. The joint of beam at certain angle and the downwards hump make my car as if sliding and I could feel body roll. From there on I swear I will not negotiate any bend at usual speed. Perhaps driving at sport mode would be different.

Hi adri13,

I really dont know what BMW and AB is doing . Is like our forumer here is doing a test for them to verify . I already told BMW there are few units having the same problem and they still claim "i am the only one". They are now trying to delay the time and simply give excuses.

A simple report and timeline i requested also no response. I think is time to seek for my legal friend advise instead of all the nonsense given by BMW and AB. Really no time for this... Anyone here can advise on our case pls....

Bro adril13,

I got the same problem like u, i complaint the problem to AB and BMW and they told me the problem cause by alignment and they redo alignment for me.
However, my car still got the same problem after they realign my car :(

Has problem with the rear suspension left .Loud knocking sound.BMW is unsure and to date no solution.
My advice ,Hold your horses before buying or booking!

There are quite a number of us having the same problem.We should get together and find a solution.No one at BMW or AB has responded to the emails.Yet these guys are still selling and taking orders for the car.Safety issue is the main concern.Really Disappointed.!

hi halow

Guess a few of us are the unfortunate ones.My car is also at the AB sg Besi,collecting dust!What can we do?Any Legal advice,anyone.
Thanks

Bro kanaga, adri13, DJH and halow

I will go AB sg Besi next Tuesday, want to go together?
We shud call the BMW people and question them together

HI Kanaga,

welcome to our club.. how long is your car having this problem ? never get the car out from the workshop if the problem is still there . (advise from one of my legal friend)
The funny thing is AB claimed i am the only one that have this issues look like i have another member here to gather at sungai besi AB .
At first AB is very sure is the absorber problem , they have replaced the absorber and update the latest version of software for me. Result also the same .. call them also no use ...better officially write to Dean Brigham and cc to Geoff Briscoe and norbert Reithofer...

ben10, excellent idea...but AB can't do anything. BMW is holding the answers to AB or any other authorized dealer. Why don't we march to Cyberjaya where BMW is located at together with journalist? Better still if bmwclub can be our patron but I don't know them

but my car and kenaga car still in AB sungai Besi ... we are like buying a defect car now ... damn unlucky one...
Bro Ben10 ... let me know what time you will be at AB next Tuesday .. i see i can arrange my time to join you.

Sorry to hear bout the car issues. We hav jus place a booking for f10 last week as well. I call up AB penang today and mentioned about d absorber problem and d salesman here are aware of it and told me they are looking at solutions to rectify it.so it seems it is a recognized problem as they said the KL AB is trying to solve the problem.

So whatever AB sungai besi saying it is an isolated problem is bullshit.

I'm meeiting him tomorrow and will update u guys on what he will say on this issue.

Teej;581034 said:
Sorry to hear bout the car issues. We hav jus place a booking for f10 last week as well. I call up AB penang today and mentioned about d absorber problem and d salesman here are aware of it and told me they are looking at solutions to rectify it.so it seems it is a recognized problem as they said the KL AB is trying to solve the problem.

So whatever AB sungai besi saying it is an isolated problem is bullshit.

I'm meeiting him tomorrow and will update u guys on what he will say on this issue.
Usually, he will ask you to take the car first and maybe also convince you that it does not happen in all cars. If I were you, I would ask them to solve the problem first and then only take delivery. Since the salesman's commission is only payable on delivery, it should be in his interest to get the problem solved!

Pswchan ,

Absolutely right, Ben10 and myself had met up with their country manager last two weeks ago, all they can say is extended warranty and timeline to fix the car and apologies. i had their replied "apologies" for more than 4 email when i case them for the report and update on my car.

Teej,

Update us after your have met up with AB. We would like to know what they going to explain this time.. TQ

AB Glenmarie said this is not an isolated cases. Spoken to Suresh of BMW yesterday and he acknowledged the situation but stressed that issue didn't affect the safety of drivers n occupants. I differed with him because I can feel the wobbling especially cornering on left side. I feel that something is not right about the undercarriage linkage arm on left rear absorber/tire.

Until the BMW AG issues statement and remedy BMW Malaysia can't do anything. Not even issuing safety alert. I own another car Volvo XC60 and receive safety alert that the SRS airbag warning might come out for certain batches. In the case of Volvo safety is paramount and notify owners. But not quite for BMW...how pathetic

tip of the iceberg?

Hi guys,
looks like we are going to drive a defective car for much longer.
the chaps from BMW and AB called and gave some bullshit story,that the absorber is only due to an acoustic problem,meaning only a matter of sound coming from the absorber.It's safe to drive!!!I would advise not to take it out of the workshop if your car is already there.No one seems to know the exact date of the solution.It seems both the CBU and CKD units are affected.
I'm tired of writing mails to them with no prompt answers.Are there any more cars with similar problem?or are we only the tip of the iceberg?

I feel that its about time all the F10 owners or even any BMW owners start voicing out at the National Consumer Complaints Centre.... http://www.nccc.org.my......it is abt time that these big brands know that they don't think they can push us around...granted it is a problem from BMW AG......believe me global brands such as BMW once there is a national level complaint then they will not take things likely I am sure they will take matters more seriously and at least compromise or compensate in any way......

Perhaps we may feel that as BMW owners, we are able to "take in" and accept all these nonsense....therefore be moare matured in our approach....but hey enough is enough.....I have heard that the NCCC does react very fast......so its just my suggetion.

unable to meet up

Sorry guys,
unable to meet up with u guys.i'm off on my fishing trip,to drown my sorrows,i guess.will definitely try to meet up once i'm in KL

Top Bottom