F10 523i problem to date

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
Azman, I compare my previous E60 and now F10 and yes, I would say the interior cabin noise level F10 is somehow less insulated than the previous E60. Infact, that was one of the point I highlighted to AB Glenamarie within 1 week after acquiring the F10. The rest are not noticeable.

I used RON95 for my previous E60 and left it for 14 days due to traveling last year. Upon starting, black smoke was emitted and the engine shaken vibrantly almost like only 3 pistons functioned but after awhile it stabilised. While my other CRV filled with RON97 was no problem. So from that moment RON97 is for E60...

DJH, observe tire pressure...you may feel bouncy if you follow strictly on the guide 2.0 Bar front & 2.3 Bar rear but it would prolong your tires lifespan. The guys at AB lowered the tire pressure while waiting for solution from BMW but I raised it up this morning.

adri13, i am confused looking at the tyre pressure guidelines provided. 2bar front and 2.3bar behind is meant for not more than 3 occupants right? Full load is 2.5 front and 3 behind. So we should follow the former?

DJH, I would suppose by following rigidly to the tires pressure recommendation for full load you would have a bumpy ride! The mechanics lowered my tire pressure to 1.8Bar Front and 2 Bar rear. Why don't you try first on the recommended pressure and then you adjust accordingly .... perhaps different car different diagnosis?

F10 Suspension Noise

adri13;577329 said:
hi, i just join this club. currently driving 523i F10 since jun this year. I have complaint to first Auto Bavaria Glenmarie and now to BMW Malaysia. My car gives funny noise on suspension when driving over a hump. And worst is when driving over uneven surface. The mechanic at Auto Bavaria suspects this is due to run flat tire - Goodyear where the rubber/carbon compound is hard.There are 6 cases of similar noise/road comfort that i was told including 535i.

So far my car has been in the workshop 3 times - 2 days, 1 day and the longest is 7 days from 14 to 20 Oct but still the problem persists. I wrote once to the press and asked me to get BMW involved. My previous car was 520i E60 and no problemo

I have the same problem whenever my car goes through a bump or hole. I have sent it back to BMW for checking but the problem still persists. What should I do? I was made to understand that this is manufacturer defects affecting the locally assembled units but BMW refused to acknowledge the problem. Let's not wait until this become another Toyota Saga.

F10 Suspension Problem

I'm driving a 523I F10 for 2 months now and have done 3700 plus KM only. Whenever the car goes through a bump or hole, the suspension will create a loud banging sound as though there is no tyre attach to the rims. Do any of your guys out there have the similar problem?

Raygohbmw, I would suggest to constantly in contact with your dealer as this BMW issues. In my case I contact AB Glenmarie service manager - Simon. According to Simon regardless of any dealer the cars are being supplied by BMW so BMW got to pick up the liability or responsibility. Also regardless CBU or CKD the nature of faults could still be the same

As mentioned before, the immediate solution offered to me was to reduce the tire pressure but the long term solution is yet forthcoming. Suggest to also speak to Rachel or Suresh at BMW Malaysia. If more BMW owners speak up and bombard they will listen.

So..buy e60 instead? and boikot F10? :) ..Maybe BMW is on cost saving measures and make us utilize our hard earn money to test and earth out problem/issues/bugs on their new product....

The choices you made dictate the life you lead...in this case, some of our fellow forumers decided to make themselves as some of the earliest owners of the F10 in malaysia and I am sure some of them have considered the risks that came with their decision. The rewards are obvious: the car is fitted with the latest gadgets & technology and most people simply like new things. Long-short, I am sure we will hear less problems from future batches of F10 owners a year or two from now...it is not about continuos improvement here (we are referring to BMW after all) rather, the service personnel need some time to get themselves familiarised with the car & best way to do so is thru trials-and-errors.

Azman Warren;579059 said:
So..buy e60 instead? and boikot F10? :) ..Maybe BMW is on cost saving measures and make us utilize our hard earn money to test and earth out problem/issues/bugs on their new product....

that means i very lucky coz i bought the last batch of e60. i wonder y we pay so much for a so called luxury car but quality worse than proton?

Another F10 is facing the same problem

I have complaint to BMW and up to their management and all they can say is the absorber problem and have to wait for the parts to arrive. i suspect is not the absorber problem because i met one of a technical ppl in BMW and i heard he said BMW still do not know what causes the knocking sound when come across a road bump.

My car still in their workshop for 1 months already and like a white mouse for them to test ...

Azman Warren;579059 said:

why dont u get an e39 instead....

Halow, perhaps before changing absorber get them to verify again on the wear out of the aborbers for all mode: comfort/normal/sport/sport+ like what I did. I am confident the cause is not due to absorbers but their software.

To others, I have never expected BMW to compromise the safety and comfort of the owners for the new F10. Yes, I want to be the first to drive F10 so I see there is nothing wrong with it .The past track record of BMW is so colorful and so advance

adri13;579348 said:
Halow, perhaps before changing absorber get them to verify again on the wear out of the aborbers for all mode: comfort/normal/sport/sport+ like what I did. I am confident the cause is not due to absorbers but their software.

To others, I have never expected BMW to compromise the safety and comfort of the owners for the new F10. Yes, I want to be the first to drive F10 so I see there is nothing wrong with it .The past track record of BMW is so colorful and so advance

Adri,

It is perfectly normal to be amongst the first...some prefer to adopt a wait-and-see approach which is a normal attribute. I hope all the problems (and bugs) will end soon.

adri13;579348 said:

Adri13,
thank for the advise , will try to call them up to verify the software.

Hi All,
After driving up north and back. I can say, i have the same problem when i go over bump or bad road. Loud "thump" sound. These are not really bad bump or road as japanese cars have no issue like that whatsoever.
This is sad actually.

Bro,

Did u feel very hard to control the car while driving high speed on the bad road?

AB installed new absorber yesterday and tested with less noise over road bump . Now said might be software version issues.

this is really bad and they are now twist and turn the problem to another problem . This is call BMW service !!

ben10, i drove about 150kph but only on straight road so i cannot confirm if it is hard to control.
Will send this Thurs for them to check.
What i am annoyed is, they already knew about this and yet they dun rectify it during production. I am really pissed now. I will test drive C200 and C230 soon in case i change my mind on 320d.

Top Bottom