F10

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
M5POWER;522637 said:
To me, it's still reasonable.I mean, BMW change their model cycle every 7-8 years so I think that's good. The first LCI for the F10 would probably be in somewhere around 2012 or 2013 which is still loong way to go and what you said is right, by that time you might have think of not buying that car.

I'm still waiting for the M-Sport package... Should be promising :D

i stand corrected, asian car manufacturers are the ones with short model cycles...our friends in munich still maintain a healthy lifespan

Schwepps;523297 said:
Good deal no doubt, but you'll suffer another 50k depreciation the moment you sign up. Who wants to buy a brand new old model, when the new model is already out? :rolleyes:

couldnt disagree more bro, thats exactly what i did...european marques are famous for teething issues with new tech when new models are release, i realize that that a sweeping statement but its absolutely true...the i-drive in the F10 is exactly the same as the i-drive in the last batch of E60s, we lose out on things like better fuel efficiency, but more specifically with the F10 the 4 wheel steering and the BER system, among other less significant things...and to be honest, the E60 looks miles better than the F10, but only on the outside :top:

I'm not talking about teething problems...I would never buy a 1st production year car myself. I'm talking about the accelerated depreciation for a brand new car because a new model is out.

Schwepps;523311 said:
I'm not talking about teething problems...I would never buy a 1st production year car myself. I'm talking about the accelerated depreciation for a brand new car because a new model is out.

you're right there bro, value drops overnight :banghead:

vish;523367 said:
you're right there bro, value drops overnight :banghead:

2 types of BMW buyers, those that buy to impress, and those that buy to enjoy German driving long term. Some buyers are combination of both in different ratios. Eg. for those who earn RM100k-200k a month (surprised to find out that many people do), they don't care about drop in value, so they also don't mind teething problems. Get it first on the road, change again when teething problems solved.
As for me, wait for 2nd / 3rd batch lah. Honestly, don't see much that can go wrong with the f10. Even e60 first batch did not have all that much tech problems. I am still using first batch e90 325i (CBU) without problems. BMW has been quite consistent in this regard at least over the last few models, at least to my estimation. I don't see problems with the new 7 series now either.

macdaque;523471 said:
2 types of BMW buyers, those that buy to impress, and those that buy to enjoy German driving long term. Some buyers are combination of both in different ratios. Eg. for those who earn RM100k-200k a month (surprised to find out that many people do), they don't care about drop in value, so they also don't mind teething problems. Get it first on the road, change again when teething problems solved.
As for me, wait for 2nd / 3rd batch lah. Honestly, don't see much that can go wrong with the f10. Even e60 first batch did not have all that much tech problems. I am still using first batch e90 325i (CBU) without problems. BMW has been quite consistent in this regard at least over the last few models, at least to my estimation. I don't see problems with the new 7 series now either.

bro the first E60s were fraught with problems as far as my memory serves me, gb issues because they couldnt handle the new engines and a whole lotta ECU and electronic problems...maybe this is not such an issue now because the era of drastic improvements in tech and complexity is now behind us

As I said, I would never buy a 1st production year model. Aside from the high possibility of teething problems, it's also usually the highest price for the lowest spec. 2nd year is okay, 3rd year is the best - it gives you 4 to 5 years ownership before the next model change.

Schwepps;523679 said:
As I said, I would never buy a 1st production year model. Aside from the high possibility of teething problems, it's also usually the highest price for the lowest spec. 2nd year is okay, 3rd year is the best - it gives you 4 to 5 years ownership before the next model change.

bro you said and i quote "Who wants to buy a brand new old model, when the new model is already out?"...nvm, we can continue this discussion at the next TT, drinks on me :top:

Of course vish. I would not buy a 1st year production new model or last 2 years production old model. The former for the reasons in my post, and the latter because it's going to depreciate like a rock when the new model is out.

It would be worth buying a pre-owned old model near the end of the model life, but I've only once bought a pre-owned car, my first car. I don't believe in buying pre-owned cars either. :)

what about buying recon japan spec??? maybe the pricing drop more in the near future once f10 out..f10 523 very expensive nearly 400k some more is basic car only....im planning to have one within this year...what u guy advice ????
appreciate...

louiswaw;523864 said:
what about buying recon japan spec??? maybe the pricing drop more in the near future once f10 out..f10 523 very expensive nearly 400k some more is basic car only....im planning to have one within this year...what u guy advice ????
appreciate...

For a car which you may so much for the novelty of iDrive, I would hesitate in buying a Japanese model. Just consider the woes faced and expressed by our fellow forumers here, eg. navi, radio, etc incompatibilities. Once you consider these factors, you will soon realise that the price difference just doesn't justify driving a handicapped UDM.

Times-a-changing, cars-are-changing and prices rise....Good thing not cheap, cheap thing no good: that's life.

When the e60 was launched everyone frowned over the price as well.

The F10 is not an just evolution of the 5 series model range....its much more than that. A test drive would highlight the difference in technology and engineering more than any discussion in any forum or media could.

CHeers!

macdaque;524320 said:
For a car which you may so much for the novelty of iDrive, I would hesitate in buying a Japanese model. Just consider the woes faced and expressed by our fellow forumers here, eg. navi, radio, etc incompatibilities. Once you consider these factors, you will soon realise that the price difference just doesn't justify driving a handicapped UDM.

sorrry. but udm is?

5 stars *****

[video=youtube;7QqX8sMPtSY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7QqX8sMPtSY[/video]

The E60 was a 4-Star car.. So the new one got 5-Star and also rated the highest in its class! Great job by BMW to reclaim back the safety loss in the E60 but the E60 is still among the safest car anyway.

[video=youtube;a3SUnHs9nfc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a3SUnHs9nfc&feature=related[/video]

Cheh! I one time can get in d, the park assist to and fro so many time like doing 3-point turn.. :p

Some more u notice the steering turn with car stationary, that's no healthy for the tyre and steering assembly.. :p :D

.. but hats off la! it at least provide a glimpse into future of motoring! :top:

Top Bottom