F10 523i problem to date

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
adri13;578882 said:
Raygohbmw, I would suggest to constantly in contact with your dealer as this BMW issues. In my case I contact AB Glenmarie service manager - Simon. According to Simon regardless of any dealer the cars are being supplied by BMW so BMW got to pick up the liability or responsibility. Also regardless CBU or CKD the nature of faults could still be the same

As mentioned before, the immediate solution offered to me was to reduce the tire pressure but the long term solution is yet forthcoming. Suggest to also speak to Rachel or Suresh at BMW Malaysia. If more BMW owners speak up and bombard they will listen.

Hi, thks for your feedback. Do you have Rachel or Suresh contact no? Am thinking of changing my F10 which is under power and the frustration with the suspension.

ben10;582171 said:
Bro adri13,

Yes, i check with them just now, all the F10 got the real suspension problem.

I just test drive another F10, the car shaking like mine when driving on highway @ 120-140km with normal mode. :( Both the engineer agree my point too

ben10, can u explain more on this shaking issue? How does it really feel?

BMW Malaysia issued a letter to the dealers and stated the following:

We have encountered several cases whereby there is a loud sound emerging from the rear suspension of the F10.

Pls convey to t he customer that this loud sound only emerges under certain driving conditions. This is due to sudden unloading of the absorber which causes acoustic affect. Assure them that it is only acoustic and has no influence on the safety of the vehicle and reliability.

In addition to this, it is acceptable to inform the customers that BMW Malaysia is aware of the problem and you can reassure that BMW Malaysia is working closely with the Engineering team in Munich to find a permenant solution for this matter.

DJH;582193 said:
ben10, can u explain more on this shaking issue? How does it really feel?

The problem i face now is the car very hard to control when drive on neven road, the car will move to right and left by itself, i suspect the problem is cause by the traction software & I could feel the handling of the car is very volatile at normal mode like what bro Adri13 facing

jefngkl;582198 said:
BMW Malaysia issued a letter to the dealers and stated the following:

We have encountered several cases whereby there is a loud sound emerging from the rear suspension of the F10.

Pls convey to t he customer that this loud sound only emerges under certain driving conditions. This is due to sudden unloading of the absorber which causes acoustic affect. Assure them that it is only acoustic and has no influence on the safety of the vehicle and reliability.

In addition to this, it is acceptable to inform the customers that BMW Malaysia is aware of the problem and you can reassure that BMW Malaysia is working closely with the Engineering team in Munich to find a permenant solution for this matter.

Rear suspension? mine is on the front and meaning to say my car have problem on front and back ?

We are buying a new car from BMW and not buying a defect car and waiting for them to repair and find solutions at their workshop. i am still waiting for their solution for more than a month now .

DJH;582165 said:
Ya, I think we need to meet up somewhere and strategise but do find a place that we can park nicely as it is not easy to park this F10. In fact, I did not drive to work in KL as almost all old buiding in KL has such a small ramp. Too afraid to drive there and bad for my heart. Also to avoid being mark, I drive vios to work, lol.
So how to exchange our contacts or email.
I can start mine jdjh73@gmail.com
We can meet up next weekend. Imagine a convoy of F10 to their HQ and make a big hoo-haa, that will be priceless but importantly our problem solved and they will take us more seriously.

Mine is edmulow@gmail.com

Halow,

I won't be able to join you all for next 27 or 28 Nov weekend but certainly can join the following week. My contact adriyusoff@gmail.com

I have stated previously that we need somehow to get bmwclub to notice of our peaceful gathering at cyberjaya and to get also media attention. Most of all we must get the affected owners to come as a group - a large group to voice our disapproval the way bmw treat this defect.

Hi All,

Below is a list ppl that is having issues with F10 and email. pls update the list and we try to suggest a date and location to meet up to strategies . Apologies if i missing someone and pls update the listing below :

1. Ben10 - ben_102002@hotmail.com
2. Halow - edmulow@gmail.com
3. Kanaga
4. Adri13 - adriyusoff@gmail.com
5. DJH - jdjh73@gmail.com
6. Teej
7. Jefngkl
8. ? owner of F10 528 ( will check his availability)

anyone can advise on the media side ?

ben10;582214 said:
The problem i face now is the car very hard to control when drive on neven road, the car will move to right and left by itself, i suspect the problem is cause by the traction software & I could feel the handling of the car is very volatile at normal mode like what bro Adri13 facing

Bro ,

Have you request the service report ? i still waiting for their report on what they have done on my car.

Still waiting the Thilag to write it.
They haven't pass me the 3 years unlimited warranty letter too.
Tested another F10 that day, got the same problem like mine - if using the normal mode in highway, u will feel very hard to control. Tested Camry today & it doesn't has the problem like F10 although the absorber very soft.
Anyone here got the same problem, just normal speed like 100-120km, u will feel it :(
My email is - ben_102002@hotmail.com

ben10;582907 said:
Still waiting the Thilag to write it.
They haven't pass me the 3 years unlimited warranty letter too.
Tested another F10 that day, got the same problem like mine - if using the normal mode in highway, u will feel very hard to control. Tested Camry today & it doesn't has the problem like F10 although the absorber very soft.
Anyone here got the same problem, just normal speed like 100-120km, u will feel it :(
My email is - ben_102002@hotmail.com

Unlimited 3 years warranty. :eek: You mean unlimited mileage or what?

halow;582899 said:
Hi All,

Below is a list ppl that is having issues with F10 and email. pls update the list and we try to suggest a date and location to meet up to strategies . Apologies if i missing someone and pls update the listing below :

anyone can advise on the media side ?

1. Ben10 - ben_102002@hotmail.com
2. Halow - edmulow@gmail.com
3. Kanaga - Kanaga_67@yahoo.com
4. Adri13 - adriyusoff@gmail.com
5. DJH - jdjh73@gmail.com
6. Teej
7. Jefngkl
8. ? owner of F10 528 ( will check his availability)

I've decided to give BMW Malaysia a call on the subject matter as I am still contemplating to stick to my purchase. Left my number (SG one) and suprisingly Suresh called back in almost half an hour time. This is not bad for Malaysia standard.

A few things to highlight on our conversation:
1) He claimed that only 15-20 cars have reported such problem out of the 400 delivered, translating to a defect/dissatisfaction rate of 3.75-5%, similar to Proton. This is very high compare to global standard of 0.5%, ie 5 dissatisfied customer amongst 1000 cars delivered.
2) Solution should be ready in 1-mth time. Key word is SHOULD.
3) No plan to provide replacement car during the time being as it does not affect safety.
4) Still maintain the stance that it is merely accoustic

I am a sucker of BMW, visited BMW World and even Inglostat (Audi) and not Merz when I was in Germany. So I might stick to my original decission. Fingers crossed

Well out of 600 odd sold, how many actually surf this forum, let alone giving any heck in commenting.
I hope more F10 owners come forward so that we can create a group big enough to stamp our power as buyer.
We are not buying any normal car.
Like I said, I will buy again another bimmer and only that way the salesman is calling me and said they will find a solution soon but we should not have face this in the first place. This is absurd!!!

DJH,

saw your reply on other thread, 320d is a good car but i think this modal will going to last for 2 yrs ?

I suggest to arrange a meeting with BMW Malaysia so other forumer that purchased F10 from other dealer like ingress can join .

The statement below is made reference to cases reported to BMW Malaysia, ie cars that have went back to the dealers.

1) He claimed that only 15-20 cars have reported such problem out of the 400 delivered, translating to a defect/dissatisfaction rate of 3.75-5%, similar to Proton. This is very high compare to global standard of 0.5%, ie 5 dissatisfied customer amongst 1000 cars delivered.

I dont disagree on your statement that a luxury good like this should have such problem at such early stage. W212 or F10? Still contemplating.

Top Bottom