F10 523i problem to date

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
DJH;639241 said:
oh, i have front suspension issue too. They said they had sought advised from AG. That means i will continue to wait la

No need to wait la... ask BMW Malaysia FB and they direct me to get in touch with my dealer which is AB .. WTF.. if you see the letter i attached earlier from AB .. they already mentioned is the characteristic of the F10 car even the top management also mentioned that . For those F10 that do not come with the damper control then got no sound la..

I still cannot believe the front suspension noise is like that ... waiting for two more new car to test .. and will update you

Beside... is not only front suspension ... the back also got noise..

Mikocok,

is your car come with dynamic damper control (DCC) ? where you can set your suspension to comfort, normal , sport and sport + mode

mikocok;639303 said:
DJH,
My f10 is cbu spec n i think its similar to malay cbu f10,before i send back to them theres no other issue but sounds from front suspension n bakes...fun part was they seems like dont know how to fix or find the solutions,n not willing to try to solve the issues,keep saying its okay...nothin to worried due to 5years free service lol,i said "will u buy premium car with ngek ngek sounds?".... have to keep pushing them lol.

From what i see my prob seems not that bad compare to malay f10 issue....so many diff problems. Scary n shock me abit i admit....,i already give them info that lots of f10 from malay n sing also got problems.

Imo bmw did not do the PDI check of the car PROPERLY before send to customer,cause they think cust got 5 years service....n what they do is only normal check up with computers. Very bad human resource...

aiyo........ problems after problems la. It is not that they have no experience producing cars.

halow;639485 said:
Mikocok,

is your car come with dynamic damper control (DCC) ? where you can set your suspension to comfort, normal , sport and sport + mode

cheers halow...my car dont come with dcc....here 523i and 528i only have traction control.....535i comes with dcc.

I saw ur copy from bmw....im shock....its same liek what i heard from local bmw here...apparently when i compare with other cars....other cars was normal while mine not normal....They cant BS me anymore lol.
Theres no way F10 got lame characteristic....just compare to others cars...not 1 try 2 cars..........
They just dont know how to solve it enough said....ill make it simple too....they need to experience it in proper to know,to know it's normal or not.

Noob Sales,SA n mechanic is noob....

DJH;639489 said:
aiyo........ problems after problems la. It is not that they have no experience producing cars.

ours was CBU isnt....our local bm buy defect car from german....cheaper....make sense to u? i hope im wrong........i really hope so....

docrayboy;639512 said:
First batch gremlins they have to iron out, guys. Sorry for you all...........

i regrets........Good cars turn out to be lame after sales and service.

mikocok;639303 said:
DJH,
My f10 is cbu spec n i think its similar to malay cbu f10,before i send back to them theres no other issue but sounds from front suspension n bakes...fun part was they seems like dont know how to fix or find the solutions,n not willing to try to solve the issues,keep saying its okay...nothin to worried due to 5years free service lol,i said "will u buy premium car with ngek ngek sounds?".... have to keep pushing them lol.

From what i see my prob seems not that bad compare to malay f10 issue....so many diff problems. Scary n shock me abit i admit....,i already give them info that lots of f10 from malay n sing also got problems.

Imo bmw did not do the PDI check of the car PROPERLY before send to customer,cause they think cust got 5 years service....n what they do is only normal check up with computers. Very bad human resource...

Is it the CBU from Malaysia assembling plant..? The 523i and 528i are locally built in Malaysia and I wonder whether we do export it to other ASEAN countries maybe..?

RH5;640159 said:
Is it the CBU from Malaysia assembling plant..? The 523i and 528i are locally built in Malaysia and I wonder whether we do export it to other ASEAN countries maybe..?

hmm....here only 3 series being ckd. Thats a good questions....as far im remember its from german direcly,to be sure tomorrow im going workshop to check my car....can tell from the manual packages....i left it in car.
Btw i read somewhere at facebook n some bimmer E46 forums.... Ill post below....i dindt save link...only copy paste to my word file...

1. Korean boy=>"I already went to service center 10 times for brake noise. They keep trying to fix the problem, but it seems they don’t have any proper solution. Keep refusing to exchange to new car."
2. American boy=>"I paid a visit to my local dealer today for some usual odds and ends. Talking with my buddy up there, he told me to not ditch the e46. I was like why? I know there have been a few subtle issues with the e90+ but not anything that bad. Well as he tells me the a whole LOT in one case (as in mfg. lot) of new 5ers have a frame defect. He said they are having to make a ~1+ degree correction to the control arms to fix this. He said this came to BMW's attention when the cars constantly pulled to the right no matter how well the allignment.

All I know is if I dropped big $$$ on a new 5 I would be crazy now if I found out that I have a defected frame that needed correction from the factory...not just any frame but a BMW frame!

Now I haven't researched this so take it with a grain of salt. However, I do consider the guy who told me this a reputable source.

Go figure zzzzzzzzzzzzzz i hope they really do research n help us all....

It seems 523i CBU has lots of problem ... Does anyone here face any problem for 523i CKD or 520d ?

F10 (523i) is SKD not CKD. The issue actually affected F10's CBU and SKD. My friend bought 520d not too long ago and he has the thumping issue. I thought they had rectified it and all new batches come with improved absorber. Boy, am i so wrong.

lol, looks like u did not read this thread in totality.
Anyway, for the benefit of your knowledge (u own f10 right?) when we drive over a bump or pothole even at low speed, the suspension rebound suddenly instead of smooth ride over it. Thus creating a loud thump noise which will jolt u out of your sit...hahaha. We went through a lot of channels before they agreed it is an issue and changed it for us. Those changed are all rear absorbers but i can share with u that the front has a bit of issue too. Just how particular u r with car is subjective but if we compared to previous 5 series, it is apparent

ATM i got 8 pages copy paste each prob of f10 from asean country lol......but mainly is from malay n singapore.....and still increasing hahhaa.

BTW those who change to aftermarket rims,shocks and brakes.....i wonder if they have prob too n do change to after market product ....prob solved?just cross my mind...altho will need to spend more dollars....but if end up good(nice look,good ride and agility n dam noise is gone),i would love to try since i always do few mods to cars...just never do it when its still very new lol.

plsplsplspls BMW solve our issues recall of whatever............!@!@# gonna have trouble when selling it with this kind of noise zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz. But hey somehow i rather use lots issues of 5 rather than e class shit( no offence to benz fans) rofl, consider defact is base by unlucky aspect when u got it haha)

k going to check my car at workshop....been told sounds was gone....WISH ME LUCK..............hiks.

Bro DJH,

some info for you on my front suspension since AB have changed my suspension for two times. the first time they changed i still can hear the noise at comfort mode but Normal and sport mode only a little. Then the second time they replaced make the noise lighter at the comfort and sport mode but very obvious now at the normal mode ride.. seem like terbalik ?

DJH;640230 said:
lol, looks like u did not read this thread in totality.
Anyway, for the benefit of your knowledge (u own f10 right?) when we drive over a bump or pothole even at low speed, the suspension rebound suddenly instead of smooth ride over it. Thus creating a loud thump noise which will jolt u out of your sit...hahaha. We went through a lot of channels before they agreed it is an issue and changed it for us. Those changed are all rear absorbers but i can share with u that the front has a bit of issue too. Just how particular u r with car is subjective but if we compared to previous 5 series, it is apparent

Bro halow,
It is really frustrating to have issues after issues. We had together face this as a team before with jack and kanaga. The famous 4 even in their FB. Some even thought we are from benz. Looking back, it is funny yet angry. Anyway, on the brighter side, wouldn't know u guys without our issues.

My 523i will be built in Germany as I ordered mine in UK... I did not add the VDC (variable damper control) on my 523i as a result would not be able to change my damper setting to comfort or to sport. I did not order the Integral Active Steering too.. Autoweek.nl were saying the standard 523i with no electronics works just fine... but I just add 18'' wheel on my 523i... It will be in production i think by the end of next month...

Are those thumping issues associated with the VDC electronics or defect suspension from BMW? Anybody knows..?

RH5;640391 said:
My 523i will be built in Germany as I ordered mine in UK... I did not add the VDC (variable damper control) on my 523i as a result would not be able to change my damper setting to comfort or to sport. I did not order the Integral Active Steering too.. Autoweek.nl were saying the standard 523i with no electronics works just fine... but I just add 18'' wheel on my 523i... It will be in production i think by the end of next month...

Are those thumping issues associated with the VDC electronics or defect suspension from BMW? Anybody knows..?

Will you be getting the 'All Black' dash panel? It's mighty cool!

Top Bottom