F10 523i problem to date

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
RH5;640391 said:
My 523i will be built in Germany as I ordered mine in UK... I did not add the VDC (variable damper control) on my 523i as a result would not be able to change my damper setting to comfort or to sport. I did not order the Integral Active Steering too.. Autoweek.nl were saying the standard 523i with no electronics works just fine... but I just add 18'' wheel on my 523i... It will be in production i think by the end of next month...

Are those thumping issues associated with the VDC electronics or defect suspension from BMW? Anybody knows..?

Did you do all these yourself, or through AB? If you did it through other channel, how do you deal with AP/import tax/warranty issues? Since you are ordering from UK Im assuming the car will be delivered to UK, and you need to ship it back here? Please enlighten us on the procedure..

RH5;640391 said:
My 523i will be built in Germany as I ordered mine in UK... I did not add the VDC (variable damper control) on my 523i as a result would not be able to change my damper setting to comfort or to sport. I did not order the Integral Active Steering too.. Autoweek.nl were saying the standard 523i with no electronics works just fine... but I just add 18'' wheel on my 523i... It will be in production i think by the end of next month...

Are those thumping issues associated with the VDC electronics or defect suspension from BMW? Anybody knows..?

RH5;640391 said:

Same with mine...i dont have vdc. Here it only came with 535i n above

Btw just came back...they give up lol.......all noise still there....but they suspect brakes n suspension got defect and cant work perfectly so it produce noise(noise only hearable if i park or traffic jam). FINALLY THEY ADMIT IT IS NOT NORMAL! AND IT WILL AFFECT THEIR BRAND.

Lucky me they(WORKSHOP Customer relations Manager n SA) willing to help me complain hard to local bmw HQ....will try to collect any info,before other local f10 owners start to complain,also they agreed that if i can give them prove of f10 problems i got from many many forums...aka asean country, it would be dam helpfull.....optional different workshop report also help alots.

I say SPAM complain like crazy .....make them support you..........it will push BMW HQ to respond regardless how many case of defect,unless dealers,workshop n hq suck badly.

Dealer Sales deparment wont gives a shit bout my complain....they sell n thats it....byebye. This is good....why?cause if HQ respond me....i say byebye too..... penalty penalty.......

Dont give up....

oh btw just saw 1 nice lady.....tall.....white....blonde....CUTE........... pick up her new car.
She buy 7 series.......black........dunno what type.....SO COOL.......

haywire;640411 said:
Did you do all these yourself, or through AB? If you did it through other channel, how do you deal with AP/import tax/warranty issues? Since you are ordering from UK Im assuming the car will be delivered to UK, and you need to ship it back here? Please enlighten us on the procedure..

Im an EU resident.. ordered car in Germany through UK for a Malaysian spec.. It comes with 2 year warranty.. I have the AP and I need to arrange the shipment myself..

mikocok;640413 said:
Same with mine...i dont have vdc. Here it only came with 535i n above

Btw just came back...they give up lol.......all noise still there....but they suspect brakes n suspension got defect and cant work perfectly so it produce noise(noise only hearable if i park or traffic jam). FINALLY THEY ADMIT IT IS NOT NORMAL! AND IT WILL AFFECT THEIR BRAND.

Lucky me they(WORKSHOP Customer relations Manager n SA) willing to help me complain hard to local bmw HQ....will try to collect any info,before other local f10 owners start to complain,also they agreed that if i can give them prove of f10 problems i got from many many forums...aka asean country, it would be dam helpfull.....optional different workshop report also help alots.

I say SPAM complain like crazy .....make them support you..........it will push BMW HQ to respond regardless how many case of defect,unless dealers,workshop n hq suck badly.

Dealer Sales deparment wont gives a shit bout my complain....they sell n thats it....byebye. This is good....why?cause if HQ respond me....i say byebye too..... penalty penalty.......

Dont give up....

U dont have VDC as well..? VDC comes standard in 523i and 528i in Malaysia.. hope for the best then... what to do, they already have my deposit..!

I have a 1yr old 523 with 21000mls.

Engine fault light came on recently and I delivered it to the garage. They fixed it by replacing injectors and coils and plugs.
I had it back for 1 day and could feel it 'miss' when accelerating. After 1 more hour the warning of 'drivetrain fault' came on and reduced power.
It is now back with BMW getting fixed again.

The doors are also mis-aligned.

Is it the same BMW DVD tablet for all model?

[video=youtube;x4gSr8GLHhM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x4gSr8GLHhM[/video]

that tablet looks horrendous, how can bmw decided to approve it for cobranding and put their badge on something like that

DJH;640230 said:
lol, looks like u did not read this thread in totality.
Anyway, for the benefit of your knowledge (u own f10 right?) when we drive over a bump or pothole even at low speed, the suspension rebound suddenly instead of smooth ride over it. Thus creating a loud thump noise which will jolt u out of your sit...hahaha. We went through a lot of channels before they agreed it is an issue and changed it for us. Those changed are all rear absorbers but i can share with u that the front has a bit of issue too. Just how particular u r with car is subjective but if we compared to previous 5 series, it is apparent

Hi all , (newcomer here)

Just sharing tht AB called me up for appointment to replace by rear absorbers, asked him whether this will solve the thumping issue, he said already done on 10 other cars (Penang's AB) and it solved the problem.

But i got friend who said the thumping issue is becoz of the Run-On-Flat tyres, he had changed both front tyres with the normal tyres and it solved the thumping problem for his f10.

TPMS (tyre pressure monitoring system) problem?

Hi all,

I experienced tyre punctured recently but my TPMS was not appear / signal on the loss of tyre pressure.
I realised about it when the car vibrated strongly and stopped at the roadside.
I noticed that my tyre already spoiled and can't hardly drive the car even at 20km/h.
Called up BMW voice (at 4am) & was arranged for tow truck (which came after 3 hours later)
Drove the car to the nearest R&R (5km ahead) with a very slow speed and after another 1-2 km then only the TPMS signal appeared.

Changed tyre at AB & confirmed tht no system fault but when manually tested (by reducing >1/2 tyre pressure ) the TPMS signal not appeared at all.

Later AB even installed updated software , & manually tested (by reducing > 1/2 tyre pressure ) the TPMS signal only appeared after 8km distance.

According to AB it's normally function (after 8km distance of loss of tyre pressure than only TPMS signal ON) but my concern is why was the delay i.e after 8km than only the TPMS signal on?
What is the point having TPMS if it can't immedietly signal about the loss of tyre pressure (in my case i personally can feel the strong vibration before the TPMS notify me.
Moreover if i drove the car at 180km/h & TPMS warning signal only appears after 8km, at tht time my tyre already spoiled and can't be driven anymore (R-o-F tyre can only be driven at less than 80km/h for it to last at 100km distance) & than have to call tow truck.

Already e-mailed the complaint to AB m'sia, BMW m'sia & BMW german but no reply so far (only received acknowledgement of e-mail from BMW german).

Any comment/opinion? or this is the the normal characteristic of f10 too
Any opinion?

Guys, do you know how I can cancel my F10 booking and get my booking fee back? My Sales Rep is obviously very vague about the process...

jovial8;647260 said:
Why you cancel ?

I have been following this thread since the F10 was out and had test driven at least 5 523is and 2 520d. I dont think it is worth the trouble with the issues cited here and noticed by me for I am paying. It is a nice car indeed but I'd expect more from a UDM.

FYI my car has had none of the issues which seem to plague the posters in the problems thread. Maybe they were early batch?

paultantk;647426 said:
FYI my car has had none of the issues which seem to plague the posters in the problems thread. Maybe they were early batch?

Same here,Totally agreed with you,i also have none of those issues..maybe should have poll here how many have that issues...

ashman55;647527 said:
Same here,Totally agreed with you,i also have none of those issues..maybe should have poll here how many have that issues...

I still have issues with F10. My last visit in May to have the front absorbers fixed not fully rectified. The sound was ok for about 1 week and then re-appear eventhough now the driving mode is comfort! The rear absorbers improved a bit but still far from comfort drive over humps. Right now I just drive but with no affection feeling at all.

Has anyone experience problem with PDC? My F10 front sensor won't pickup any signal of obstruction upon entering parking lot with wall infront. Complained and fixed but return to pre-complaint status.

In summary, there is no joy for driving F10

Lazyboy;647320 said:
I have been following this thread since the F10 was out and had test driven at least 5 523is and 2 520d. I dont think it is worth the trouble with the issues cited here and noticed by me for I am paying. It is a nice car indeed but I'd expect more from a UDM.

I doubt this forum represents a significant sampling rate for you to ascertain as to the car you ordered would be affected. I think BMW M'sia would have solved the absorber issue by now.

adri13;647554 said:
I still have issues with F10. My last visit in May to have the front absorbers fixed not fully rectified. The sound was ok for about 1 week and then re-appear eventhough now the driving mode is comfort! The rear absorbers improved a bit but still far from comfort drive over humps. Right now I just drive but with no affection feeling at all.

Has anyone experience problem with PDC? My F10 front sensor won't pickup any signal of obstruction upon entering parking lot with wall infront. Complained and fixed but return to pre-complaint status.

Hi adri13,

My absorber got the noise like bro hallow and your car too :(
Yes, In summary, there is no joy for driving F10 at all.
BMW's after sale director told me this is characteristic of the F10 and they cannot rectify it because the absorber is made by 3rd party factory.
I told them, they should report this to the factory but he refuse to do it and keep telling me the parts is from 3rd party and they cannot do anything.....

Top Bottom