F10 523i problem to date

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
Sorry to know about your bad experience Ben.For me i had a nightmare pre delivery experience from a PJ dealer that i swore i will never set foot again in their compound once i got my car.Luckily so far i have no problems.Now if i need to ask or for anything i go to ingress..Never again to that hell hole..

ashman55;633788 said:
Sorry to know about your bad experience Ben.For me i had a nightmare pre delivery experience from a PJ dealer that i swore i will never set foot again in their compound once i got my car.Luckily so far i have no problems.Now if i need to ask or for anything i go to ingress..Never again to that hell hole..

The second gift, BMW give me is air conditioning unit failed twice during the 1st week. I sent in the car for repair to Auto Bavaria, Segambut branch (Pruvent, Technical Service) and we had to wait for 4 hours at the shop for the repair as my family and I had to go to Singapore for a family emergency. They claimed that it was a gas problem – level of gas too high. I then proceeded to go straight to Singapore but when I reached Seremban, the air conditioning unit failed again. I must say I am extremely disappointed for the car being faulty in the 2nd week, Auto Bavaria failing to repair it appropriately and for me and my family having to endure a long trip to Singapore without air conditioning.

BMW = Banyak Masuk Workshop - Now i start believe it :(

ashman55;633788 said:

Ashman55, I had a very bad experience with a PJ dealer too, lies after lies after lies. When they wanted my deposit, they said can get car in 1 month, then waited 4 months for the colour that I wanted. Never mind, I had patience and could wait. When they couldn't deliver car when car finally identified, they said system down in JPJ - when I sent someone there to check, no problems at all. Then they said their runner lied to them. Then they said doing tinting, and when I went over next day, car haven't even arrived. After that, when collect car, tint was not what was agreed, different brand, never mind I accepted delivery anyway. They said give me 2 umbrellas to compensate for all the problems, now they still owe me 1, haven't heard from them since. When I brought my car in for service, they scolded and shouted at me for parking in front "Why you park in front? Next time, park at the back!" when there were no visible signs pointing to the back. Then when I had warranty problems, they sent me to Puchong they said that PJ doesn't handle warranty problems. When I went over to Puchong (their sister service center in Puchong) tried to settle a rattling noise 4 times (very tolerant), they scolded me when I expressed frustration. They said annoyedly "Hey, I am here to help you ah." What's happening? I don't know.

ashman55;633788 said:

you are in luck ashman, here is my gift from them (pls refer to attached file of their letter to me). replaced replace two times of the front absorbers. now they said is F10 characteristic .
wait for so long for the permanent solution from Munich as promised and at the end you received such answer from AB & BMW Malaysia. Compensate with another year of warranty ? i dont see anything value since the problem cannot be solved.

What can we do ?

ben10;633826 said:
The second gift, BMW give me is air conditioning unit failed twice during the 1st week. I sent in the car for repair to Auto Bavaria, Segambut branch (Pruvent, Technical Service) and we had to wait for 4 hours at the shop for the repair as my family and I had to go to Singapore for a family emergency. They claimed that it was a gas problem – level of gas too high. I then proceeded to go straight to Singapore but when I reached Seremban, the air conditioning unit failed again. I must say I am extremely disappointed for the car being faulty in the 2nd week, Auto Bavaria failing to repair it appropriately and for me and my family having to endure a long trip to Singapore without air conditioning.

BMW = Banyak Masuk Workshop - Now i start believe it :(

i masuk workshop 3 times on last two weeks. luckly mine only hot air from the footwell . if the whole car i really dont know what to do .. i can imagine how mad are you when you traveling to singapore with family with such a condition.

macdaque;633827 said:
Ashman55, I had a very bad experience with a PJ dealer too, lies after lies after lies. When they wanted my deposit, they said can get car in 1 month, then waited 4 months for the colour that I wanted. Never mind, I had patience and could wait. When they couldn't deliver car when car finally identified, they said system down in JPJ - when I sent someone there to check, no problems at all. Then they said their runner lied to them. Then they said doing tinting, and when I went over next day, car haven't even arrived. After that, when collect car, tint was not what was agreed, different brand, never mind I accepted delivery anyway. They said give me 2 umbrellas to compensate for all the problems, now they still owe me 1, haven't heard from them since. When I brought my car in for service, they scolded and shouted at me for parking in front "Why you park in front? Next time, park at the back!" when there were no visible signs pointing to the back. Then when I had warranty problems, they sent me to Puchong they said that PJ doesn't handle warranty problems. When I went over to Puchong (their sister service center in Puchong) tried to settle a rattling noise 4 times (very tolerant), they scolded me when I expressed frustration. They said annoyedly "Hey, I am here to help you ah." What's happening? I don't know.

Hi mac,

PJ dealer?? r u referring to that one which started with "Q" ?

TQ

Mine Q too and delayed for months with similar excuses. Looks like we all have been taken for a ride. Wonder why they think we are stupid or something.

On top of having the same situation like u macdaque after paying deposit.Can u imagine the dealer do not want to give me the documents to register the car in Trengganu.initially they said ok,once i went there to collect documents then its not ok.i got to fight for like two hours even shouting like mad man.then only they relented.actually it is win win for everybody.i just can't forgive them for make me begging like that.one salesman told me,he also don't understand why i was treated like that,normally they give outstation clients to do owns registration..tthis only one part,much more if were to tell..

halow;633843 said:
i masuk workshop 3 times on last two weeks. luckly mine only hot air from the footwell . if the whole car i really dont know what to do .. i can imagine how mad are you when you traveling to singapore with family with such a condition.

The last time I had a/c problem, car was like oven. And had to drive in the rain. Imagine an oven that you cannot open window!

macdaque;633896 said:
The last time I had a/c problem, car was like oven. And had to drive in the rain. Imagine an oven that you cannot open window!

Bro,

Mine even worst - whole family sitting in the oven for 8 hours, to and back from Singapore and no one from BMW assist me and this happen in 2nd week i get my car :(

So with all these complaints, any thoughts of waiting for the new Audi A6 instead???

andrewlim8;633863 said:
Hi mac,

PJ dealer?? r u referring to that one which started with "Q" ?

TQ

"Q"uite clear, no need to mention specific names, you know what I mean?

ben10;633900 said:
Bro,

Mine even worst - whole family sitting in the oven for 8 hours, to and back from Singapore and no one from BMW assist me and this happen in 2nd week i get my car :(

Sorry to hear ben10, hope it wasn't raining when you had family in the car for the entire 8 hours! For those who don't know, if the a/c has problems, i.e. not enough gas or too much gas, the heater comes on. Cannot switch off, even with a/c power off, it is like an oven hot enough to fry an egg, literally. The surfaces around the a/c will be too hot to touch even. Even when fan and a/c switched off, the hot hair still on.... so no way of escaping the very hot air. That has been the problem for all models as I understand. So, when u hv a/c problem, hope that it is not raining and that you can cool the cabin a bit by leaving windows open.

Why don't they just have a switch off button like proton car,sometime u just want air con total shutdown..like driving up to genting..

ashman55;634122 said:
Why don't they just have a switch off button like proton car,sometime u just want air con total shutdown..like driving up to genting..

Bro ashman55,

U can switch off the air con by pressing the small fan printing knob.

xero200;634081 said:
So with all these complaints, any thoughts of waiting for the new Audi A6 instead???

My uncle bought an A6 brand new in 2006, maintained in Audi themselves exclusively until now, but few months ago was told his engine AND gearbox is kaput and needed to change new. Was presented with a RM87k bill, but after making some serious noise the bill was goodwill reduced to RM32k.

haywire;634149 said:
My uncle bought an A6 brand new in 2006, maintained in Audi themselves exclusively until now, but few months ago was told his engine AND gearbox is kaput and needed to change new. Was presented with a RM87k bill, but after making some serious noise the bill was goodwill reduced to RM32k.

Bro haywire,

The service still better than BMW, at least Audi listen to you & reduced the bill.
For BMW, they told us the "gu gu" sound from the absorber is characteristic of F10 and they don't plan to solve it at all :(

macdaque;634117 said:
Sorry to hear ben10, hope it wasn't raining when you had family in the car for the entire 8 hours! For those who don't know, if the a/c has problems, i.e. not enough gas or too much gas, the heater comes on. Cannot switch off, even with a/c power off, it is like an oven hot enough to fry an egg, literally. The surfaces around the a/c will be too hot to touch even. Even when fan and a/c switched off, the hot hair still on.... so no way of escaping the very hot air. That has been the problem for all models as I understand. So, when u hv a/c problem, hope that it is not raining and that you can cool the cabin a bit by leaving windows open.

how they solved this problem for you ?

halow;634160 said:
how they solved this problem for you ?

Problem was with cooling coil. Had that changed, cost 4k+, had to remove the dash, wrecked too many parts, traded in the e90 for f10, and thought that nightmare ended. Little did I know that that was the beginning of a bigger nightmare with Q!

Top Bottom