F10 523i problem to date

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
Some Japanese cars are designed to run on RON97. That being said, my uncle who has been driving his Alphard for a few years now with RON95 only has not faced with any problem yet

EL118;653414 said:
Hi Ben,

Your absorber noise still cant be solved by BMW? i am wondering whether my E66 730 is having similar problem as the rear suspension will have clicking sound when pass thru hump.

Bro EL118,

BMW already found the solution to solve the real absorber noise.
However the front absorber noise, they still don't have any solution to solve it and i think they are not planning to solve it at all. They draft a letter to Bro Hallow and say that the sound is characteristic of F10 :)

ben10;657812 said:
Bro EL118,

BMW already found the solution to solve the real absorber noise.
However the front absorber noise, they still don't have any solution to solve it and i think they are not planning to solve it at all. They draft a letter to Bro Hallow and say that the sound is characteristic of F10 :)

I heard all the new version of F10 is fine now, that means that is already solution but they are reluctant to change for u i supposed.

haywire;657158 said:
Some Japanese cars are designed to run on RON97. That being said, my uncle who has been driving his Alphard for a few years now with RON95 only has not faced with any problem yet

Don't mix with RON 97 then later RON 95... Beware of O2 sensor ........ This applies to Harrier as well ....

guys,

really disappointed with my F10, recently masuk workshop few times already for repair, found a funny sound when make a left turn (guess is from the front suspension) and AB said have to wait for solution from German . second is the aircond button fad off again after they replace the panel few month ago.

as for the front "gu gu " sound , tested the latest unit and so far all the F10 i tested also have the front gu gu sound when drive over the bump.

halow;667452 said:
guys,

really disappointed with my F10, recently masuk workshop few times already for repair, found a funny sound when make a left turn (guess is from the front suspension) and AB said have to wait for solution from German . second is the aircond button fad off again after they replace the panel few month ago.

as for the front "gu gu " sound , tested the latest unit and so far all the F10 i tested also have the front gu gu sound when drive over the bump.

what do u mean by "GU GU" sound??? only happened in cbu???

halow;667452 said:
guys,

Bro halow,

1st batch F10's qc is suck, you will need to in and out their workshop until you sold the car :(
My F10's front suspension also got the "gu gu" sound problem and BMW still can't find the solution to solve it.
For Diesel F10 owner, u can't hear the sound because your engine too loud :)

willie;667464 said:
what do u mean by "GU GU" sound??? only happened in cbu???

Hi Willie,

F10 that equip with Dynamic Damping Control (DDC) will face this issues. set to comfort or normal mode and drive thru the road bump (especially short and tall one ) then you will hear the sound .

"Gu Gu" sound!

well i am sure it is irritating, especially for such new & expensive marque.

actually i do notice that my e60 have this "gu gu" sound when i go over humps. not loud, but can hear it. i just shrug it off... not sure if this is worth a complain.

paultantk;667468 said:
Any of the new f10 owners here have gugu sound whatever it is?

paultantk;667538 said:
Where got people go over bump press accelerator one?

Well bmw already sent a letter to claim this is the characteristic of F10 and I just can not believe it , For F10d even u do not accelerate the engine sound might already cover the gu gu sound .

Paul If u want to listen the gu gu sound I know the right place to test at Desa parkcity. If u interested let me know. I will share the experience with u.

Why don't you record the gu gu sound and let us hear? Put on YouTube. I'm quite curious on how it sounds like, maybe I have it but have been missing it or thought its normal.

You can have your opinions on the 520d engine but as an owner of a 520d and someone who has driven the 520d, 523i, 528i, 535i, 535d, and even the 550i, the 520d engine in my opinion is not that much louder than the petrol engines from the interior of the car. It's just the tone is different, a way to describe it would be the petrols have a sweet chick's voice while the 520d has a sore throat.

paultantk;667642 said:
Why don't you record the gu gu sound and let us hear? Put on YouTube. I'm quite curious on how it sounds like, maybe I have it but have been missing it or thought its normal.

You can have your opinions on the 520d engine but as an owner of a 520d and someone who has driven the 520d, 523i, 528i, 535i, 535d, and even the 550i, the 520d engine in my opinion is not that much louder than the petrol engines from the interior of the car. It's just the tone is different, a way to describe it would be the petrols have a sweet chick's voice while the 520d has a sore throat.

thanks Paul for the feedback on diesel engine. I'm considering to purchase the new 520d, what's your advice as compared to 523i. The main reason I'm going for diesel is its inherent power and torque. My BIL was deadset against diesel engine bcos of his bad experience with mercedes E270D. I suspect Mercedes diesel engine is far more inferior in tech as compared to BMW. You can notice now, if I'm not wrong, in their main brochure, Mercedes doesn't promote diesel engine car anymore in Msia except for parallel importers.

Paul, can you share more on the maintenance and if there is, any other issues to take note of, if I were to drive the 520d? sorry to ask so many questions, as this would be the first time I'm considering diesel engine. By the way, I was told the current 520d (F10) engine was from 2009 design, any comment?

heard that gu gu sound on 520d f10 occasionally but very soft and have to listen carefully when over the bump.

serenum;667696 said:
heard that gu gu sound on 520d f10 occasionally but very soft and have to listen carefully when over the bump.

my 520d has the kruk kruk soft sound if i drive over the bump fast...i think is absorber up/down sound only... small prob

onghb;667727 said:
my 520d has the kruk kruk soft sound if i drive over the bump fast...i think is absorber up/down sound only... small prob

Hi onghb, i presumed urs is F10. Can share about ur experiences of maintaining the 520d, any issues on the loud sound from the engine that we normally read abt diesel engines?

Mine sent in last week due to faulty traction, steering, air bags, hold button, signal....all sorts of alerts came out and not working. Sent in before for traction issue so it got worse. Collected it today so hope that it will not happen again. Sigh, less than a year car already has so much problems.

Top Bottom