F10 523i problem to date

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
ashman55;647527 said:
Same here,Totally agreed with you,i also have none of those issues..maybe should have poll here how many have that issues...

Me too, I'm very happy with mine till date.

My is overall ok except driver door rattling abit and sometimes at comfort mode suspension give out gu gu sound.

My f10 has no problem, i can hear rattling sound in the cabin sometime but it is from my pocket(coins and keys).

Lazyboy;647320 said:
I have been following this thread since the F10 was out and had test driven at least 5 523is and 2 520d. I dont think it is worth the trouble with the issues cited here and noticed by me for I am paying. It is a nice car indeed but I'd expect more from a UDM.

I agree with you at first but it seems to me more problem on first batch of F10 petrol and for F10 diesel, comment is quite less. Thus, after a few research and analyse, I noticed the current order batch has less problem and perhaps BMW malaysia has rectify most of the problem. Can't deny that some maybe unlucky one, even you go for more expensive one such as brabus or jaguar. This forum is very useful to know more abt F10 so that you have some guidelines and how to tackle the problem. I understand it is painful to invest near to half a million and get a "problematic" car. Anyway, I go for diesel after looking for pros and cons. Anyway, good luck to your search of your dream car and pls do let us know your latest findings.

Guys, perhaps this may give some new era to you .........

http://star-motoring.com/News/2011/Buyers-can-seek-full-refunds-for-faulty-vehicles,-.aspx

chy;648340 said:

The tribunal has been around for awhile although the max amount refunded is RM25k only. If you go to civil court for more damages then be prepared to pay a lot for legal fees etc.

It's still not very consumer friendly here in Malaysia like it or not :( when even BMW Malaysia either can't or won't help out based on some of the stories I've read here.

Dear F10 Owners,

Sad to note that after almost 10 months, the F10 problems could not be resolve permanently by BMW. I hope one fine day all the problems could go away. Cheers F10 owners..at least you guys have the latest model which I could not afford to own.

Azman Warren;649725 said:
Dear F10 Owners,

Sad to note that after almost 10 months, the F10 problems could not be resolve permanently by BMW. I hope one fine day all the problems could go away. Cheers F10 owners..at least you guys have the latest model which I could not afford to own.

Don't say so early. Nanti, the f10 racun will spread to you. May the dark force with you.....

ben10;647871 said:
Hi adri13,

My absorber got the noise like bro hallow and your car too :(
Yes, In summary, there is no joy for driving F10 at all.
BMW's after sale director told me this is characteristic of the F10 and they cannot rectify it because the absorber is made by 3rd party factory.
I told them, they should report this to the factory but he refuse to do it and keep telling me the parts is from 3rd party and they cannot do anything.....

Hi Ben,

Your absorber noise still cant be solved by BMW? i am wondering whether my E66 730 is having similar problem as the rear suspension will have clicking sound when pass thru hump.

Travelled from Ipoh to KL and back to Ipoh with full tank. total mileage is exactly 500km. 420km on the highway speed around 160-180km/h. the rest 80km is city driving. I think the fuel comsumption is slightly on the high side.

You mean you could only go 500km on a full tank on a 523i AND most of it traveled on the highway?

Ehhh!!!! im usually city driving 30% day 70% night driving and push my car slightly at night driving on 535 and could easy do 500plus KM on RON97

Surprisingly yes. unless some dudes valet parking at JW Marriot siphon off some fuels or left my car engine on. My old peugeot 407 can do almost 700km on plain highways. I don't travel outstation much. that's why a bit puzzle at the high fuel consumption. I use RON95 BHP. will update you guys if I do another outstation trip.

Yeah, that is very surprising! I can push close to 600km when traveling to SG. City driving about 500km max...

Jeffrey;656339 said:
Surprisingly yes. unless some dudes valet parking at JW Marriot siphon off some fuels or left my car engine on. My old peugeot 407 can do almost 700km on plain highways. I don't travel outstation much. that's why a bit puzzle at the high fuel consumption. I use RON95 BHP. will update you guys if I do another outstation trip.

Maybe you could try Petronas Primax 95? From what I read, the fuel consumption is good.. not sure about this though..

If your $$ permit, it is still advisable to go for RON 97. For instance, my friend has a Alphard V6, All the while he used RON 97, after he uses RON 95 for 2 months, his O2 sensor kaput... Later, he dare not use RON 95 ...

jovial8;656971 said:
If your $$ permit, it is still advisable to go for RON 97. For instance, my friend has a Alphard V6, All the while he used RON 97, after he uses RON 95 for 2 months, his O2 sensor kaput... Later, he dare not use RON 95 ...

Is he sure that is caused by RON 95? or maybe it is time for a change?

Nope .... I suggest not to mix the RON 95 and RON 97 especially the japanese car that has O2 sensor

Top Bottom