Engine Oil Leak

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
Nope! if you only change top gasket, then u might as well buy 4 sets at one go!

The leak will become more serious because root of the problem not fixed. My first 2 times were only replacing the top gasket and it fail again in less than 1 oil change interval... and so everyone suspected the screw not torque to identical force, did that on the 2nd claim, still fail within 10k km. Please don't go through the whole learning cycle again. Waste money and precious time!

My 3rd was replacing a flange near the vacuum pump plus its O-ring, that too didn't solve the problem. So the number 4th time replacing all the vacuum pump O-ring. Good till now. If fail again, I was told a new vacuum pump will be installed! :eek:

My brand new E90 has been in and out of SC during its first 2 years of warranty period fixing the same things! :stupid: and this vacuum pump is leak, will cause loss of brake efficiency! :eek:

And the farnee part is, this is not a rare problem. Its so common almost every E90 has it. Yet, the repair protocol is still the same 4 stages. Try A, if fail go to B, fai again go to C, then only try D when all A, B & C fail. Very systematic if u ask me.. :stupid:

So Astroboy, if the full 4 set are done in one go, the infamous issue of leaky N5 E90 is no longer an issue until its worn out again? I wonder why BMW did not get it right off the production line or have they and this only impacting the earlier E90?

gamenoob;573239 said:
So Astroboy, if the full 4 set are done in one go, the infamous issue of leaky N5 E90 is no longer an issue until its worn out again? I wonder why BMW did not get it right off the production line or have they and this only impacting the earlier E90?

hmmnn... Good question!.. something to ponder about. :39:

Mine is an N4 and the current recall in US involving 350k N5.

http://thenewschronicle.com/bmw-recall/100208010/

BMW, who initiated the recall, said the breaking system could develop a leak, "potentially causing a vacuum loss and consequent reduction of power breaking assistance.”

For the time being, just treat the leak as a periodical thing and take care of it probably once a year. Even human are not perfect and go through similar issue at a much shorter interval.. :p :D

Manage to try throwing the car this morning on DTC mode to almost 45 degree and counter steer... :love: leak?! yea right, I'll still keep the car! and recommend others to buy :top: :D :D :D

Sorry I meant N4 E90 rather...

Well, on a sedan it will be fun but not that hair raising until yuo do it on the truck .... After some pouring last week, and wet surface there was a huge road with almost 90 degree turn. I'm very familiar with the road and knowing when it will give on dry... so with wet and almost mid corner, I gun the throttle, and max torque kicks in on my triton.... the tail start to slide out and I ready with counter steer and brought it back to order... the baulking of all terrain tyres is scarily fun especially the noise generated scare the sh!t out of some aunties some distance away... my bad for being a dick on the road.... But due to the high CG of truck.... you can very easily overcooked it.... I check my nut and still dangling....

astroboy;573190 said:

The leak will become more serious because root of the problem not fixed. My first 2 times were only replacing the top gasket and it fail again in less than 1 oil change interval... and so everyone suspected the screw not torque to identical force, did that on the 2nd claim, still fail within 10k km. Please don't go through the whole learning cycle again. Waste money and precious time!

My 3rd was replacing a flange near the vacuum pump plus its O-ring, that too didn't solve the problem. So the number 4th time replacing all the vacuum pump O-ring. Good till now. If fail again, I was told a new vacuum pump will be installed! :eek:

My brand new E90 has been in and out of SC during its first 2 years of warranty period fixing the same things! :stupid: and this vacuum pump is leak, will cause loss of brake efficiency! :eek:

And the farnee part is, this is not a rare problem. Its so common almost every E90 has it. Yet, the repair protocol is still the same 4 stages. Try A, if fail go to B, fai again go to C, then only try D when all A, B & C fail. Very systematic if u ask me.. :stupid:

Yeah Wasted lots of time... haiz.. when i think about fixing my car sakit kepala d.. guess that i will bring to chu seng in pg to fix it... and get rid of this car asap :top:

onghb;573545 said:
... and get rid of this car asap :top:

Yes, Toyota good :top: :D That's why I have one in my garage, then only I dare buy BMW.... :p

astroboy;573190 said:

True AB,
Since mine is grey import and not covered by warranty ,I did the repair outside.Changed all the vacuum pump O ring only cost RM 200 +. I had all my vacuum pump 'O' ring changed at one go and it is good till now also.No need to follow SC repair protocol.

FIRZ67;573693 said:
True AB,
Since mine is grey import and not covered by warranty ,I did the repair outside.Changed all the vacuum pump O ring only cost RM 200 +. I had all my vacuum pump 'O' ring changed at one go and it is good till now also.No need to follow SC repair protocol.

FIRZ, which workshop you went?

Where to buy bigger O ring?

Hi,
Just wonders where to buy the O ring which goes inside the Vacuum pump itself?

I bought the outer O ring but wants to know where to get O ring which goes into Vacuum pump itself.

Can somebody please provide part number or link to buy that?

Many thanks.

Top Bottom