e90 Door Lock Mechanism

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
Did u use a higher rating fuse? SC up rate the fuse as first repair procedure.. :( failing which, only actuator is replaced.

astroboy;538012 said:
Did u use a higher rating fuse? SC up rate the fuse as first repair procedure.. :( failing which, only actuator is replaced.

I don't think its right for them to use higher rating fuse as the fuse is used to protect your electronic system from major damage.
They should have replaced the actuator as it's a well known issue......

megatnh;538014 said:
I don't think its right for them to use higher rating fuse as the fuse is used to protect your electronic system from major damage.
They should have replaced the actuator as it's a well known issue......

I couldn't agree more. I believe there are stressing the limit of the safety margin to lessen the impact on the profit margin.. :p :D

astroboy;538019 said:
I couldn't agree more. I believe there are stressing the limit of the safety margin to lessen the impact on the profit margin.. :p :D

Plus they can claim the cost recovery from BMW Malaysia anyway....don't let them toy around with your bimmer ya

megatnh;538098 said:
nizan1979
The bulletin is useful...how did u get the bulletin?

Found it when browsing the internet for this dock lock problem. Can't remember which forum...

How many actuators needed replacement? Is it possible to change them prior to the failure? Just a preventive measure in case it spoils my outing.

Spaceman;538349 said:
How many actuators needed replacement? Is it possible to change them prior to the failure? Just a preventive measure in case it spoils my outing.

Nobody replace actuator at a fix time interval to prevent failure. They replace car.. :D :D

hmmm..just hang out in this forum...i just drive Malaysia car... door lock for E90 become normal problem after 2years...if u just change the fuse,this prob will come back after few weeks... conclusion,change the door lock mechanism...why d fuse kaput after change new one?owhh,it bcoz d door lock consume alot of current,so the fuse blow it self to prevent door lock kaput..in this case,door lock already have internal electrical problem... if ur car just finish the warrty,then u treat ur service advisor as a frens..so they can help u in good ways....

im interested with topic key frequency....for merc and bmw,they more use radio signal... then it use "computer code" like 10001,........99999...every time u press the key,this code will change... dat y if some body want kipnap ur car,they must get the key.... w/o key they cant start ur car...if ur key missing or stolen,make the police report and bring ur car to SC.SC will block the key tread and the key missing can't use anymore...
for japan market,they use low frequency bcoz it govt policy...so the frequency coverage just around 3-5feets...

My 20 amp fuse blown again....at work shop now.....finally has to replace the actuators....

nizan1979;556524 said:
My 20 amp fuse blown again....at work shop now.....finally has to replace the actuators....

Try to get LCI ones if the fronts are the ones giving problems...they are cheaper(at half the price) and lasts longer as well.

Hi,

My 320i central locking is unlocking / locking randomly while I'm driving.
No issue with locking / unlocking the car via FOB and auto lock at 20km/h is working fine so far.

Symptoms of actuators failing soon ? Appreciate your comments.

Top Bottom