ECU Tuning made Affordable

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting post.
I have been looking into this for some time but give up the idea as people told me BMW/borch system is different from JDM. BMW/borch system has base map and "relearn" no matter how you tune it.

I have basic tuning knowledge with successful record of tuning a S13 with KA engine running eManange Blue, that I turbo it myself.

so, what I need to do here :)
I have a 95 e36, which mean I am good on the EEPROM.
I have a Wideband sittng & collecting dust. It has a linear analog 5V output. How can I log it with RPM?
I am a 50% electrical engineer. :D What you use to reprogram/write the chip ?
I tried a No Lift Shift on a car with 4G63. I want it on my e36. *evil-grin*

Zakie@TIC;456854 said:
All this info I have given is for the members who would like to do this themselves, I can also train a enthusiast who would like to help other members. A little bit of electronics and some hands on experience with auto's will be a minimum requirement. There will be some investment required for this operation and wont be just limited to BMW's but most cars made upto like year 2002.

Regards

Do u mind to explain more detail to me regarding this? PM me, thanks.

turbology;457457 said:
Interesting post.
I have been looking into this for some time but give up the idea as people told me BMW/borch system is different from JDM. BMW/borch system has base map and "relearn" no matter how you tune it.

I have basic tuning knowledge with successful record of tuning a S13 with KA engine running eManange Blue, that I turbo it myself.

I have a Wideband sittng & collecting dust. It has a linear analog 5V output. How can I log it with RPM?

you are so modest.. btw.. what is 50% electrical engineer..:listen:

jarance;457802 said:

Means study halfway and dropout, did not complete the degree. :bird::dontknow::wink:

BMWs;457805 said:
Means study halfway and dropout, did not complete the degree. :bird::dontknow::wink:

ohh.. that OK lar.. Bill Gates also dropout..:wink:

better than got kickout becos of..... :listen:

Hi Guys, Sorry wasn't online too much to respond to the queries posted as I only returned couple of days back after a overseas trip as SG F1 was also a part of it. Will do over the weekend.

turbology;457457 said:
Interesting post.

i guess you're right as the bosch ecu's (most European) aren't too piggyback friendly since they have a tendency to re-learn back. When we do a rechip/reflash its straight into the look up tables of the map so no way for the ECU to re-learn back. Its nice you have a Wideband device as we could log and check if the tunes are in the perfect afr, does it have a magnetic pick-up for rpm.

Open up the ECU and take a look at the EEPROM and let me know the number onit or send me picture of the circuit as I then could see it for my self.

To red/write eprom/eeproms you need a device which could do just that , which is called a EPROM Programmer.

jarance;457802 said:

Thanks. But all I can is talk. Need more fund the fulfill my own A1 team. Would you like to be my sponsor ? :p

BMWs;457805 said:

50% mean... I have an engineering background in electrical but a computer degree instead :D

50% mean... I have an engineering background in electrical but a computer degree instead :D[/QUOTE]

Haha, i have a computer degree as well and today what ever im doing has nothing related to computers.

xsjado;464100 said:
yes!!!price,pics,availability..and others.!

Originally Posted by xsjado
hi!!!how much will it cost me,do i need to send my old chip over?my engine is a e36m42,0261203590 dme....EWS.

Hi , I can do a very special price of RM.XXX for the tuned map, you dont have to send me the chip itself, just email me the read of the standard/present chip inside of the ECU. This can easily be done if you can find somebody with a eprom programmer as we can save on courier cost etc. Let me know how you want to do it.

Regards,

Zakie

PS: Check PM for pricing

Happy Eid ! and hi to all, I'm confirmed to be in KL early next week, I hope to train a few dealers in ECU chipping/re-flashing for other brands. I'm open for discussion with any of the members here who would like to take up for BMW's and also offering some competitive pricing for the members here with cars made pre 2003 ( E46, E39 ) and very specials for pre 96 models. The special offers are mainly for standard cars, a Intake and exhaust change is alright.

Interested people kindly pm or email me for further info.

Regards,

Zakie

Been here over a week now, anybody interested can call me on 010 3640771.

Regards,

Zakie

Guys, if u been after proven ecu tuning at a very affordable price,
Bluegreen Motor Werks located along Federal Highway around Motorola,
Fire Fighter row in PJ has been doing this for sometime now.

They have own tailored programme for every cars especially E30s, E34s , E36s.
They did 1 for my own E34 M50B20 recently. I am very impressed with my ride as I gave another 530i V8 a good run. Certainly I couldn't overtake it, but a good run...:wink:

And all this cost me just a few hundreds ringgit with them...this includes after sales support with them even after 6 months. They also let me to test drive my car with their every tuning to find the most satisfying set-up that I like.For a mere few hundreds, they made me a very happy man.

I agree with Zakie that having an own programmer and toying with our own rides anytime is really great. But I also believe somethings are better left with the experience hands. Recently I read in another forums how DIY ECU tuning went really wrong and frying the cars. Just my opinion...:rolleyes:

hi badbone...thanks for sharing your experience...when you mentioned "few hundred ringgit", how much exactly? I'm driving the same model as yours, manufactured in 1994, standard.

Did horse power and fuel consumption improve after the ECU tuning? I'd like to know more...just in case I felt the itch do send mine for tuning.

Again, thanks for sharing =)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom